Page 111 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1696

Thread: The official 2008 American Election thread

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ ewww stop it! no more jesse he's ruining our moment!

I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    ^ ewww stop it! no more jesse he's ruining our moment!
    Regardless of all that Jesse Jackson stands for now, he was apart of the Civil Rights movement. He was also there when King was killed. This means something to him, and I really do believe his tears and emotions were sincere.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Bychance and celeb_2006 have been booked on a flight to Juneau. Don't worry about clothing, Palin will find a way to skim money to buy them on the taxpayer's dime.

Speaking of Palin, you will be her PA's and live with her, Todd, Trig, Willow, Backhoe, John Deere, Remington, Timberland, 12-gauge, and the rest of her family in the governor's mansion.

One more Jesse pic and I will see to it that Todd requires "special services" from you!

If we're going to post Jesse pics make them funny.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^

i wish MLK was here today, its bittersweet for sure. if all those who fought for this could only know.

i started crying on the damn elipitical at the gym last nite watching larry king and magic johnson and everyone talking about it, it was embarrassing. i think the guy next to me was sniffling too!

Gold Member

I loathe Jesse Jackson. He is such a divisive, hateful race baiter. He never gained much support outside of the black community when he ran for President because he positioned himself as a black politician (calling for reparations, etc.). Whereas Obama positioned himself as a politician for everyone (who happened to be 1/2 black), which is why he won the support of people of other races. Just listen to their messages. Jackson speaks of division and constantly wants to bring up old wounds from the past whereas Obama speaks of unity and building a better future.

Andrew Young was on NBC with his sons discussing this very issue. He said Obama lacks the baggage he & Jackson and others carry. He is just enough younger to not let it drive him. He was inclusive. Andrew also said he was so proud,that he had underestimated white people and people of all other colors-they looked past the superficial into the man.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by purple rain View Post
    I loathe Jesse Jackson. He is such a divisive, hateful race baiter. He never gained much support outside of the black community when he ran for President because he positioned himself as a black politician (calling for reparations, etc.). Whereas Obama positioned himself as a politician for everyone (who happened to be 1/2 black), which is why he won the support of people of other races. Just listen to their messages. Jackson speaks of division and constantly wants to bring up old wounds from the past whereas Obama speaks of unity and building a better future.
    I totally agree, that's why Jesse never really liked Obama save for the attention the media gave him by being associated with him. Just listen to Obama's acceptance speech, his opening lines just give you goosebumps. That's nothing but pure hope and unity there, no color lines or hate.

Quote Originally Posted by purple rain View Post
    Agree with everything you said. Plus, Jesse's a hypocrite who hides behind being an alleged man of God.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    This was an interesting read:
    Very amazing. In regards to him being defeated in the primary in 2000, wasn't there some controversy or discussion not that long ago about whether Obama was in fact "Black" enough by the Black community? Some of it seemed to be because his father was from Kenya and not someone that was in America for generations.

Last edited by Tati; November 7th, 2008 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    Very amazing. In regards to him being defeated in the primary in 2000, wasn't there some controversy or discussion not that long ago about whether Obama was in fact "Black" enough by the Black community? Some of it seemed to be because his father was from Kenya and not someone that was in America for generations.
    Yeah, controversy that Jesse Jackson and Robert Johnson of BET tried to stir up since they were backing Hillary. But it didn't gain any traction in the Black community. The fact that Obama's father was African was a huge plus for Obama among all the black people I know.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Yeah, controversy that Jesse Jackson and Robert Johnson of BET tried to stir up since they were backing Hillary. But it didn't gain any traction in the Black community. The fact that Obama's father was African was a huge plus for Obama among all the black people I know.
    Was that the-um-nut controversy?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Remember when (and still do) everyone kept on insisting that Oprah only endorsed Obama because he was black? You know if she endorsed Hillary everyone would say it was because she was a woman. And no way can/will Oprah endorse a Republican candidate, lol.

The fools that run SodaHead have an official poll that says Oprah Winfrey in being considered to be in Obama's cabinet (bullshit). WTF? And of course everyone believes it without a even source stated. I swear, why do I really keep going there?

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    Remember when (and still do) everyone kept on insisting that Oprah only endorsed Obama because he was black? You know if she endorsed Hillary everyone would say it was because she was a woman. And no way can/will Oprah endorse a Republican candidate, lol.

The fools that run SodaHead have an official poll that says Oprah Winfrey in being considered to be in Obama's cabinet (bullshit). WTF? And of course everyone believes it without a even source stated. I swear, why do I really keep going there?
    BC, there are always going to be people who think everyone voted for a black man and not a man who more fully embodied what this country wants, while the opponent embodied what has brought this country to the brink of disaster.

Thread Information