Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Obama: Withraw from Afghanistan? Never.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    Obama is certainly better than W...but is the bar really set that low? As for being better than Clinton...Which part of peace and prosperity for 8 years did you not like?
    The reason why we had 8 years of peace and prosperity under Clinton was because we didn't have a 9/11 attack. And Clinton started some of the deregulation that led us to the current economic mess we're in.

I voted for Clinton twice, and consider him a damn good president. But Clinton didn't have to worry about two wars, a massive recession, record levels of unemployment, and a floundering housing market/auto industry.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    The reason why we had 8 years of peace and prosperity under Clinton was because we didn't have a 9/11 attack. And Clinton started some of the deregulation that led us to the current economic mess we're in.

I voted for Clinton twice, and consider him a damn good president. But Clinton didn't have to worry about two wars, a massive recession, record levels of unemployment, and a floundering housing market/auto industry.
    Agree. You couldn't pay me enough money to do Obama's job right now.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Yes, instead lets invade every other country and have multiple wars going on at the same time.

Do you actually think the wars the US fights are for "Freedom" and "democracy" and all that other bullshit? LOL
    I didn't say we should invade countries willy nilly. But we're already in Afghanistan, and the Taliban are supporters of the folk that are responsible for 9-11.

My point is that foreign policy isn't simple. The simple solutions of "let's invade other countries" and "let's ignore the rest of the world" are both stupid. We have to engage the world, and that is what Obama is doing.

Obama is certainly better than W...but is the bar really set that low? As for being better than Clinton...Which part of peace and prosperity for 8 years did you not like?
    I liked Clinton, but he had his faults. Obama has done the things that Clinton has done. In addition, as far as we know, has kept his zipper closed and has managed to generate more respect for all across the world than even Clinton did.

I like Clinton's economic record, and I really don't see much difference between Obama and Clinton handle economics. The difference between Clinton and Obama is that the Bush II economy Obama inherited was far worse than the Bush I economy that Clinton inherited.

Yep. I agree.

Poor Obama, doesn't have a clue.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy View Post
    ^^^There's always bias when it comes to opinions on matters of how to handle conflict.
    Lies are not bias. Lies are lies. NewsMax blatantly lies.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post

WJC came in on the heels of the last Bush recession. Here's where BHO needs to take a page...'It's the economy, Stupid'. Instead of dicking around with healthcare and Afganistan....get our financial house in order. Stop the freefall. Institute caps on interest rates for credit cards. Regulate dirivitives and predatory lending. Cap the compensation and the amount of profit that can be taken in the banking/wall street sector (not to mention health insurance companies). 99% of the income in any of the last 8 years was taken by less than 1% of the population of our country. That's profoundly wrong. It appears to be not the first thing on his agenda. You can sign up for a war later, Mr President. People will put up with a lot when they are gainfully employed and can put dinner on the table and have some left over for spending.

Elite Member

It's the economy, Stupid'. Instead of dicking around with healthcare and Afganistan....get our financial house in order. Stop the freefall. Institute caps on interest rates for credit cards.
    He's doing that. He's stopped the free fall. The economy is in much better shape than it was this spring, and largely because of the stimulus package and other things the admin. and the Fed have done. We've passed a credit card bill. We've passed a stimulus package.

Elite Member

You wuldn't agree that Obama has been focusing almost exclusively on the Health Care issue for the last 4-5 months? I think people would have been a lot more receptive if he had been seen to concentrate on the financial crisis more and approached health care next year. I dont know where you live VIsitor, but I live in NYC area. In the last year, I have had my father lose his furniture business and his house. My sister has lost her restaurant and is in forclosure on her house, and my BIL just last week lost his job at Starwood. Things are not looking that rosy in my neck of the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    WJC came in on the heels of the last Bush recession. Here's where BHO needs to take a page...'It's the economy, Stupid'. Instead of dicking around with healthcare and Afganistan....get our financial house in order. Stop the freefall. Institute caps on interest rates for credit cards. Regulate dirivitives and predatory lending. Cap the compensation and the amount of profit that can be taken in the banking/wall street sector (not to mention health insurance companies). 99% of the income in any of the last 8 years was taken by less than 1% of the population of our country. That's profoundly wrong. It appears to be not the first thing on his agenda. You can sign up for a war later, Mr President. People will put up with a lot when they are gainfully employed and can put dinner on the table and have some left over for spending.
    Clinton came in on the heels of the last Bush recession, which wasn't as deep as the Dubya recession that Obama came in with. This recession is the worst since the Depression, so it's much worse than the one Clinton had to deal with. And Clinton didn't have to deal with a credit crisis, housing market and auto industry all melting down at the same time.

And it doesn't change the fact that Clinton began some of the deregulation that led us to this current economic crisis. And what's with the 'you can sign up for war later, Mr. President.' Are you trying to say that Obama had a choice with the wars? A president can't wait to sign up for a war, let alone two of them, when the wars are sitting on his desk on day one.

We had the peace and prosperity under Clinton because Bush didn't leave Clinton the kind of mess to clean up that Dubya left Obama.

Elite Member

Just saying that it would behoove Mr Obama to get the financial house in order before he starts playing around with health care, Afganistan, etc. Let's take care of our own country and the many millions who are suffering in this economic meltdown before dealing with 'optional' issues, you know?

Yeah, you're right, Scooter. He's not doing anything about the economy. That's why President Obama got a stimulus bill passed, gave the middle class a tax break, and plans to roll back the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy. Now, what he needs to do is put some strong regulation in place and break up the companies that are deemed too big to fail.

And out of control health care costs are impacting the economy, too.

And if the wars and healthcare weren't important enough to deal with now, then why did Obama and Hillary campaign/debate on them during the primaries? And why did Obama and McCain debate/campaign on them during the general election? With multiple crisises currently going on, no president has the luxury to say I'll address one and let the rest wait.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information