Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poll: Growing Number Believe Obama Is Muslim

Don’t Blame Me, Bush Left a Big Mess, I Just Wanted to Be President So Shut Up.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Nobody has been happy with a Democrat president since LBJ (actually, now that I think about it, they hated LBJ, too, because he got USA further entrenched in Vietnam). Carter was an abject failure. Clinton was not particularly liberal, and the term "triangulation" was coined to describe what was essentially a centrist position.

And Kennedy was shot before we could find out his peccadilloes (SP).

And Harry Truman was almost impeached.

And FDR was pretty much senile when he died in office, but not before handing over Eastern Europe to the Soviets at Yalta.

(replying to wcg) ^^I think the statute of limitations on blaming Bush is running out. But I don't think it was wrong to have expended a lot of energy reminding people that the wars were started under Bush and not paid for, the economy collapsed under Bush, TARP was passed under Bush, none of the tax cuts passed under Bush were paid for and, in fact, back-dated for payment to come due after Bush would be out of office, etc. etc. etc. My personal opinion is the time for pointing all that out closes at the mid-term elections. After that, it's Obama's legacy to contend with.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Problem is, Obama is continuing and, in a lot of cases making even worse, Bush's idiot policies.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Grimm-thanks for answering for me. You answered everything alot better than I would have.

I was never "on" the Obama bandwagon. He was the lesser of two evils but I did hope he would do well and all he does is talk out of both sides of his mouth.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

People voted for a political neophyte who never had the votes or mandate to put forth the agenda he had promised. Surprise!

This is from Politifact, which is a site run by the The Petersburg Times.
    PolitiFact | The Obameter: Tracking Barack Obama's Campaign Promises

While the ratio of promises kept to promises broken seems high, you really have to look at which promises are kept/broken.

The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises

The Obameter ScorecardPolitiFact has compiled more than 500 promises that Barack Obama made during the campaign and is tracking their progress on our Obameter.
    We rate their status as Not Yet Rated, In the Works or Stalled. Once we find action is completed, we rate them Promise Kept, Compromise or Promise Broken.
    The report card at right provides an up-to-the-minute tally of all the promises.
    Other ways to browse the Obameter Obameter update RSS feed

Yes, again politifact counts promises as "kept" even if it's in name only.

I don't.

Politifact is largely bunk.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Yes, again politifact counts promises as "kept" even if it's in name only.

I don't.

Politifact is largely bunk.
    I've looked at some of the items and they back up their assertions.

try "health care reform", which they count as a "promise kept"

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    try "health care reform", which they count as a "promise kept"
    There are multiple items on healthcare. Which promise # is it?

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Nobody has been happy with a Democrat president since LBJ (actually, now that I think about it, they hated LBJ, too, because he got USA further entrenched in Vietnam). Carter was an abject failure. Clinton was not particularly liberal, and the term "triangulation" was coined to describe what was essentially a centrist position.

And Kennedy was shot before we could find out his peccadilloes (SP).

And Harry Truman was almost impeached.

And FDR was pretty much senile when he died in office, but not before handing over Eastern Europe to the Soviets at Yalta.
    The liberals hated LBJ with a passion because of Vietnam. I'm too young to remember the Johnson administration first hand, but I remember the residual anger.

Americans don't elect liberals to be President. The best that we get are moderate centrists who lean a little left. On the other hand, the worst that we get are right wing reactionaries who want to defund government and give tax breaks to the very rich.
    Tea baggers want to fight the Man because the Man doesn't look like them.

I just wanted to point out that Obama can't be the antichrist because everybody's jumping off the bandwagon. If the antichrist thing really happens, the person will be loved by the majority of people and that love will stay strong. So no, not him.

I think we probably would've been disappointed either way. McCain was not so bad, but it probably would've been more of the same, and Palin... well, you know. Obama has been a huge disappointment and I really hope somebody decent shows up for 2012 so we can get him out of there. But I doubt anybody better will come along, and it makes me sad.
    "Not only do we embrace it, we take it out for drinks, get it absolutely steaming drunk, leg hump it and then leave it covered in shaving foam and a stolen Chuck E Cheese outfit in its own bath with no recollection of how it got there." -Kittylady on the sad and pathetic and strange.

Elite Member

McCain would have been a disaster of epic proportions. At least Obama gave us a stimulus, which saved us from a Great Depression. With McCain, we would have been spiraling downward a lot worse than we are now, with 20% official unemployment rates.

McCain probably would have had a stroke or heart attack within his first year, giving us President Palin.
    Tea baggers want to fight the Man because the Man doesn't look like them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information