Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Official Barack Obama 30-minute advert thread

My understanding was that this infomercial was for people who haven't been following the election or watch CNN or FOX or read the internet articles about the campaign. It was meant to introduce this demographic to him and tell them what he stood for and why he was running for president. IMO it was successful if that was the campaign's agenda. I'm sure Johnny McLame had a different point of view completely - WHAT a surprise he decided to do Larry King the same night as the show, NOT! Of course he refuted everything that Obama said, but interestingly Larry King called him out on many of the inaccurate statements McLame gave during the interview.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i still want to know what people are doing at church on wednesday night.
    Reinforcing the fundie mentality which leads to oppression and hatred.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    I thought Sunday is when most people went to church. Trust me when I say, most people only go once per week and it is Sunday. The only ones I know who go to church every day of the week are the uber-fundies.

Hey now, I used to go to bible study on Wednesday evenings. It was great the discussions we would have; our high school bible study was crazier than any political GR thread.
    Then there was the Friday night after a football game we would have activities at the church and I played ping pong with the pastor while on acid and my friend and I froze the jello for the jello eating contest... good times had at that church (the pastor did not know I was tripping).

It was a really great group of people getting together.

Seriously, y'all are being kind of shitty.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    On a shallow note: He looks really good!
    Yes. Yes, he did.

I liked the end when it panned to him live. That was pretty cool.

Religion is fair game, like anything else
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

I find it silly that she even asked why it was on a Wednesday night "when most people are in church". Be serious, she knows "most" normal people aren't in church Wednesday night.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Yeah but it's being turned into anyone who goes to church on Wednesday evening is a hate filled fundie. Religion is definitely fair game; it's just funny how people can get really shitty and make gross generalizations because of their disagreement and distaste for someone's opinion.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

My daughter asked if I was hormonal since I keep getting teary eyed about Obama. I explained that I suspected I was pregnant with her in Jan 93 while drove to Bill Clinton's inauguration. I was filled with such hope for our country. Now I feel that way again for the first time in 15 years. I am so excited that we have tickets for the Inauguration on 1/20/09 so my daughter will get experience this too. I am praying it is the right person inaugurated that day. I am also praying we find a hotel room so we don't have to drive done early that morning!

Book one now, you can always cancel Nov. 5th..........but you won't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    My daughter asked if I was hormonal since I keep getting teary eyed about Obama. I explained that I suspected I was pregnant with her in Jan 93 while drove to Bill Clinton's inauguration. I was filled with such hope for our country. Now I feel that way again for the first time in 15 years. I am so excited that we have tickets for the Inauguration on 1/20/09 so my daughter will get experience this too. I am praying it is the right person inaugurated that day. I am also praying we find a hotel room so we don't have to drive done early that morning!
    That is just SO exciting. I am glad your daughter will get to experience it. Either way, she will see history in the making.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Yeah but it's being turned into anyone who goes to church on Wednesday evening is a hate filled fundie. Religion is definitely fair game; it's just funny how people can get really shitty and make gross generalizations because of their disagreement and distaste for someone's opinion.
    What is sad that Elizabeth Doles opponent has to defend her own belief in God. I would never be able to run because I don't believe, so everyone who is feeling we bash the fundies, too bad. The day when I can proudly announce I am an atheist at my job as a elementary librairan, or run for public office with any chance of winning, then I'll stop feeling sorry for bashing. It is like the white people complaining of discrimination. You still hold all the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    Book one now, you can always cancel Nov. 5th..........but you won't have to.

I have been trying to book a room for a few months now. Everything within about 30 minutes of DC is booked. They told me to call back on 11/5 since they expect people to cancel if their candidate does not win. We are going no matter who wins since it is an important part of our democratic process and I want my daughter to experience this. I normally stay in Crystal City Virginia (DoubleTree) and am hoping to get a room in that area again. Worst case is that we drive down that morning. It's not a bad drive from Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by Str8_uncut-jock View Post
    So McCain just ran an ad in my city as a follow-up to the Obama show...the new republican slogan is "Obama is not ready...yet" They are now trying to convince people that Obama needs more time to get ready and are implying that he is young and still has other times he can run for president. I took this to mean that if McCain doesn't win now, he will never have another chance. I think it's hilarious. And sad.

I got the "Obama will take away your guns" ads every commercial break for the next 2 hours.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    That is just SO exciting. I am glad your daughter will get to experience it. Either way, she will see history in the making.
    She may also see her mother get arrested if I see Palin wink while McCain takes the oath of office.

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    What is sad that Elizabeth Doles opponent has to defend her own belief in God. I would never be able to run because I don't believe, so everyone who is feeling we bash the fundies, too bad. The day when I can proudly announce I am an atheist at my job as a elementary librairan, or run for public office with any chance of winning, then I'll stop feeling sorry for bashing. It is like the white people complaining of discrimination. You still hold all the cards.
    word.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information