Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The pretense of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    So lets be honest with ourselves here...you think if you had at least a GED you wouldn't be shit out of luck with finding work at a fast food establishment, much less a college education? Don't fool yourself. I know it seems like I'm being mean but you write the same shit over and over in different threads and you need to pull it together - your home life is toxic and you aren't a kid anymore, if you want to move, MOVE. If you want to get a job, GET A JOB. Who gives a fuck about your mom's boyfriend? You're always making excuses. They only act like this because you live under their roof without contributing - get out, find work, become an adult. You'll benefit from it in the end. Otherwise you'll just be like this when you're 25. You act like your mom doesn't want you to find a job or move out, which instinctively I think is bullshit. You're an adult now, its on you no one else. Why does he assume you won't keep this job - is this a pattern? This is all fucked up and you need to stop playing the victim.
    *chest bump*
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    *waits for the groupthink/cunty bitches finger pointing to start*
    I was surprised that it didn't rear its ugly head this time...
    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    *points well manicured finger with correct base colour*
    lying-fat-fingered-chipped-polish bitch!
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    Hopefully this doesn't turn into a PB-like situation... but that would be sad. And maybe a little bit funny.
    it could NOT possibly go that route.
    Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Quit lying, you know your deal-breaking fingers are fat. FAT!
    so, you've seen them too?

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Oh good grief. I usually don't comment in threads like these, but this is just too much. OMG, she broke down and asked if the fast food places were hiring? Wow, just...wow.

Amazing that someone who places no value on education thinks she's too good to take a job that hires people with no experience and minimal formal education. Really, why would someone want to take a job where they could make a couple hundred bucks a week when they could sit home and make zero? Makes perfect sense to me.

And I'm sure people are just lining up to get a place with someone who has no job and no money to contribute towards rent and food. Good luck with that.

Everybody has to start somewhere. Well, unless they just don't want to start at all.
    chest bump for you too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rondette View Post
    wow, what a strange thread.

Nicole is in her comfort zone. It's bloody scary jumping out of it (I know this!) but god, once you get out it feels so much better. Stop procrastinating Nicole!!
    It is scary but like you said, so worth it!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Nicole doesn't even need to get a GED to go to college now. Many schools offer programs where you take and successfully complete 24 credits, and they award you a GED, plus you keep your credits towards the degree.

As for not being able to afford college...BULLSHIT. For one, the government gives out plenty of aid. She claims she lives in the "ghetto" with parent(s) that don't make much money, she can get something.

If she can't, no harm in taking out some student loans like plenty of other people (myself included) have done. Go to a state or local city college, they're much more affordable. Financial aid is more likely to pay the entire cost of a semester at a public college than a private.

Oh and the 2 mile walk the bus won't kill ya.

^^ Well, honestly she could easily file independent, and get on welfare, and get food stamps. She could then get a job at school that is funded by the government, and let's not forget that the gov't would completely pay for her education for the next four years.

She needs to read this thread.... although she probably won't because her mother won't let her/wouldn't like it....
    Free Charmed.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    She needs to read this thread.... although she probably won't because her mother won't let her/wouldn't like it....
    It's hard to believe that any mother wouldn't want their child to get and education and have a better life than they had...
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

^ That's right, I thought I remembered her saying her mom "made" her drop out of school. I just really hope she reads this and takes some of the advice given. You guys have brought up some great points! I truly think she just needs to grow up; chronically she may be 20 but her emotional maturity is definitely much younger than that. Although I don't really want to kick her while she's down, so I'll just say good luck!

P.S. I had to laugh at the "college is all about parties, sex, and drugs" comment! I wish it said that on my degree! Bachelor's of Partying!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

I really had begun to think that i was the only one who was feeling like it was a waste of breath to give advice to Nicole. I don't know if i bought all of her stories about her mom and stepdad. If it was that horrible, what was she still doing there? And they must not be that horrible if they are allowing her to live there with no money , no job, no ambition, etc. Apparently they are paying for the roof over her head, the food in her belly, the computer/internet she posts from, and the over processing on her hair. She hasn't found the time to really look into furthering her education and getting a job, yet she has time to criticize and whine on this site. Sheesh, it's been long enough. I just got the feeling she had become quite comfortable in her situation and had no intention to change course. It really irked me to read that she "broke down" and tried to get a job in fast food. How is a job in fast food beneath you if you don't have an education and have never worked? I know people who have been downsized from very good jobs who are now waiting tables to get by. There is no shame in honest work. I really hope she gets her act together. But i have a feeling that when she comes back and sees these posts there will be plenty of attitude before (if) she sees the light.

Happy trails to you...until we meet again.
    I love & miss you Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMarsters View Post
    ^^ Well, honestly she could easily file independent, and get on welfare, and get food stamps. She could then get a job at school that is funded by the government, and let's not forget that the gov't would completely pay for her education for the next four years.
    See that's just another reason why I hate the welfare trap. She's young and healthy. There is no reason for her to be on welfare. Get a job. Get financial aid or student loans. Pay your own way in life.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Not saying welfare is a good idea, but if she just doesn't want to get a job...lol. That is another option. I doubt she will be willing to pay her own way through life at the moment.

She's got to start paying in one way or another or she'll become her mother. Get a job, get an education, get both, get somewhere in life.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

I am not sure what to say, I hope she does not think anyone is picking on her. That is not the case. I just hope she really considers her options, and chooses to do something with her life.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalucy69 View Post
    I really had begun to think that i was the only one who was feeling like it was a waste of breath to give advice to Nicole. I don't know if i bought all of her stories about her mom and stepdad. If it was that horrible, what was she still doing there? And they must not be that horrible if they are allowing her to live there with no money , no job, no ambition, etc. Apparently they are paying for the roof over her head, the food in her belly, the computer/internet she posts from, and the over processing on her hair. She hasn't found the time to really look into furthering her education and getting a job, yet she has time to criticize and whine on this site. Sheesh, it's been long enough. I just got the feeling she had become quite comfortable in her situation and had no intention to change course. It really irked me to read that she "broke down" and tried to get a job in fast food. How is a job in fast food beneath you if you don't have an education and have never worked? I know people who have been downsized from very good jobs who are now waiting tables to get by. There is no shame in honest work. I really hope she gets her act together. But i have a feeling that when she comes back and sees these posts there will be plenty of attitude before (if) she sees the light.
    Yes, that's what irked me enough to reply too.

Not trying to jump on the bashwagon OR defend her, but...I've known people like her in my past. From what I've read, she's really had no good role models in her family, since none of them seem to place any value on education, working a steady job, or leaving their mother's home (I believe her mom didn't leave until age 40, and uncle still lives at home?)

The sad thing is, Nicole obviously knows her situation isn't well...normal, or she wouldn't be posting about it here asking for advice. It just seems her family's lifestyle is so ingrained that instead of looking for ways out, she looks for excuses to stay in. But she can't really expect sympathy and attention if she continues to choose the latter. At least not here.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMarsters View Post
    Not saying welfare is a good idea, but if she just doesn't want to get a job...lol. That is another option. I doubt she will be willing to pay her own way through life at the moment.
    Is that the part welfare plays? It supports people who don't want a job? fuck that.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

^I am not being negative to anyone's post, but I find it shameful that there are so many people who think of welfare as "making a living". That is definitely not attacking MrsMarsters for her post, because I read it as she was not endorsing it, but stating that it was an option. It disgusts me that the welfare system has become a career for not only some individuals, but for whole families. I want my money to help those who are down, but trying to pick themselves up, not unmotivated, lazy asses with a sense of entitlement that think I should work my ass off to support them for the rest of their lives because they don't want to. Again, none of this is pointed towards any of the posters here, just at the way welfare seems to work.

Happy trails to you...until we meet again.
    I love & miss you Dad.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    See that's just another reason why I hate the welfare trap. She's young and healthy. There is no reason for her to be on welfare. Get a job. Get financial aid or student loans. Pay your own way in life.
    Personally I think higher education should be free. If you can get the grades then you should be able to go. Otherwise it becomes a matter of economics and class.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information