Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The pretense of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    Did your GPA plummet simply because of how ignorant you are?
    Pompous like you, someone who acts like they know everything about, well... nothing?
    Why are you being this way?
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

^^ Amen. Nicole why don't you share your high school and college GPA with us. Oh that's right......
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Elite Member

Default re

I think our Nicole just went off the deep end a bit.

I loved my liberal arts education and decades later it still pays off in my work and my appreciation of the world around me. Yes, there are some pompous folks in universities, but sometimes when you are young you do not have the wisdom to see the value of what you are learning.

I don't care. I'm the who post. I found another stupid one to post last night. Ought not.

Well, you don't have to put up with someone flat out insulting you like this. It's against the rules.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Attacking the writer of the article is fair game, attacking the poster is stupid, especially when the attacker hypocritically accuses the poster of being dumb & not doing well in school when that poster never completed high school and didn't take their GED either. It's irony at it's finest.

N.B. Irony does not appear on the periodic table with goldy & shiney....

I did well in high school, up until I had to go to that stupid christian school. I always had at least a 3.5 GPA, in public school. I can't go to college, because I don't have the credentials, but why would I want to? It's over rated. All people do there is get drunk, get pregnant and get weird diseases. It's not like a college education can get you anywhere today, anyway.

Still, do you see me believing the stupid bullshit that JamieElizabeth does? No. It doesn't take a college graduate, OR a high school graduate to see through the bullshit. Obviously, SHE can't.

Call my insults to her offensive, but I'M personally offended that she thinks she can insult our intellegence the way she does.

Tell me, does this make sense?

I don't care. I'm the who post. I found another stupid one to post last night. Ought not.
    What the fuck is that even supposed to mean?

I guess losing patience toward people like this is going off the deep end, now. I guess that means we've ALL gone off the deep in, on this forum. I'm not the only one who has flipped out at somebody here, for justifiable reasons or not, so DON'T single me out like you seem to like do to. DON'T make me look like the only one here who doesn't care for idiots. DON'T make me look like the only one whose lost their freaking mind at somebody. DON'T make me look like I'm the only one whose had a condescending attitude. Okay??

But apparently, I'm the only one here who people view as the proverbial punching bag, so just have the fuck at it.

No manifestos until after work hours dammit! I NEED my shots.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

It's not like a college education can get you anywhere today, anyway.
    Of course not, hell, let that high school kid wield that stryker saw & scalpel & do the brain surgery, college is over-rated; need to get out of jail? call a first grader, what do lawyers know. College is over-rated and ignorance is (apparently) bliss.

OMG .... commas.

All people do there is get drunk, get pregnant and get weird diseases. It's not like a college education can get you anywhere today, anyway.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

It's over rated. All people do there is get drunk, get pregnant and get weird diseases. It's not like a college education can get you anywhere today, anyway.
    I must have missed the memo when I was in college! FYI, a college degree is not worthless, if I hadn't had one I couldn't have had many of the opportunities that I've been presented with in my life and I wouldn't be where I am today. I also learned a tremendous amount in my field and it opened up doors to me through my practicum, and I made several connections that helped me later in life. Hard work is tantamount but as my previous employer told me, a college degree proves to them that you have the fortitude to stick things out and it indicates that you're a hard worker, regardless of where you went to uni. That doesn't mean that you are doomed to failure if you don't have one, but to act like it doesn't matter is just ridiculous. You'll never make it anywhere with stupid comments like these - do you even have a job, or are you looking, have you ever had a job? What are your goals in life? Don't accuse other people of ignorance when you make asinine comments like the above. And just to clarify, I'm definitely not stating that people without a college education are somehow less than those who do - but its lunacy to say that a college education won't get you anywhere (except, per this idiotic post, knocked up with several STDs).
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Just because I'm not working right now doesn't mean I'm not looking. I broke down, and went ahead and asked the fast food joints by my house if they were hiring, and none of them were. =/ i'm limited to where I look, because mom's bf doesn't want to drive me all over town or out to Kansas to look for a job he assumes I won't keep.

I'm still calling my friends and asking them about moving.

bus
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

So lets be honest with ourselves here...you think if you had at least a GED you wouldn't be shit out of luck with finding work at a fast food establishment, much less a college education? Don't fool yourself. I know it seems like I'm being mean but you write the same shit over and over in different threads and you need to pull it together - your home life is toxic and you aren't a kid anymore, if you want to move, MOVE. If you want to get a job, GET A JOB. Who gives a fuck about your mom's boyfriend? You're always making excuses. They only act like this because you live under their roof without contributing - get out, find work, become an adult. You'll benefit from it in the end. Otherwise you'll just be like this when you're 25. You act like your mom doesn't want you to find a job or move out, which instinctively I think is bullshit. You're an adult now, its on you no one else. Why does he assume you won't keep this job - is this a pattern? This is all fucked up and you need to stop playing the victim.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information