Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Planned Parenthood tells teen to lie to get abortion

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrXvDXVhqfU[/youtube]

Many people just don't like/want children and are too young to have a doctor agree to do tubal ligations or vasectomies. If someone like that has a birth control failure, what are they supposed to do? Force themselves to carry out an unwanted pregnancy and then parent a child they resent with every fiber of their being? I am sure many children who have been abused, neglected, tortured and finally killed would have much preferred to have been aborted instead of being sentenced to a short, miserable life.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Wow! I tell you what. Next time I get pregnant, when the little fucker can survive on its own without medical intervention, then and ONLY then, will it be given independent rights in my house.

Thank you. Go live and develop all you want....just don't do it in my fucking body. Let's see how well that works out. Why do I have a feeling this 'human' won't last very long in the real world without me? Hmmmm.....
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Person" Crumpet, don't forget that even as a jumble of cells & shit it still has it's own little personality, etc, so its a PERSON!
    Free Charmed.

That's one of the problems with these debates - people define their terms differently. For example, I also believe that embryos & fetuses (feti?) are human, but I wouldn't go so far as to call them persons. I think what many of us believe is that the unborn child, baby, whatever does have the essence of humanity. They're certainly not another species.

Then you get into the whole "it's alive" "no it isn't" debate. I say it's alive because it's not dead. Maybe there's some third option that never really gets brought up because we don't understand it.

So I believe it's human and alive. Back when I was younger & much more morally rigid & concrete, that meant to me that abortion was a terrible wrong. Now, not so much. We're pretty much overrun with humanity at this point thankyouverymuch, and much of it isn't very nice. And I also believe that death is sometimes the lesser of two evils. I don't love this compromise in my head - it doesn't make me happy or anything, but I don't have solutions to all of the social problems that made people start performing abortions in the first place, so here I am.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    So I believe it's human and alive. Back when I was younger & much more morally rigid & concrete, that meant to me that abortion was a terrible wrong. Now, not so much. We're pretty much overrun with humanity at this point thankyouverymuch, and much of it isn't very nice. And I also believe that death is sometimes the lesser of two evils. I don't love this compromise in my head - it doesn't make me happy or anything, but I don't have solutions to all of the social problems that made people start performing abortions in the first place, so here I am.
    its an incredibly difficult and emotive subject, and - in my own opinion (as that is how I rationalise it) - if it can survive without me, fair enough.
    However, as you'd pointed out, people change - I may not have always felt like this. And, strangely enough, even though I am pro-choice I am not pro-abortion for me.
    The difficulty is - to me - that the religions that we follow (majoritively) today were formed hundred if not thousands of years ago where any (and possible every) child was a little more certainty of being care for in old age. In some cultures this still applies due to child mortality rates.
    However, in so many ways today, it makes no sense for me to bring yet more unwanted children, due to poverty, abuse, situational, etc reasons into this world.
    Abortion isn't an easy option, I don't agree with whoever says that, and I think that you summed it up well by saying that the compromise doesn't sit easily with you, I think that I'd be worried if it did. I don't understand when it is made a "black and white" issue - there are too many shades of grey. I admire the grandparents bringing up their grandchild, they have chosen to put their money and resources where their mouths are.

I still don't get why the person who made this film/tape/whatever hasn't been exposed - surely that bit was illegal whereas the rest was just illjudged?
    Free Charmed.

There are a few 40 year-olds that I'd like to abort.

*waves to Quazar*
    Free Charmed.

I'm pro-choice. I have lost two babies and I still wouldn't deny another woman her right to choose whether she would like to keep her fetus or not. I believe that life begins at birth. This is just my opinion....

ETA: That's entrapment...
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    *waves to Quazar*
    Hi there

i'm surprised that people seem to think that lily's fact is an actually an opinion. science does support her. when did you start to exisit? it happened as soon as your father's sperm penetrated your mother's egg. period. it is science. you didn't magically form the day you left your mother's body.

and double duh to the person who posted the unfertilized chicken egg. not even close.

Yeah, cuz that jumble of cells is a fully formed human being with a personality, emotions, wants, needs, and friends.

Fucking stupid.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Where did anybody say that?

It's the next logical leap in the minds of these nutters.

existence = PERSONHOOD

see: Terri Schiavo
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hmmm. Well, some of us won't be making that leap I guess.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information