Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 62

Thread: President-Elect Barack Obama's approval ratings

  1. #46
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    31,884

    Default

    I refuse to read this thread because the idea of polling his popularity this soon after the election is nonsense. Let's see a poll six months after he takes office and then we can talk.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

  2. #47
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    NBC news reported tonight that Obama would have won the Presidency of the United States of America even if he had not received ONE SINGLE BLACK VOTE. He still would have won. That says a lot.
    Wow. That does say a lot.

  3. #48
    Elite Member DeChayz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,068

    Default

    SB, when you say you don't agree with Obama's "values", what do you mean? What exactly are you referring to?

  4. #49
    Elite Member southernbelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    SB, when you say you don't agree with Obama's "values", what do you mean? What exactly are you referring to?
    I have very conservative, Christian values, and many of Obama's positions on the issues violate those beliefs.

    One main example is that I disagree with the "right to choose" because I feel that your choice is whether or not to have sex if you're not prepared to have a baby. I do not support abortion.

  5. #50
    Gold Member ymeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smurfette View Post
    So Obama has no values but McCain does? So having an affair while married to your disabled wife indicates values? Yah that's really a moral person.

    This is why republicans will never go 'too far' on abortion or gay rights. They have to keep these issues as wedge issues and make at least a few concessions to either side. Because they are in a catch-22, if they were to really outlaw abortion, and for all intents and purposes, homosexuality, the "morality"-tards would vote for their best economic interests and hand the country right back to democrats, and undo the whole thing. Rethugs have to keep it a constant struggle for the jugheads who are not sharp enough to see they are being had. Suckers.

    as to the abortion thing, children should never be a PENALTY FOR HAVING SEX.

  6. #51
    Elite Member cmmdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Eva's Love Den
    Posts
    25,571

    Default

    And I don't thi nk it's a woman's 'choice' if she is raped and impregnanted.

    And you have to love the Larry Craig's of the world. So anti-gay yet hitting up restrooms from some loving. Some gay loving.

  7. #52
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    59,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    1) he hasn't done anything yet

    2) he has a HUGE mess to clean up, and his numbers will be lower because it's going to take a long time to dig out from under it

    3) if he managed to right the country, it will be a fucking miracle and he'll be the smartest guy int he damned country. Untangling Bush's clucterfuck will take herculean powers and i don't know if anybody can DO that in a decade given how badly Bush and cronies assfucked America.
    agree. especially with the bolded part.

    i also don't think that anyone that didn't vote obama is racist. it's ridiculous to make that kind of blanket statement. while i don't agree with her views, SB has always held them and i couldn't imagine her voting for a democrat even if obama hadn't been on the ticket.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  8. #53
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I have very conservative, Christian values, and many of Obama's positions on the issues violate those beliefs.

    One main example is that I disagree with the "right to choose" because I feel that your choice is whether or not to have sex if you're not prepared to have a baby. I do not support abortion.

    I don't understand this at all. Do you honestly think that McCain Palin would have overturned Roe versus Wade? The sign of an intelligent voter to me is voting what is best for the country rather than voting what is best for you.

  9. #54
    Elite Member Sweetie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Den of the roving cunty bitches
    Posts
    24,532

    Default

    ^ Sorry, but I don't think SB should have to defend her beliefs, or her right to vote for whomever she wanted too.

  10. #55
    Elite Member AllieCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    4,212

    Default

    I'm sorry, but fuck the un-born babies. What about those who are actually ALIVE and struggling to make ends meet. I guess if it doesn't affect you in the higher tax bracket, who gives a fuck about the other 80% of America? The needs of THE COUNTRY mean more than religious values that should be kept out of the argument, because our founding fathers placed in the constitution, the SEPERATION of church and state!! There is a reason for that!!!

  11. #56
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,359

    Default

    People can disagree with the right to choose all they want... as long as they disagree for THEMSELVES, not everybody else. They don't have that right.

    Disagree with it? Cool. Don't have an abortion. You don't have ANY say in what anybody else can do with their body, though. You aren't their master.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  12. #57
    Elite Member louiswinthorpe111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    14,325

    Default

    That's why I have a lot of issues with the religious system as it stands today.

    I don't agree with abortion. I don't like abortion. But just as we have the freedom of speech, I staunchly believe in freedom of choice. Just because it may not be the best decision for me, doesn't mean it may not be a good decision for someone else. And I will not forcefully impose my beliefs on someone else.

    Same goes for gay marriage. I mean really, why does anyone give a shit? I'm not gay, so it doesn't effect me. So why not let two gay people get married? Let 'em be miserable and have to pay for divorce like the rest of us!!

    Quote Originally Posted by flipstick View Post
    I don't understand this at all. Do you honestly think that McCain Palin would have overturned Roe versus Wade? The sign of an intelligent voter to me is voting what is best for the country rather than voting what is best for you.
    I do believe with the Supreme Court justices that will be retiring, it's a serious issue. I believe with Palin in office, after McCain kicked the bucket, she would have done whatever she could to overturn Roe v. Wade. So for me, the intelligent vote, I did make the decision on what's best for the country, which is the freedom of choice, which is just as important as the freedom of speech.

    SB can vote for whomever she wants for whatever reason she wants and can rightfully express her views. Not everyone has to, or will, agree.
    Last edited by Tati; November 7th, 2008 at 03:37 PM.

  13. #58
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,359

    Default

    No, but i have a problem with people who vote in such a way that they support restricting rights for people.

    That pisses me off to no end. It's wrong.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  14. #59
    Elite Member AllieCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    4,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    That's why I have a lot of issues with the religious system as it stands today.

    I don't agree with abortion. I don't like abortion. But just as we have the freedom of speech, I staunchly believe in freedom of choice. Just because it may not be the best decision for me, doesn't mean it may not be a good decision for someone else. And I will not forcefully impose my beliefs on someone else.

    Same goes for gay marriage. I mean really, why does anyone give a shit? I'm not gay, so it doesn't effect me. So why not let two gay people get married? Let 'em be miserable and have to pay for divorce like the rest of us!!

    Exactly! I don't like abortion either, but who am I to vote to supress that right for others to make that choice?

  15. #60
    Gold Member ymeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    That's why I have a lot of issues with the religious system as it stands today.

    I don't agree with abortion. I don't like abortion. But just as we have the freedom of speech, I staunchly believe in freedom of choice. Just because it may not be the best decision for me, doesn't mean it may not be a good decision for someone else. And I will not forcefully impose my beliefs on someone else.

    Same goes for gay marriage. I mean really, why does anyone give a shit? I'm not gay, so it doesn't effect me. So why not let two gay people get married? Let 'em be miserable and have to pay for divorce like the rest of us!!
    Yep, there is this disconnect where people think that for people who have abortions, it's like catching a movie or playing a video game, recreational. People I know who've had abortions, it is an awful decision to make. What people miss is this is not a moral issue, as far as on a national scale, it is a legal issue. Women will have abortions, whether legally or illegally. With legalized abortion they have it done in a safe and sterile environment. When it is illegal, women of means with access to health care have abortions in safe sterile environments through access, via their personal connections, to doctors who will perform them for a (probably very large) fee. Poor women will hemorrage to death in back allies at the hands of butchers. It then becomes a class issue, and we have a black market in abortion. I don't want a black market in abortion in this country. Women who don't go to the butchers will go back to the knitting needles, the coat hangers, the kitchen cabinet abortifacients, and 'accidents' like throwing themselves down the stairs, jumping off the porch, having bubba sock them in the stomach a dozen or so times. Anti-choice people will then say that these women 'deserved' to die. I don't think poor women deserve to die more than rich women do, and at root that is what the issue is, it ties into health care like everything else.

    We have tens of thousands of children starving to death every day on this planet, something like 50 million children orphaned from AIDS in Africa, scores and scores of non-white children growing up in foster care in this country because bigoted "pro-lifers" never walk their talk and adopt these unaborted children. I can't ever understand how it is that so many of the already born are never seen or helped by these folks.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Joe Biden [Vice President of the USA]
    By Belinda in forum Hot Guys
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: October 13th, 2012, 02:00 PM
  2. Barack Obama [President of the USA]
    By sweetrebel in forum Hot Guys
    Replies: 186
    Last Post: May 9th, 2009, 09:40 PM
  3. President elect Barack Obama launches new website - Change.gov
    By Belinda in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: November 6th, 2008, 03:15 PM
  4. President-elect Barack Obama laying low Wednesday
    By kingcap72 in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: November 6th, 2008, 10:51 AM
  5. Bush's approval ratings back at 36%
    By Grimmlok in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: January 25th, 2006, 10:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •