Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Preacher thrown out of John McCain rally for asking a question

Hit By Ban Bus!

So what if it's from HuffPo? If every liberal outlet is automatically suspect, then so is every right wing outlet, fair is fair, right?

The guy didn't try to hide his affiliation. All he was doing was asking a question and got thrown out for his trouble. So much for a free press.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    So what if it's from HuffPo? If every liberal outlet is automatically suspect, then so is every right wing outlet, fair is fair, right?

The guy didn't try to hide his affiliation. All he was doing was asking a question and got thrown out for his trouble. So much for a free press.

I never said every liberal outlet is suspect. Don't put words in my mouth....and I did compare it to Fox, which shows I don't fall for it when either side does it....

My point was this was not journalism...he staged this, to get a reaction.....and he's an Obama suppporter, so he's not exactly the picture of an impartial reporter......

Just because the right wing press pulls it, doesn't make it right when the left wing does it.....

As for the original story about him calling her cunt, none of the people that were there have verified the story.....hmm, not one

the people that make these stories up count on people believing without question

just because I don't support a candidate doesn't mean I have to beleive every bullshit story that gets printed.....I don't need to demonize them , I can just not vote for them

I think there are enough valid reasons to be opposed to McCain, but that doesn't mean I support slander
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; May 2nd, 2008 at 02:05 PM.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    On GR, yes. More so, in fact. Just sayin'.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

She probably is a cunt.

McCain does have a reputation for having a nasty temper, and although we do have a right to question it, the situation should've been handled better by that preacher. There are many more things that could've been brought up, instead of a name McCain called is wife 16 years ago. Besides, she shouldn't have embarrassed him by talking about his baldness in front of people.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Not illegal...

The senator was able to fly so inexpensively because the law specifically exempts aircraft owned by a candidate or his family or by a privately held company they control. The Federal Election Commission adopted rules in December to close the loophole — rules that would have required substantial payments by candidates using family-owned planes — but the agency soon lost the requisite number of commissioners needed to complete the rule making.

and as for what he called her, get a grip people. It was 16 years ago.

If none of you have ever called your spouse a name, then apply for your halos....

I've called my partner a dick in public, and I hardly think that calls my morals into question

People love to throw that moral questioning around.......

Calling someone a dick is one thing. Caling someone a cunt is a whole other ballpark.

If he said it in front of reporters, then he can't be surprised when it comes back to haunt him.

That said, I personally don't give a damn if he did say it. 99.9% of the people I know have called their significant other a vicious name in public and/or private .

There are plenty of perfectly good reasons to dislike McCain and his politics, but for me, this isn't a good one.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I agree taht what a couple says in private is thier business but if he did it in public, in front of the press, than yeah, it's a fair question. What is more disturbing is not whether this was appropriate but why the man was questioned by the Secret Service? How bloody scary is that?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Hit By Ban Bus!

He's got a serious crotchety old guy temper ...

but his daughters kinda cute.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information