Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Official Barack Obama 30-minute advert thread

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Why is what Cupcake first said so absurd? I think the only reason it has gotten the responses it did was because it was Cupcake who posted it.
    I guess besides the obvious reasons, plenty of people have church on days other Sunday, just like some people work in the evenings or have other shit planned. Obama can't accommodate everyone, he ran his ad on Wednesday night when the majority of people don't have church and don't have work. If he ran it on Thursday night then someone else would be bitching because they had work or they go to church every fucking night of the week. Boo-hoo.

Some people should STFU and get a Tivo or VCR or the internet so they can watch the ad on Youtube.

You can't please them all, and some of them bitch no matter what!!!!!!

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Right DD, most of the people I know don't have church Wednesday night. I think it was her tone that she just assumed everyone would know that most people have church Wednesday night. Well that is absurd.

Grimm is right, I wouldn't have to talk about being an atheist if the fundies weren't so outspoken. I never used to mention it to anyone. The same as Gay rights. People who are Gay wouldn't have to "shove it in our faces" as they claim, if they had the equal rights they deserve in the first place. They would be like everyone else and carry on with their life.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

The major networks may just wish Barack Obama took up more airtime after taking a look at the ratings for the Democratic presidential candidate's 30-minute infomercial Wednesday night.

According to preliminary ratings numbers from the networks, more than 26 million people watched the program on CBS, NBC or Fox. That's 3 million more than usually watch those networks at that hour, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Averaging in the cable networks that also carried the event, about 30 million people in all saw the long-form campaign ad.

The ad was most watched on NBC, where nearly 10 million viewers tuned in. More than 8.5 million watched on CBS while just under 8 million viewed the program on Fox. On average, about 7 million people usually tune into each network at that hour.

Overall, according to Nielsen, for the six networks that aired the infomercial simultaneously, it scored a household rating of nearly 22 percent — meaning 22 percent of all households watching television at that hour tuned into the spot. That compares to the 38.3 household rating the last presidential debate scored.

Obama's combined audience beat the highest rated television show last week: CBS' CSI drew about 20 million viewers. It also drew more than double the viewers the average World Series game this year did.

But even if viewers didn't catch the spot when it first aired, clips of the program have repeatedly been broadcast across the cable news chanels Thursday, maximizing the Illinois senator's exposure in the crucial remaining days before Election Day.

"The strategic brilliance of this for Obama is that he is going to consume about 24 hours of the news cycle," Evan Tracey of Campaign Media Analysis Group said. "It boxes [John] McCain in, takes the oxygen out of the room."

It's unclear exactly how much the Obama campaign spent on the commercial in total, but estimates put the cost at least $3.5 million.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time - Blogs from CNN.com

Wow! That's awesome. I guess he was right and it was a good way to get the word out. Now if only that 26 million will get off the couch and vote.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I missed it on TV but I watched it on YouTube.. I felt like if he was going to put in highlights of real American people he should have finished it out more... I heard their stories and, I'll admit, cried a little.. especially when that family went to eat dinner and the dad was clutching his wallet so tightly and when the elderly couple said goodbye when the husband went off to Walmart. It was touching.. and REAL.. none of this sugarcoating the real, daily struggles many people face... but it just left me hanging there.. But I guess that was the point.. if we don't elect a good, sincere President who's willing to fight for them then we'll never get a 'happy ending'

I was sad that it was shown on a Wednesday night at 8pm. That is when I take my be a liberal big mouthed bitch classes. Everyone knows that those classes are always on Wednesday nights!

only 3 mil? jesus he got a hell of a deal
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I was sad that it was shown on a Wednesday night at 8pm. That is when I take my be a liberal big mouthed bitch classes. Everyone knows that those classes are always on Wednesday nights!

My tears started flowing from 25 minutes into it on to the end.
    In the beginning it was all too infomercial like and I got distracted
    by his flapping hands (he's gotta learn to control that lol).
    But it had a big finish in the last minutes.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

yeah, I noticed the hands too. I wanted to take his hands and hold them still. Course I just wanted to take his hands and hold them

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    My tears started flowing from 25 minutes into it on to the end.
    In the beginning it was all too infomercial like and I got distracted
    by his flapping hands (he's gotta learn to control that lol).
    But it had a big finish in the last minutes.
    Finally SNL has something about Obama to make fun of.

Elite Member

I got DH to watch this last night by giving him a massage the entire time. He's one of the "undecided" voters. I think some of it hit home with him.

I think they could've cut out one of the people's stories and gone into greater detail about some things. He didn't mention how he wants to make the government employee health plan available to anyone who wants to buy health insurance at group rates. And he didn't mention that he would help pay for it by requiring large companies who don't insure their employees to contribute a percentage of their payroll to the government pool. I also thought he could have gone into greater detail and emphasis on energy independence and its importance.

^^ You gotta let us know how he votes in the end. I think you said before he was pro-Mccain, right?

Now he's undecided... don't let him go to the dark side! hahaha

Elite Member

No, he's always been undecided this election but he thinks McCain has the most experience, blah, blah...He thinks Obama is slick and talks a good game but wonders if he can really follow through.

I've said before that DH is satisfied with his own life under the Bush admin. even though I've pointed out how we could be better off because we haven't made any headway.

I'm using my femine wiles to convince him

^^ Put on your sexiest lingerie and when you've got him to the point of No Return, make him promise he's voting O.

LOL

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information