Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Official: Barack Obama picks Joe Biden for Vice President

I got this from Obama's website. Even some of the Republicans are happy with Biden as VP:

Nebraska Sen. Chuck Hagel: U.S. Senator Chuck Hagel issued the following statement today following Senator Barack Obama's selection of Senator Joe Biden as the presumptive Democratic Vice Presidential nominee: "Joe Biden is the right partner for Barack Obama. His many years of distinguished service to America, his seasoned judgment and his vast experience in foreign policy and national security will match up well with the unique challenges of the 21st Century. An Obama-Biden ticket is a very impressive and strong team. Biden's selection is good news for Obama and America," Hagel said.
    Indiana Sen. Richard Lugar: U.S. Sen. Dick Lugar made the following statement today en route to Tbilisi. "I congratulate Senator Barack Obama on his selection of my friend, Senator Joe Biden, to be his vice-presidential running mate. I have enjoyed for many years the opportunity to work with Joe Biden to bring strong bipartisan support to United States foreign policy…"
    Pennsylvania Sen. Arlen Specter: Pennsylvania's Arlen Specter, a Republican who serves on the Judiciary Committee with Biden and often rides Amtrak with him to Washington, also offered praise. "No one on the Democratic side knows more about foreign policy than Sen. Biden," Specter said. "He's been an articulate spokesman on the subject. He also knows about domestic policy. He's been a leader on crime control."

Anyone Arlen Fucking Specter approves of automatically makes me suspicious.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

I wasn't sure about Biden at first either, but after reading his resume I think he is a great choice. No candidate is perfect, but Biden (minus his gaffes) comes close
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    This had me I think it's kind of weak to call a politician arrogant...it's their JOB to project confidence! As long as they have the intelligence and follow-through to back up that arrogance, that's what I care about.
    Yeah, we've had arrogant and stupid for the past 8 years, and we see how well that's worked for us!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Anyone Arlen Fucking Specter approves of automatically makes me suspicious.
    Thank you. And I think you mean Arlen Fucking Magic Bullet Specter.

Woo!

Now let's see if they can manage to keep his personal life out of this. Trust me, he is not sqeaky clean. He brings the foreign policy to a campaign that was was sorely missing it. I hope it is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Now let's see if they can manage to keep his personal life out of this. Trust me, he is not sqeaky clean. He brings the foreign policy to a campaign that was was sorely missing it. I hope it is enough.
    Can you tell me what he has done in his personal life that anyone could bring up against him?
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I'm all for Biden as VP. At first, I wasn't sure but the more I found out about Biden I realized he was the best choice. He shores Obama up in ALL of his weak areas. He brings Washington/foreign policy experience, he's got strong support among white blue-collar voters, and he has no problem going on the attack.

And the best part is, Hillary can't try to make the case that she has more experience that Biden, since he's got more experience than Obama and Hillary combined.
    Obama has WEAK AREAS? Gasp! Seriously though, you need to worry more about McCain and less about Hillary. Obama will sink or swim on his own merits now. But, if he loses in November, I'm sure you will find some way to make it all Hillary's fault.

No, because nothing is Hillarie's fault, ever. Not her shitty campaign, not her loss. It's allllll sexism and obama's fault.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information