Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Planned Parenthood tells teen to lie to get abortion

OCK

Yes, women DO need to be sold on abortion. A lot of women go in not knowing what to do and they're scared--they have no emotional or financial support, and the clinics make money from the abortions. So if a woman is wavering, the clinic will sell it to her ("you can't handle this right now....it's the best thing for you" blah blah blah).
    A doctor will not perform an abortion on any woman they feel does not 100% want one for fear of being sued later on.
    If a woman can't afford to pay for an abortion Planned Parenthood will usually do it for free. Besides PP is a nonprofit, so your in it for the money argument fails.
    ~~~Jesus please save me from your fanclub~~~

^^ That's true. No one can convince you to get an abortion. You either want one or you don't. I can't believe this is even getting started again. Once again, nothing is certain whether it is a human or not.

I could say well if abortions were not legal imagine how dramatically child abuse would go up?

I feel it is NOT MY RIGHT or anyone's else's right to tell a woman whether she should or should not have an abortion.

Guys, stop with the reality! It's all too much!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I am pro-choice. It is your body, your conscience and you will have to deal with any aftermath that comes from whatever decision you take. It is not for me to dictate what another woman choses to do with her body, just the same as what I do with mine is my decision.

Last year a teen close to me came to me because she was pregnant and needed someone to talk to. She said already knew what she wanted to do, which was to pursue a termination. I spent a LOT of time talking to her about ALL her options. I didn't push her one way or the other, but I did do everything I could to make sure that she had access to information regarding adoption, support for young mothers (should she chose to continue the pregnancy and raise the child) as well as information on abortion. Whatever I personally thought about the situation or how I would act if I was in her shoes was secondary - my role as the person she had come to for support was to make sure that she had thoroughly considered all her options, that she was aware of the consequences of each and that she was sure about whichever route she was going to take, as once done it could not be undone.

Even though I am pro-choice I would never, ever push abortion as the only option, because it isn't. Too many people read pro-choice as meaning pro-abortion, but its not about that, it is about accepting that each woman must make their own decision and not be condemned whatever that decision may be. Personally speaking, I don't think that I could go through with a termination, but I wouldn't never deny any other woman the right to make that choice herself.

When there is another person involved, we ARE to protect those who have no choice. Surgery? Your choice. Diet, exercise, birth control, whether or not to have sex? Your choice, your body.

Once you are pregnant, you have already reproduced. There is another person there. If a baby is conceived without a placenta, the baby is immediately ejected as "foreign material"....the woman's body knows it is not her body. So yes, we have the right to say, You have NO right to kill another person because you don't think they deserve to live.....because....what, you want a new pair of shoes? You don't want to lose your job, your boyfriend, you don't want to deal with it? You don't know who you're aborting, and if it weren't a PERSON you were aborting, it wouldn't matter. But it is a person, who deserves to live, and to become whatever it is that person is destined to be.

in your opinion.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Once again, that is your opinion. Just because you feel that way it does not mean it is right or wrong.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Everytime I took a pregnancy test I already made up my mind.

I don't want to hear about "destiny"; it's my destiny and the "potential person's" destiny to have an abortion and be aborted then. It's what has happened. When you start throwing destiny around then you may as well remove all intervention of any kind and turn the entire world into one big fucking wild life documentary.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Lily, the thing is that you are equating an embryo or month old fetus with a fully developed, sentient human being. Most people simply do not accept that the two are the same or that they are social equals, especially since one is inherently parasitic in its relationship with the other. The fact remains that there is no way to support the development of the fetus into a born child without a woman's body going through the medical condition of pregnancy and all of the changes and risks that it involves. So, at some point, one must prevail. It's a no-brainer for most of us that the actual woman that's having the nutrients and oxygen sucked out of her blood and bones is the one who takes priority. Whether the tissue in her womb is 'human' really doesn't matter.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

im pretty sure the sexual assault and resultant pregnancy trauma has disqualified Lily from speaking in a logical or even unbiased manner.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

OCK

Is this a chicken?

~~~Jesus please save me from your fanclub~~~

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Lilly - if it's not for you then don't do it. Just don't tell everyone else that they have to be exactly like you, think exactly like you and behave exactly like you, because they are not you.

Quote Originally Posted by OCK View Post
    Is this a chicken?

mmm breakfastchicken.

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    There are two things here that bother me: one, why are the wingnuts going after an organization that gives to much help to so many people? Shouldn't they putting their energies towards sorting out women's health care? Or are they so interested in controlling womn via their wombs that they've lost sight of what is right? Second, even if the nurse practitioner did tell the person she thought was a 13 year old knocked up by a 31 year old man, is that wrong? Would the insane pro-lifers prefer that a girl this age have a child with a man that old? Are they fucking kidding me?
    You know what concerns me the most about this - that that child's rights have been violated again by violating her right to privacy.
    Did no-one stop to think about the person that planted the hidden camera and go after them?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Don't want an abortion, don't get one. Your truth isn't a truth, it's a viewpoint. A position. An opinion. It is not a constant. You don't hold the magic keys to universal understanding or fact.
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMarsters View Post
    feel it is NOT MY RIGHT or anyone's else's right to tell a woman whether she should or should not have an abortion.
    Unfortunately some people feel that they are able to think and feel for other people and that despite evidence to the contrary continue to force their bullshit opinions down everyone's throats, regardless of whether anyone else is even listening or taking them seriously at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    When there is another person involved, we ARE to protect those who have no choice. Surgery? Your choice. Diet, exercise, birth control, whether or not to have sex? Your choice, your body.
    As usual - absolute bollox - ever hear of rape? Its called rape because it doesn't involve a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Once you are pregnant, you have already reproduced. There is another person there. If a baby is conceived without a placenta, the baby is immediately ejected as "foreign material"....the woman's body knows it is not her body. So yes, we have the right to say, You have NO right to kill another person because you don't think they deserve to live.....because....what, you want a new pair of shoes? You don't want to lose your job, your boyfriend, you don't want to deal with it? You don't know who you're aborting, and if it weren't a PERSON you were aborting, it wouldn't matter. But it is a person, who deserves to live, and to become whatever it is that person is destined to be.
    Wow! I tell you what. Next time I get pregnant, when the little fucker can survive on its own without medical intervention, then and ONLY then, will it be given independent rights in my house.
    Why not make a difficult decision and situation more difficult by spouting your opinion as fact, you're not pro-choice and as usual the pro-birth factor gets all Palin and totally confuses the facts with opinion to make a point.
    What utter, utter garbage.
    Free Charmed.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I think the 13 year old was really an adult posing as a 13 year old.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information