Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 62

Thread: President-Elect Barack Obama's approval ratings

  1. #16
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,808

    Default re

    Approval ratings at this point are pretty meaningless. I think Americans are longing to feel good about their govt again, and Obama supporters and even some who voted for McCain will give him the benefit of the doubt for a bit. Plus, the man handles himself very well.

    It's going to long, tough scrabble for the country--it would have been whoever because president. I hope people remember that when he fails to pull a miracle out of his ass.

    I still have faith because he is smart and steady person and that is what's needed.

  2. #17
    Elite Member southernbelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,578

    Default

    I think my reasons for not voting for Obama are just as legitimate as your reasons for voting for him.

    I disagree with his ideas and values. It's as simple as that. You don't.

    Conservatives have just as much right to vote based on their beliefs and values as liberals.

    I'm sorry that you disagree with me, but I don't think that makes my desire to vote based on what I believe any less valid.

  3. #18
    Elite Member msdeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    39,431

    Default

    jeez i bet they will make a poll about what kind of toothpaste he uses.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

  4. #19
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Your vote is one thing. People who vote they vote, your right. But hating him now? Why?

  5. #20
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,330

    Default

    SB - I thought you were a student. Am I mixing you up with someone else? If you are a student I am very impressed that you are also in the top income bracket.

  6. #21
    Elite Member DeChayz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,625

    Default

    Honestly, if someone makes enough money that their taxes are going to go up that little bit, then I don't feel the least bit sorry for them

  7. #22
    Elite Member Sweetie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Den of the roving cunty bitches
    Posts
    24,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flipstick View Post
    Your vote is one thing. People who vote they vote, your right. But hating him now? Why?
    Maybe because of all the stuff they have heard come out of his mouth for the last two years. Not everyone agrees with all he has said.

  8. #23
    Elite Member southernbelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flipstick View Post
    Your vote is one thing. People who vote they vote, your right. But hating him now? Why?
    I think that should be self explanatory based on my previous post. I disagree with him on the issues and don't want to see these policies put into action.

    It's the same reason people continue to hate Bush after not voting for him. The fact that he won doesn't change how I feel about him.

    Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    SB - I thought you were a student. Am I mixing you up with someone else? If you are a student I am very impressed that you are also in the top income bracket.
    I graduated in August, and I'm very fortunate. I don't want to get into any fights with anyone on the board, because I enjoy talking to you all. I just respectfully disagree with the large majority of you on this particular issue.

    I don't like Obama, I'm not happy about his victory, and I hope that you can respect the fact that I have formed this opinion because of my values and my beliefs, and not because of his race, as some people seem to be trying to imply.
    Last edited by Tati; November 6th, 2008 at 10:33 PM.

  9. #24
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,330

    Default

    ^^ I understand. I felt the same way when Bush was appointed by the Supreme Court in 2000 and narrowly won in 2004.

  10. #25
    Elite Member MrsMarsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    HELL
    Posts
    7,238

    Default

    I don't know how anyone can disapprove....since he hasn't done anything....

  11. #26
    Elite Member cmmdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Eva's Love Den
    Posts
    25,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I think Americans are just happy with the fact that the Bush Error is over, and that Palin is back in Alaska where she belongs.
    So true.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    ^ I kinda suspect that too, because everyone is riding his dick at the moment.....
    Sweetie, you have a way with words. LOL.

    Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Or among people who disagree with abortion, higher taxes, his health care plan, etc.

    There are many reasons why people don't like Obama that have absolutely nothing to do with race. I'm so tired of his supporters pulling out the race card when they encounter someone who doesn't want this man to be President.
    .
    While I don't disagree with you that people don't like him because of the reasons you listed, it's silly to suggest that some don't not like him because of his race. To discount racism is very naive. And on the flip, there are people who voted for Mccain SOLELY for the reason that he's white, just like some black people voted for Obama because he's black.

    Two sides of the coin.

    I'm hungry. Random.

  12. #27
    Elite Member Sweetie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Den of the roving cunty bitches
    Posts
    24,533

    Default

    ^ People don't disapprove of his Presidency, they disapprove of his policies.
    It's the same for people that disliked McCain. How could you disapprove of him when he really hadn't done anything either?

  13. #28
    Elite Member cmmdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Eva's Love Den
    Posts
    25,572

    Default

    ^^ I just meant some of the reasons people voted for either candidate, not Obama's "presidency" since it hasn't happened yet.

  14. #29
    Elite Member Just Kill Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes
    Posts
    15,550

    Default

    I'm still trying to understand what the hell McCain and Obama's policies are/were... I probably had no business voting.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

    Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

    Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

  15. #30
    Elite Member Sweetie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Den of the roving cunty bitches
    Posts
    24,533

    Default

    ^ haha, JKM, at least you are honest.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Joe Biden [Vice President of the USA]
    By Belinda in forum Hot Guys
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: October 13th, 2012, 02:00 PM
  2. Barack Obama [President of the USA]
    By sweetrebel in forum Hot Guys
    Replies: 186
    Last Post: May 9th, 2009, 09:40 PM
  3. President elect Barack Obama launches new website - Change.gov
    By Belinda in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: November 6th, 2008, 04:15 PM
  4. President-elect Barack Obama laying low Wednesday
    By kingcap72 in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: November 6th, 2008, 11:51 AM
  5. Bush's approval ratings back at 36%
    By Grimmlok in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: January 25th, 2006, 11:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •