Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: President-Elect Barack Obama's approval ratings

because that would be putting their money where their mouth is, and "conservatives" never do that.

They just spew hypocritical bullshit all day without taking any responsibility for the outcome of their words/actions, and then whine about the 'entitlement' issues of others.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    What a stupid pole...I mean the man hasn't done anything yet.
    I'm still trying to figure out what there is to approve of!!

It seems like to me it should be renamed 'Are you bitter or happy that Obama won?'

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I can promise that his approval ratings will be very low among racists who refuse to acknowledge that is why they don't like him.
    Which is my feeling that his approval ratings are unfortunately, will never be accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Or among people who disagree with abortion, higher taxes, his health care plan, etc.

There are many reasons why people don't like Obama that have absolutely nothing to do with race. I'm so tired of his supporters pulling out the race card when they encounter someone who doesn't want this man to be President.

And frankly, I don't think he'll be able to live up to his promises, because many of them involve HUGE spending when we're already in an economic crisis.

If you want to talk racist, how about the African-Americans who voted for this guy SOLELY because he's black? (I'm not saying ALL blacks who voted for him fit into this category- but some do.) IMO, those are the real racists.

I didn't vote for Obama because as a conservative Catholic who is in the top income bracket, I strongly disagree with his positions on the majority of the issues. Most of my friends feel the same way. Our decision not to vote for Obama has nothing to do with race. If there were a conservative Republican candidate who happened to be an African-American, I would happily vote for him.

Racism still exists
    . There are still bigots. Stop referring to it as the "race card" as if its a fictional game whenever some brings up race. Whomever you quoted wasn't talking about people who dislike him about issues, he/she specifically was talking about the prejudice Americans.

And African Americans voting for Obama solely because he is biracial is not racist, lol. You make it as if black people have a regular choice of presidents that are black, and they cast their vote for the black one each time. That would be "racist". Do you think the female Hillary voters are sexist for voting for Hillary because she is a woman? No one has ever brought that up.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information