Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Palin baby has been born

Default "The Blessed Event"

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Blessed Event

So it's official. Or is it?

People Magazineannounced Monday evening that Bristol Palin gave birth Sunday to a 7 lbs. 7 oz. baby boy named Tripp. The source of the news? Not the parents themselves or the proud grandparents. People said the birth was confirmed by Bristol's great aunt, Colleen Jones, the sister of Bristol's Grandma Sally Heath..

Curiously, People has since revised its online article to say the birth took place on Saturday. Hmm. The birth date provided by the NY Daily News is even sketchier. Their report simply says the baby was born "over the weekend." The NY Daily News gives a different birth weight, too. They put the little bundle of joy at 7 lbs. 4 oz.

Really, people, how hard is it to get it right?

But at least the print media is trying. Well, some of them.

While the NY Daily News actually had a staff writer do their story, the Alaskan newspaper of record, the Anchorage Daily News, apparently didn't think the story was even worthy of a byline, so they just ran a blurb announcing the birth and cited their source as People Magazine. To their credit, however, they did note that an attempt to get a statement from the governor was unsuccessful this time, while noting she issued a press release in April after Trig was born.

Over at Fox News, they announced the birth via an AP report that includes a most curious error at the end:
    Sarah Palin and her husband Todd have five children ranging in age from son Trig, 7 months, to son Track, 19.
    Wasn't Trig born on April 18th? If he was that'd put him at eight and a half months of age, not seven.

What about family reaction? The birth of a baby is a beautiful thing, right? It's hard for parents, grandparents and great grandparents not to brag.

But as ADN pointed out, there's no word from Sarah Palin other than a tersely worded statement from her press secretary, Bill McAllister, stating that the governor's office would not comment on this "private" matter.

If Sarah or her First Dude were there by their laboring daughter's bedside, they aren't saying so. For that matter, we don't know if Tripp's father Levi Johnston was there. The New York Daily News says it isn't clear whether he even attended the birth.

There's no comment from Levi Johnston's parents either, although in their defense the arrest of Levi's mother on drug charges may make any sort of public statement awkward. And what about Sarah's parents, the Heaths? It was Chuck Heath, after all, who told the world that Sarah's water had broken in Texas. It was Chuck Heath who gave Bristol's due date as Dec. 20th. Now, apparently, he's not saying a word and is referring all questions to the governor's office.

The only one who's talking is a great aunt, who gave two facts - birth date and birth weight - with neither being yet reported to any degree of certainty.

So where does this leave our investigation? As far as this blog is concerned, as long as questions remain we'll stick around to answer them. And this "birth" raises plenty.

Why was the birth announced on Monday, with conflicting dates and birth weights given and/or reported. Again, how hard is it to get this right?

No reports state where the baby was born. Usually when a celebrity or public figure gives birth, some hospital flack will issue a press release confirming the birth. So far, no hospital has identified itself as the birth place.

If the baby was born Saturday or Sunday as claimed, it certainly is convenient to announce it on Monday. With healthy babies and mothers discharged within 24 hours these days, Bristol & Son have had ample time to get home, or to some other undisclosed location.

There are no pictures and likely won't be until the family decides to release them. A lucrative deal with People has been reported, but if the family changes their mind we may never know.

It's hard to believe with all the attention the Palins are getting that photographers weren't stationed at every hospital in the area waiting to get a shot of Bristol either going in or coming out.

But again, nothing.

And finally, let's not forget one important point. Even if Bristol gave birth to Tripp on Saturday or Sunday - and that has yet to be verified via photos or official reports - it does not mean that Sarah gave birth to Trig.

Sarah Palin's wildly unbelievable birth story and photo evidence of what indicates a staged fifth pregnancy still leave ample room for speculation regarding a saga that only grows more twisted with time, especially with the latest chapters of a mysterious church fire, Sherry Johnston's arrest and now this vaguely detailed birth announcement.

So stay tuned. If you read the comments on this and other blogs it's abundantly clear that doubt persists. As long as it does, so shall this investigation.

posted by Audrey at 8:23 AM

Palin's Deceptions: The Blessed Event

The plot thickens.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Did they say wether or not Bristol attended the birth?

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana Small View Post
    That's a good one!

This shit is truly ridiculous and completely fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana Small View Post
    She already attended a birth this year, just not this one.

It's Suri Cruise II!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Blessed Event

Curiously, People has since revised its online article to say the birth took place on Saturday. Hmm. The birth date provided by the NY Daily News is even sketchier. Their report simply says the baby was born "over the weekend." The NY Daily News gives a different birth weight, too. They put the little bundle of joy at 7 lbs. 4 oz.

Really, people, how hard is it to get it right?
    But as ADN pointed out, there's no word from Sarah Palin other than a tersely worded statement from her press secretary, Bill McAllister, stating that the governor's office would not comment on this "private" matter.

posted by Audrey at 8:23 AM

Palin's Deceptions: The Blessed Event

I'm wondering if they popped him out, snapped a photo and then stuck him back in there to finish cooking for the next month or so...

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Farce

It's official. A threshold has been reached.

For months I have been researching the story of Sarah Palin's alleged pregnancy last spring. At times, I've been serious, at other times facetious, at others sarcastic. But on some level, I always thought this was a serious story.

No more. Today, as I searched for a word to best describe where we are now, my husband suggested surreal. And that's a good word, no denying it.

We are now 48 hours after the news broke on People.com that Triggy Trippin' Track (or whatever hell his name is) had been born. The birth day and the birth weight have each already changed once, but I think we've finally settled on Saturday, December 27th, and 7 lbs 8 oz. No matter that ... depending on how you count it... either two days or five days in, not one Alaskan newspaper has confirmed the story. Not one Wasilla/Palmer/Anchorage hospital has confirmed the child was actually born there. We have not seen a single photo, even a quick smile and wave from the proud new mom as she carries her little bundle o' joy out of the hospital. And most incredibly of all, the Governor's office has "refused to comment," saying that it is only a private family matter.

Read that again. Sarah Palin's office - five days after the putative birth - has not yet actually confirmed that the child has been born.

So.. how is it again... that we know this then? Let's review: It turns out that the alleged baby has an alleged great-aunt (who doesn't even live in Alaska, but hey, minor details) who got an alleged email from the alleged grandpa and then somehow (this is totally unclear) talked to People.com. (So how was it, just out of idle curiousity, that alleged great-aunty got Saturday and Sunday mixed up? Was the initial email from Chuck "Sarah's Water Broke" Heath wrong? Mistaken? Oh never mind. There's no point in even asking.) Great-aunty has actually admitted that she hasn't really TALKED to anyone in the family, but again... minor details.

But then, today, just when I thought surely it could not get any worse, it does. People is now reporting that Gov. Palin called them today... and left a message. Hmmm.

And on that message was the earth-shattering info that: Levi and Bristol are not really high school dropouts. Gov. Palin wanted everyone to know that. She wanted it to be abundantly crystal clear. She even says it right out. "They are certainly not high school drop outs." Hmmm.

Because later in the same article we are told that: Levi, also 18, told the AP in October that he had "left high school" to enroll in an apprenticeship program training him as an electrician. (I don't know what YOUR definition of high school dropout is, but that's pretty much mine.)

And her reason for imparting this pearl? To protect the young folks' reputations. Of course, considering that we are talking about a young woman who supposedly just had a baby (possibly her second) at age eighteen and a young man whose mother just got arrested for drug charges, the word "reputation" probably needs to be applied a bit loosely. If at all.

Oh, and what does she tell us about her darling newborn grandson? Umm, let me check the article again. Ummm. Nothing. Nada. Zippo. Squat. Nothing about how cute and chubby and perfect he is. Nothing about how he smells so sweet that his grandmother just can't put him down. Nothing about how cute he looks in his little sleepers or darling hats. But... Levi's going to be an electrician. Yeah, that's important.

She does reassure us that "Levi and Bristol are working their butts off to parent," an odd statement at best considering that the new (alleged) rugrat is barely five days old, and, pardon me for pointing this out, but many of us believe that Bristol has been parenting Trig for, oh, eight months now.

Which brings me to the conversation I had with my husband on the word that could best be used to describe this absolutely unbelievable morass. His suggestion was, as I said, surreal. And it surely is. But I felt somehow I could do better. Somewhere, there was the perfect word. And then, it came to me.

Farce.

For those of you who many not remember high school English, I'll give you a refresher on the definition of farce.
    A light dramatic work in which highly improbable plot situations, exaggerated characters, and often slapstick elements are used for humorous effect.
    Or perhaps you might like this one better.
    A low style of comedy; a dramatic composition marked by low humor, generally written with little regard to regularity or method, and abounding with ludicrous incidents and expressions.
    Yup. Farce.

posted by Audrey at 5:49 PM

Palin's Deceptions: Farce

Farce is a good word to describe anything concerning Governor Moron.

She's thinks if she says something isn't true, people will believe her, like when she was found guilty of abusing her power, and she came out and said: "See? I'm innocent." She thinks she's smart enough to pull the wool over everyone's eyes. That's what makes her so loathsome to me. So slimy and manipulative, yet so outright stupid. "Yes, Levi and Bristol are no longer in high school. They are not dropouts." "Yes, I returned all of the clothes to the RNC. That doesn't mean I'm not wearing one of the outfits as we speak."

To me, that shows she has contempt for everyone she speaks to.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    She's thinks if she says something isn't true, people will believe her, like when she was found guilty of abusing her power, and she came out and said: "See? I'm innocent." She thinks she's smart enough to pull the wool over everyone's eyes. That's what makes her so loathsome to me. So slimy and manipulative, yet so outright stupid. "Yes, Levi and Bristol are no longer in high school. They are not dropouts." "Yes, I returned all of the clothes to the RNC. That doesn't mean I'm not wearing one of the outfits as we speak."

To me, that shows she has contempt for everyone she speaks to.
    Arrogance and ignorance are a dangerous, deadly, combo.
    Hence George W. Bush's disastrous "career" path: from failing all
    his business pursuits to an unprecedented 8 year presidential fail.

***** celeb

Elite Member

Default Re

Oh, Sarah's latest missive to the press makes sense to me. The birth of Tripp reminds everyone that Bristol is still unwed and that neither she nor her baby-daddy have graduated from high school. And that the baby-daddy's mama just got busted for drugs.

Palin is positioning herself for whatever her next big move is and she needs to put some more lipstick on the pig that is her family.

"And her reason for imparting this pearl? To protect the young folks' reputations. Of course, considering that we are talking about a young woman who supposedly just had a baby (possibly her second) at age eighteen and a young man whose mother just got arrested for drug charges, the word "reputation" probably needs to be applied a bit loosely. If at all."

On this point I take issue, although so far i love this blog. Teens have sex. Some of them get pregnant. The 'reputation' b.s., based on pregnancy, is so fifties and so sexist. My problem with Palin was the hypocrisy and the fact that her child-raising beliefs directly conflict with her kid's behavior, because they don't work, they have never worked, and they will never work in the real world. As the recent CNN article highlighted, kids that adhere to the 'abstinence' and the no premarital sex crap are less likely to use birth control when they inevitably do break those pledges. It's immoral and irresponsible to not educate kids about protecting themselves and their futures. It was always Palin's horrible parenting that was at issue for me, and I include the myspace pics of Bristol's alcoholic posturing in that. These kids are screwed up because their mother is a moron and monster, that's the only reputation they really have, and it really isn't their fault.

As far as the birth I suppose it's possible that this is another farce. If I hear of that Baldwin doctor being involved I'll believe it for sure. Palin really does believe she's smarter than the rest of the world and can outsmart any and everyone. It's insane.

in the comments of that blog someone linked to the official announcement, which, of course, doesn't include a photo. I find that lack of photo kinda strange...

Alaska Governor Sarah Palin
    Last edited by ymeman; January 1st, 2009 at 06:04 PM.

I find it funny that Palin basically confirmed that Levi is a high school dropout in her statement to People. Yet, he shouldn't have the job he has on the slope.
    Qualifications?

The recent revelation by the governor that her future son in law is enrolled in an apprentice program on the North Slope raises a serious question about how he was able to get into the program.

The governor's office released this statement on Wednesday:

"Levi is continuing his online high school work in addition to working as an electrical apprentice on the North Slope."
    How is this possible when every apprentice program, both union and non-union, requires a high school diploma or GED as a requirement to admission?
    From the State of Alaska web page:
    High School Diploma or GED equivalency is required. Applicant must provide an official transcript(s) for high school and post high school education and training. All GED records must be submitted if applicable. Some programs require completion of high school level Algebra or the post secondary equivalent.

Oil & Gas Apprenticeship Opportunities
    Can't help but wonder how many Alaskans are going to be pissed about this. Slope jobs are good jobs.

what wrote on 12/31/2008 09:28:40 PM:
    I voted for Palin but had I known she has a propensity for lying to the public, I never would have voted for her. I know Levi Johnston, he was a student at Burchell High School and yes, he dropped out in March 2008. He left Burchell and never returned. He told all the kids, including my teenager, that he was done with school and was going to work on the slope because daddy is a big wig up there and would get him a job. He did just that and that's the TRUE version of what happened. However, now that mama Palin has stepped in, she's making him take courses online because an aspiring politician with her eyes on the national stage knows she can't get there with a HIGH SCHOOL DROPOUT for a son-in-law. Sorry Palin, this is one Wasilla resident who isn't buying your lies. If it leaves school, tells the kids it isn't coming back to school, accepts a job with a private firm on the slope, it's a HIGH SCHOOL DROPOUT. Ask any kid who attends Burchell or formal principal Rob Picou-he dropped out!

Palin says Johnston is no dropout: Gov. Sarah Palin | adn.com

^Gotta love how that "what" person refers to the Johnston kid as "it".

***** celeb

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information