Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: President Barack Obama apologizes for gaffe on Special Olympics

Hit By Ban Bus!
    in north carolina for the next 2 years >.<

You people are so biased. ROFFLE MAYO.

p.s. i am not a republican or a democrat, i just like to bring the other side of any arguement.

No, we just no the difference between a person who is intelligent making a mistake, and an ignorant fool making one...which we had to live with for eight years..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Hit By Ban Bus!
    in north carolina for the next 2 years >.<

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    No, we just no the difference between a person who is intelligent making a mistake, and an ignorant fool making one...which we had to live with for eight years..

So...saying george bush would have "called them retards and flipped them off" is completely logical. Of course, that is EXACTLY what he would have done.

Quote Originally Posted by Brackish View Post
    So...saying george bush would have "called them retards and flipped them off" is completely logical. Of course, that is EXACTLY what he would have done.
    No, he probably would have cut the funding for some special need program also...oop's he did!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Elite Member

Obama's made some mistakes and apologized for many of them, I like that quality. Bush didn't apologize a lot to my recollection, correct me if I'm wrong of course.

One pictured Mr Bush looking under a piece of furniture in the Oval Office, at which the president remarked: "Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be here somewhere."

After another one, showing him scouring the corner of a room, Mr Bush said: "No, no weapons over there," he said.

And as a third picture, this time showing him leaning over, appeared on the screen the president was heard to say: "Maybe under here?"
    HAHAHAHA SO FUCKING FUNNY, shitbag,.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Don't remember any kind of apologies from Shrub. I like that, in this instance, Obama realized his error, called Shriver BEFORE the show aired, and apologized. Yes, that shows class and a moral consciousness that Bush never displayed.

Quote Originally Posted by burnt_toast View Post
    I read that the special olympics bowling team offered to show obama how to bowl ... I would die with delight if he took them up on it. My god, that would be so great and would completely turn this on it's head ....
    They'd mop the lane with him. I guess I'm really un pc...I didn't give his remark a second thought. I was thinking about that 129 game.

The same people who thought it was a distasteful joke didn't blink an eye when Bush pretended to mockingly look for 'weapons of mass destruction' at the White House dinner. You know, the whole reason we went to war and sent young men and women to die.

Elite Member

The minute I heard Obama make the joke, I knew it would be blown out of porportion. I've called myself a retard a million times when I'm terrible at something. That's all Obama was doing. He wasn't making fun of differently-abled people. It's too bad that some people would rather focus on an off-color vocal slip than what Obama is trying to accomplish with this financial mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Brackish View Post
    Oh please, Bush has never shown reverence for anything. This is a man who said, "The Constitution is just a piece of paper." Not surprising given that he walked all over it.

The joke was out of line, but good on him for apologising.

eta-And Bush wouldn't make mentally handicapped jokes. Insulting his own kind, and all that.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information