Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proposition 8 supporters vent frustration over continued protests

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    That answer and stance is the exact reason the gay rights movement isn't making the progress it could.

Oh yes. And that harlot asked for it by wearing that little bitty skirt. Sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    I want to know what the non-Christians, atheists, and agnostics who voted for Prop 8 base their beliefs on.
    I've never met an atheist or agnostic who was homophobic. How do you know there are any that voted for Prop 8?

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I have a question that might seem stupid, but I'll ask anyway. If it becomes legal, can the Church still refuse to acknowledge or perform gay marriage ceremonies, or would they be forced to go along with it?
    Churches that do not want to marry gay people will never be required to do so. The state grants the license. Where the ceremony is performed is up to the individuals being married. If a church won't marry a heterosexual couple during Lent, then the government isn't going to do anything about it because it is not the state's business. A civil ceremony can always be done under state law and that's all that the state is responsible for ensuring.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I do feel that it defeats the purpose of a vote if people can just overturn it when the result isn't what they wanted.
    I'm surprised that you can amend the California state constitution by a simple majority. A two-thirds majority is required to amend the US Constitution.

No church is ever forced to do anything, however one would hope they would drag themselves into relevancy and the modern age by shunning bigotry

not holding my breath.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    I've never met an atheist or agnostic who was homophobic. How do you know there are any that voted for Prop 8?
    I can name two atheists who voted for the similar petition in this state. They are as anti-religious as anyone can be and voted to ban gay marriage. God wasn't their reason, obviously. Do I consider them homophobic? One, yes. That person dislikes homosexuals. The other, I can't consider homophobic. The second person does not dislike gays, but for some reason, just doesn't support marriage between people of the same gender. These are educated, successful, otherwise tolerant people.

How do you know there were none?

Well the one that just "dislikes gays" is just a fucking bigoted asshole for the sake of it. That person is a write off.

The second person, what was their logtic, if any. Just "doesn't support it" doesn't cut it. Why?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I was asking how you know. I haven't seen any exit poll information on that.

The agnostics and atheists I know aren't homophobic.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

No we are not ^^
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information