Page 111 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1696

Thread: The official 2008 American Election thread

  1. #1651
    Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    you already know.
    Posts
    44,442

    Default

    ^ ewww stop it! no more jesse he's ruining our moment!

  2. #1652
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default




    I like that.

  3. #1653
    Elite Member *DIVA!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    ^ ewww stop it! no more jesse he's ruining our moment!
    Regardless of all that Jesse Jackson stands for now, he was apart of the Civil Rights movement. He was also there when King was killed. This means something to him, and I really do believe his tears and emotions were sincere.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

    I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

  4. #1654
    Elite Member RevellingInSane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Where Being PC is understood as a fault!
    Posts
    11,592

    Default

    Bychance and celeb_2006 have been booked on a flight to Juneau. Don't worry about clothing, Palin will find a way to skim money to buy them on the taxpayer's dime.

    Speaking of Palin, you will be her PA's and live with her, Todd, Trig, Willow, Backhoe, John Deere, Remington, Timberland, 12-gauge, and the rest of her family in the governor's mansion.

    One more Jesse pic and I will see to it that Todd requires "special services" from you!




  5. #1655
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    If we're going to post Jesse pics make them funny.


  6. #1656
    Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    you already know.
    Posts
    44,442

    Default

    ^


    i wish MLK was here today, its bittersweet for sure. if all those who fought for this could only know.

    i started crying on the damn elipitical at the gym last nite watching larry king and magic johnson and everyone talking about it, it was embarrassing. i think the guy next to me was sniffling too!

  7. #1657
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,100

    Default

    I loathe Jesse Jackson. He is such a divisive, hateful race baiter. He never gained much support outside of the black community when he ran for President because he positioned himself as a black politician (calling for reparations, etc.). Whereas Obama positioned himself as a politician for everyone (who happened to be 1/2 black), which is why he won the support of people of other races. Just listen to their messages. Jackson speaks of division and constantly wants to bring up old wounds from the past whereas Obama speaks of unity and building a better future.

  8. #1658
    Elite Member McJag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    42,527

    Default

    Andrew Young was on NBC with his sons discussing this very issue. He said Obama lacks the baggage he & Jackson and others carry. He is just enough younger to not let it drive him. He was inclusive. Andrew also said he was so proud,that he had underestimated white people and people of all other colors-they looked past the superficial into the man.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

  9. #1659
    Elite Member celeb_2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by purple rain View Post
    I loathe Jesse Jackson. He is such a divisive, hateful race baiter. He never gained much support outside of the black community when he ran for President because he positioned himself as a black politician (calling for reparations, etc.). Whereas Obama positioned himself as a politician for everyone (who happened to be 1/2 black), which is why he won the support of people of other races. Just listen to their messages. Jackson speaks of division and constantly wants to bring up old wounds from the past whereas Obama speaks of unity and building a better future.
    I totally agree, that's why Jesse never really liked Obama save for the attention the media gave him by being associated with him. Just listen to Obama's acceptance speech, his opening lines just give you goosebumps. That's nothing but pure hope and unity there, no color lines or hate.

  10. #1660
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by purple rain View Post
    I loathe Jesse Jackson. He is such a divisive, hateful race baiter. He never gained much support outside of the black community when he ran for President because he positioned himself as a black politician (calling for reparations, etc.). Whereas Obama positioned himself as a politician for everyone (who happened to be 1/2 black), which is why he won the support of people of other races. Just listen to their messages. Jackson speaks of division and constantly wants to bring up old wounds from the past whereas Obama speaks of unity and building a better future.
    Agree with everything you said. Plus, Jesse's a hypocrite who hides behind being an alleged man of God.

  11. #1661
    Elite Member celeb_2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    This was an interesting read:
    Very amazing. In regards to him being defeated in the primary in 2000, wasn't there some controversy or discussion not that long ago about whether Obama was in fact "Black" enough by the Black community? Some of it seemed to be because his father was from Kenya and not someone that was in America for generations.

    Last edited by Tati; November 7th, 2008 at 12:31 PM.

  12. #1662
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    Very amazing. In regards to him being defeated in the primary in 2000, wasn't there some controversy or discussion not that long ago about whether Obama was in fact "Black" enough by the Black community? Some of it seemed to be because his father was from Kenya and not someone that was in America for generations.
    Yeah, controversy that Jesse Jackson and Robert Johnson of BET tried to stir up since they were backing Hillary. But it didn't gain any traction in the Black community. The fact that Obama's father was African was a huge plus for Obama among all the black people I know.

  13. #1663
    Elite Member McJag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    42,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Yeah, controversy that Jesse Jackson and Robert Johnson of BET tried to stir up since they were backing Hillary. But it didn't gain any traction in the Black community. The fact that Obama's father was African was a huge plus for Obama among all the black people I know.
    Was that the-um-nut controversy?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

  14. #1664
    Elite Member bychance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,294

    Default

    Remember when (and still do) everyone kept on insisting that Oprah only endorsed Obama because he was black? You know if she endorsed Hillary everyone would say it was because she was a woman. And no way can/will Oprah endorse a Republican candidate, lol.

    The fools that run SodaHead have an official poll that says Oprah Winfrey in being considered to be in Obama's cabinet (bullshit). WTF? And of course everyone believes it without a even source stated. I swear, why do I really keep going there?

  15. #1665
    Elite Member RevellingInSane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Where Being PC is understood as a fault!
    Posts
    11,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    Remember when (and still do) everyone kept on insisting that Oprah only endorsed Obama because he was black? You know if she endorsed Hillary everyone would say it was because she was a woman. And no way can/will Oprah endorse a Republican candidate, lol.

    The fools that run SodaHead have an official poll that says Oprah Winfrey in being considered to be in Obama's cabinet (bullshit). WTF? And of course everyone believes it without a even source stated. I swear, why do I really keep going there?
    BC, there are always going to be people who think everyone voted for a black man and not a man who more fully embodied what this country wants, while the opponent embodied what has brought this country to the brink of disaster.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The Official AFL Thread
    By A*O in forum Sports
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: November 26th, 2007, 06:30 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: November 13th, 2006, 11:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •