Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh noes! Obama is going to talk to schoolkids!

The irony of those public school's refusing to show the speech is that most of them will be whining about a lack of government funding, and saying Obama is penalizing the schools that didn't show the speech.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Is pisses me off that the governor of our state says he understands where the ignorance comes from but does nothing to fix it.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

The whole thing is a bunch of fucked up fuckery.

On one of my other boards another mom was happy that 'her daughter attends private school and will be protected from the obama propoganda.' She went on to tell us that she has informed her daughter about what terrible things obama has in store for our country and that we should NOT support him.

Um, yeah.

Hell, I'd let my son watch Palin aka Satan, in school, spouting her most vicious bullshit, so that we could have a conversation about it. Hiding the world and it's many views from my children is not something I ever plan to do. It shocks me just how many people want to shelter their precious babies from ANY other possible opinion than their own. Blech.

I agree with everyone who is just about sick of this country. I have seriously given it some thought and wondered where we could move. But then, why be chased off? Perhaps if I stay I can make a difference? Doubtful. Way too many assfucks with no original thought or inspiration around here...and stupid in large quantities seems to win. Sorry, feeling really, really pessimistic tonight.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Is pisses me off that the governor of our state says he understands where the ignorance comes from but does nothing to fix it.
    What state do you live in?

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Agree completely.

And even though some people consider Obama the anti-christ, he's not the first world leader to get that label. Hitler was considered the anti-christ and so was Ronald Reagan.
    Thank you. It offends me to no end when someone dares to invoke that repugnant filth in relation to our government.

I too, have had unbelievable Facebook postings since I dared to comment that I found it a sad day in America when the POTUS can't speak to school children. I had it called "creepy" and "invasive." First of all, I don't give a flying shit WHO the POTUS is, I respect the position if not the person, and if he (and someday she) wants to encourage our kids in school, then so be it. And all the fuss about the evil lesson plan. This feckin idjits don't understand that everything that comes into schools has a lesson plan with it to tie it into the curriculum. Even the Chicago Tribune comes to our school with ideas for learning. It's not uncommon, not a big deal and sometimes teachers use it, sometimes they don't. And that whole letter writing goal setting thing has been around for years. Our students do it every year. It's a cool lesson. Nothing new, certainly nothing evil.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    even when it's a municipal teacher versus the most powerful man on the planet?
    It's not the teachers. They don't have a problem with it. It's the school administration caving to the will of a few whiny ass parents who don't want their children to hear it.

The national head of the PTA is appalled.

I don't have a problem to them changing the wording of the OPTIONAL lesson. It makes more sense to have the kids relate to their own goals. How can kids
    "help the president" -- by getting an education. The wording will make more sense to kids now.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    It's not the teachers. They don't have a problem with it. It's the school administration caving to the will of a few whiny ass parents who don't want their children to hear it.

The national head of the PTA is appalled.

I don't have a problem to them changing the wording of the OPTIONAL lesson. It makes more sense to have the kids relate to their own goals. How can kids
    "help the president" -- by getting an education. The wording will make more sense to kids now.
    Only if their crazy parents/teachers don't continue to twist the wording.

They showed some chick on CNN crying because she was afraid what his speech would do to her children.

There are just no words to describe the stupidity and ignorance of some people.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Texas.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Texas.
    Rick Perry. That explains everything.

Yeah, Perry does understand where the ignorance comes from, since he's the one helping to stoke it. That's his base. Any governor that openly floats the idea of secession is part of the problem.

Perry tries to play it off as a "historic moment" yet, wasn't he the one that encouraged (or, at the very least, remained indifferent towards) Texas' secession during the whole Tea Party craze?

It's all bullshit. It's all political, factionalist bullshit.

eta: yea, kingcap already echoed my sentiments. I love that I live in this little microcosm of liberalism in Austin, but at the same time it's SO FUCKING disenchanting to realize that the pride that comes with being surrounded with open-minded individuals is fucking shattered by these right-wing, fundie-ass idiots in the rest of the state. I'm just so fucking disgusted.

Elite Member

Rick Perry. That explains everything.
    Rick Perry might just be a worse governor of Texas than Bush.

As for Reagan and 666, the house that the Reagans lived at and where Nancy Reagan still resides begins with 668. It was originally 666.

Bel-Air, Los Angeles, California - Everything on Bel-Air, Los Angeles, California (information, latest news, articles,...)

On AC360 I saw this friggin' thirty-ish Repug mom actually breaking into
    tears that "they" (the school) were thinking of "making her kids listen",
    that "now HE is going to come and speak to them, I just don't know
    what to do"

I think at the very least, this type of attitude and behavior on the part
    of those "parents" is teaching them it's okay to disrespect the President.
    I also wonder, if they would act this way if the President were white.
    Seriously. This crazy woman was talking like the Boogieman was coming
    to steal her child from her!!!!!!!
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Doesn't anyone remember Reagan pushing tax cuts to school kids?

While we all know facts haven't a damn thing to do with the manufactured outrage about that Communist Negro in the White House talking to our poor defenseless children, this might put matters into perspective for the rest of us.

From Media Matters:

On November 14, 1988, Reagan addressed and took questions from students from four area middle schools in the Old Executive Office Building. According to press secretary Marvin Fitzwater, the speech was broadcast live and rebroadcast by C-Span, and Instructional Television Network fed the program “t o schools nationwide on three different days.” Much of Reagan’s speech that day covered the American “vision of self-government” and the need “to keep faith with the unfinished vision of the greatness and wonder of America” but in the middle of the speech, the president went off on a tangent about the importance of low taxes:

Today, to a degree never before seen in human history, one nation, the United States, has become the model to be followed and imitated by the rest of the world. But America's world leadership goes well beyond the tide toward democracy. We also find that more countries than ever before are following America's revolutionary economic message of free enterprise, low taxes, and open world trade. These days, whenever I see foreign leaders, they tell me about their plans for reducing taxes, and other economic reforms that they are using, copying what we have done here in our country.

I wonder if they realize that this vision of economic freedom, the freedom to work, to create and produce, to own and use property without the interference of the state, was central to the American Revolution, when the American colonists rebelled against a whole web of economic restrictions, taxes and barriers to free trade. The message at the Boston Tea Party -- have you studied yet in history about the Boston Tea Party, where because of a tax they went down and dumped the tea in the Harbor. Well, that was America's original tax revolt, and it was the fruits of our labor -- it belonged to us and not to the state. And that truth is fundamental to both liberty and prosperity.

Oh. My. God. Now I understand. Reagan indoctrinated all those schoolchildren, and they grew up to be... tea baggers!

During the question-and-answer portion of the event, Reagan returned to the topic, this time telling the students that lowering taxes increases revenue:

Q My name is Cam Fitzie and I'm from St. Agnes School in Alexandria, Virginia. I was wondering if you think that it is possible to decrease the national debt without raising the taxes of the public?

PRESIDENT REAGAN: I do. That's a big argument that's going on in government and I definitely believe it is because one of the principle reasons that we were able to get the economy back on track and create those new jobs and all was we cut the taxes, we reduced them. Because you see, the taxes can be such a penalty on people that there's no incentive for them to prosper and to earn more and so forth because they have to give so much to the government. And what we have found is that at the lower rates the government gets more revenue, there are more people paying taxes because there are more people with jobs and there are more people willing to earn more money because they get to keep a bigger share of it, so today, we're getting more revenue at the lower rates than we were at the higher.

And do you know something? I studied economics in college when I was young and I learned there about a man named Ibn Khaldun, who lived 1200 years ago in Egypt. And 1200 years ago he said, in the beginning of the empire, the rates were low, the tax rates were low, but the revenue was great. He said in the end of empire, when the empire was collapsing, the rates were great and the revenue was low.

The students probably didn’t know any better, but this is an idea that has been rejected by virtually every economist not named Larry Kudlow.

Crooks and Liars
    Last edited by buttmunch; September 5th, 2009 at 07:52 AM.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Elite Member

I called our school yestereday and asked if they were going to show it. They said no, it's not part of the NC course of education. WTF! I came to my son's class at the end of the day last year and they were watching Charlotte's Web and having an ice cream party. But they can't take time to listen to the President? It's damn disrespectful.

I am very worried. Obama has been made irrelevant in 7 months. He better start throwing down next week when Congress gets back or else he is toast in the next election. And I shudder to think what Republican is going to fill his shoes.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information