Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The pretense of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    *points well manicured finger with correct base colour*

Quit lying, you know your deal-breaking fingers are fat. FAT!
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    I'm forcing a hiatus on her. She needs to cool herself off. Maybe she'll take advantage of the 2 week ban to find out about the GED or job hunt (and since this isn't a private forum she'll be able to see these posts when logged out).

Probably won't help though, it's a big internet, she'll probably go harass other boards instead of people here.
    yeah it would be great for her if she did, however, we've all been here before and she still hasn't got a job or her GED, despite all the help & advise she's been offered. Its unfortunate but at some point, one just has to do it instead of complaining or making excuses for why its not happening; be that a GED, job, relationship thats not working, etc, etc, etc.

At the end of the day one is repsonsible for oneself. Thats the bottom line.
    Free Charmed.

well that was anti-climatic. we didn't even get a good board-fucking.
    i feel a little... blue-balled i guess would be the right word.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I just don't like the victim/excuse mentality. She's 18, not a small child. If she wants to get a GED, she can. If she wants to get a job, she can. If she wants to move out, she can. I suspect that she's secretly one of those people who are satisfied in their situation because she's having everything provided for her, its just laziness and nothing else. I think she's not willing to put in the work, but likes to bitch that she's being victimized. Argh.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    well that was anti-climatic. we didn't even get a good board-fucking.
    i feel a little... blue-balled i guess would be the right word.
    Well she earned it. All those posts got attacking other members infractions, the most point heavy infraction you can get. It only takes 4 to earn a temp ban. Maybe if we're lucky we'll get a flame out when she comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    I just don't like the victim/excuse mentality. She's 18, not a small child. If she wants to get a GED, she can. If she wants to get a job, she can. If she wants to move out, she can. I suspect that she's secretly one of those people who are satisfied in their situation because she's having everything provided for her, its just laziness and nothing else. I think she's not willing to put in the work, but likes to bitch that she's being victimized. Argh.
    Isn't she 20 now?

And yes, I agree, being the passive-aggressive victim means that she doesn't have to take any personal responsibility for why her life is shit.
    Does anyone else see similarities between her & Lily?
    Free Charmed.

She's 20 now?! Holy shit, that makes things a lot worse in my book. And she's NEVER had a job? My mother would have killed me. I got a job when I was 14, lol. I thought, "oh this will be awesome, my dad will keep paying for everything and I'll have extra money." Nope, reality kicked in the first time my dad said, "you have a job now." My first thought was, well this sucks - now I don't want to work! But I did. There are very little excuses you can give for not working at 20 if you're not a student. By the way, I'm familiar with the area she lives in from way back - I know its kind of ghetto now but its not like there is a lack of jobs in that area.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Hit By Ban Bus!

I don't know anything about the people involved here. I just hope Nicole can see this because I just want to say that thing that adults begin to see in young people, is that when people want to work, they work. They find a way to do it, even if it means volunteering just to get the experience. Being a high school drop out doesn't matter as much in the job market as being a life drop out.

Get out of the house and go to a senior center and volunteer to help seniors write and mail Holiday cards. Head down to the Goodwill and help volunteer to process donations since this is a very busy time of year for that. Go to the police department and offer to help with the toys for tots campaign. Then put that on your resume. I agree with january that tenacity is the most impressive quality not only about a job applicant but as a person. Quitters just annoy everyone and bring down the mood.

You seem like a pretty cool chick so far and there's a world of opportunity out there if you get up and just open the damn door.

/soapbox

But that is just it. People here have invested time energy & emotion in trying to help her - for quite some time (e.g. All the GED & career advise was first posted in June 2008) and since then NOTHING has changed... No GED, no job, no voluentering, nothing.
    There comes a time when you either have to shit or get off the pot. This is Nicole's moment. If she doesn't change her life now & in the next few months, this is how it's going to be for the rest of her life. And then she's going to spend the rest of her life putting others down to make herself feel better & compensate for her own shortcomings.
    Free Charmed.

I could say a lot of bitchy things that would certainly apply, but in a way I feel bad for Nicole cause she's just letting life pass her by and I've known too many people who had some potential once upon a time only to end up in a similar rut.

But hell, sometimes I wished I was one of those people she's talking about who got fucked up and partied all the time (all on their parents or someone else's dime) when in college. But no, I had to be "serious" about school. But the way I saw it, school and/or a job was what was gonna set me free (from mom or anyone else having a say in my life, which I was itching to get to) and nothing else. And being fucked up off my ass was only gonna prolong me getting to that point in life, which I wanted to do before I was at an age where I was plucking the stray silver hairs out of my head and had joint pain the morning.

When I got the fuck out of her house (which wasn't til my mid 20's as it was) was when I went balls out with having some fun. And by then was older and wiser enough not to do anything that would fuck up my health, my future, being able to hold on to my job/apartment or pay my bills.

Nicole: The longer you sit on your ass, the harder it is gonna be.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Isn't she 20 now?

And yes, I agree, being the passive-aggressive victim means that she doesn't have to take any personal responsibility for why her life is shit.
    Does anyone else see similarities between her & Lily?

Maybe not. Someone on here has been 20 for at least 2 years.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Meh - only 2 years? I will be 39 for a loooong time, but since I've gotten carded 3 times recently I feel it's just appropriate.

Reading that original thread just annoyed me. And this thread was just from outer space. Nicole was acting as if Jamie Elizabeth had actually authored the article and not just posted it, very very strange attack. We have a lot of members who have horrific stories, but unlike most, she doesn't seem to want to do anything about anything to change her circumstances and expected this group (usually such a demure and quiet bunch) to be a rah rah squad for whining and sitting around doing nothing.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

You know..I don't have a real job, but I do make a decent amount of money online. Just saying there are plenty of ways to make money. I feel it is like this, I do not blame anyone to why I wasted 2 1/2 years in college. I did have some mental issues at the time, but I take full responsibility, and because of that I ran out of aid, and have to take out loans to finish, and pay out of my pocket.

People here are actually very intelligent, and gave her GREAT advice, she just was not interested, because she feels she knows more. Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMarsters View Post
    You know..I don't have a real job, but I do make a decent amount of money online.
    You've got one of those sites!
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    You've got one of those sites!
    I know, that's what it sounds like. Link please? Can we get a free membership?

Kidding.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information