Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Poland's foreign minister calls Barack Obama's grandfather a cannibal

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

So I was looking up some stuff; there's still occaisional (and it appears to be illegal I think) cannibalism taking place in the Nyanza Province of Kenya where Obama's father is from. Here's some crazy shit; a form of cannibalism practiced in Kenya during lean (ha ha) times was for a well built woman to actuallly slice off parts of her body so that warriors could be fed. It was a big deal and looked upon rather favorably.

Regarding racist white Americans; it is possible that some forms of cannibalsim may have been witnessed among slaves. If cannibalism was practiced among tribes in Africa why would that suddenly stop just because they were loaded up on a boat and shipped overseas?
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

You got a source for that?
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Yeah, but the pervading mindset and obvious implication is what i descibed. Even if albino eskimos on top of the world ate their own babies, it would still not be the mental image that comes up when using a phrase like that.

Lets be realistic. It's not about what is correct, it's about what the mental image that phrase owns.
    exactly, it's not about what is historically correct. it's about racist, ignorant assumptions.
    of course cannibalism was (and is maybe still) practised by societies all over the world. no one is disputing that. but it's besides the point.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

You've got Americans saying stupid, racist shit about Obama. Coming from a foreigner isn't shocking.

couldn't they just make some sandwiches...
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

John R. Baker: Cannibalism in Central Africa
    This one is crazy; interesting regarding the Fang and Azande (sp) possibly coming from the same origin. It's crazy all the different ways cannibalism was and is (gross) practiced throughout the world. I've watched too much Discovery channel crap.

The creepiest one would be the New Guinea tribes that gave themselves human mad cow from eating their dead relatives' brains yum!!! Oh I think that very first article covers how they shake them out of the trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    allAfrica.com: Kenya: Reality of a Man-Eat-Man World (Page 1 of 2) This is regarding the cannibal in Bondo and the warrior feeding women.
    This one's a bit suspect to me.

"A university lecturer once recalled the cannibalistic tendencies among a certain tribe in Western Kenya. "This was long ago when communities still waged wars against each other," she told an attentive class deviating from the normal literature lectures. "In this community, well endowed women were and are still highly regarded," she said. During times of war and in the event of famine the women were often forced to slice off a part of their fatty bodies to feed the warriors. "In this way they had share of the ultimate victory because they fed the warriors," she said."

Neither the lecturer, the course nor the university is named and this appears to be the only reference to this. Also, how is it sliced off without killing the woman? How much flesh?

there's still occaisional (and it appears to be illegal I think) cannibalism taking place in the Nyanza Province of Kenya where Obama's father is from.
    I'm not seeing anything in the links you've provided. Am I missing it somewhere?
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Oh, come on guys...I'm not even that old and I remember shit like this:

My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Bondo is in the province and the story about the guy who was digging up graves and eating brains to cure a skin condition I think is there.

^^^
    and your point is?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    ^ I guess not the same stuff you are.

I just don't see how: He told them: “His grandad ate a Polish missionary.” is racist.
    It only isn't racist if the Polish missionary happened to be an adopted
    black man, originally from Africa.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

One case of mental illness does not a nation of cannibals make. The guy was a nutter.

If he even exists. The only fact given is the name of the officer and all searches on that lead back to the same one story above.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Oh, come on guys...I'm not even that old and I remember shit like this:

Oh no - I remember this too as a kid in the 60's. I cringe seeing it now.

So I was looking up some stuff; there's still occaisional (and it appears to be illegal I think) cannibalism taking place in the Nyanza Province of Kenya where Obama's father is from. Here's some crazy shit; a form of cannibalism practiced in Kenya during lean (ha ha) times was for a well built woman to actuallly slice off parts of her body so that warriors could be fed. It was a big deal and looked upon rather favorably.

Regarding racist white Americans; it is possible that some forms of cannibalsim may have been witnessed among slaves. If cannibalism was practiced among tribes in Africa why would that suddenly stop just because they were loaded up on a boat and shipped overseas?
    Just think of how many people can be fed from that guy in the other thread...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information