Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama picks anti-gay Prop 8 pusher for invocation at inauguration - gays apoplectic

Great choice, Obama.

I don't like this decision. I dont like the man he picked. This doesn't mean I'm through with the man, but this better be the last major fuck up he makes.

The last? He hasn't even got in office yet. I am sorry, but there will be far more than this.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    The last? He hasn't even got in office yet. I am sorry, but there will be far more than this.
    Welcome to reality, folks. Disneyland is temporarily closed for the season, lol. What does he really care at this point? What are all you libs going to do 4 years from now, vote for a right winger or stay home altogether so you can get a James Dobson wannabe in office?
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Uh, the Fred Phelps line was a sarcastic joke.

And what Clinton did was absolutely no different and just as wrong. And some of us were angry back in those days about it as well. Some of us are old and didn't just get politically aware in this election.

The main difference is Clinton wasn't subject to the quick outcry and response that the internet and grassroots politcs now brings. It wasn't running on the same level during Clinton's presidential tenure as it is now.

And to say Obama could not avoid this no matter who he picked is wrong. How about the head of the Episcopalian church- which has long recognized that gays are entitled to all civil rights.

There are a lot of tolerant religious figures, and since this man was not Obama's personal pastor, there really was no sentimental reason to have him there. They could have found someone else. easily.
    Well, if that's suppose to be a shot at me, I didn't just become politically aware this election, either. I'm not some 21-year-old who just voted in their first election. I've been politically aware since the late 80's, before I could even vote.

And what I said was, that it would be hard for Obama to avoid this with any high-profile religious figure that was picked.

I think the Warren choice is a dumb move, but from a political standpoint it makes sense. Like I said before, he's tossing a bone to the conservatives.

Yeah, and that bone is gays.

Really? Pretty sure the gays are tired of being kicked around like a fucking football to benefit either side.

Again, why is it that anti-gay freaks are to be 'included' because they have a 'valid' viewpoint, but racists, anti-semites and all the rest are, 'naturally' denounced?

Is anybody going to answer that and tell me the "smart" reason behind it?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I'm trying to figure out why people keep saying that Obama is throwing gays under the bus by having Warren at the inauguration.
    For months, Obama's made it crystal clear that he doesn't believe in gay marriages. He fully supports gay rights and civil unions, but he was against Prop 8 and he's against any Constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage.

True, picking Warren was a dumb move, since Prop 8 was such a controversial issue. But Obama is going to have to make some concessions in the short term, that people won't agree with, to politically get bigger things done for the long term. That's politics.

And what gays are feeling is the same thing that blacks have gone through for decades with various politicians. You support a politician who you think will look out for your agenda/rights and then they don't live up to the promises. It's no fun feeling that you're being kicked around like a political football, but you just have to keep up the fight.

As for why racists are denounced and the anti-gay freaks are seen as having a 'valid' viewpoint is because homophobia is seen as more politically 'acceptable' than 'racism.' Which is why you had ballot intiatives like Prop 8 to begin with. Fucked up, but true.

Well if he wants to make some consessions, have some racist shitbag up there to appeal to the rednecks and morons.

Oh but that'll never happen..

God, i want to kick his ass around the block.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Well, if that's suppose to be a shot at me, I didn't just become politically aware this election, either. I'm not some 21-year-old who just voted in their first election. I've been politically aware since the late 80's, before I could even vote.

And what I said was, that it would be hard for Obama to avoid this with any high-profile religious figure that was picked.

I think the Warren choice is a dumb move, but from a political standpoint it makes sense. Like I said before, he's tossing a bone to the conservatives.
    No, that's not supposed to be a shot at you, because the entire quote is :

And what Clinton did was absolutely no different and just as wrong. And some of us were angry back in those days about it as well. Some of us are old and didn't just get politically aware in this election.

My point being that those of us old enough were angry at Clinton the same way we're angry now. We don't hold Obama to a different set of standards than we held Clinton.

It's not all about you babe
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Yeah, and that bone is gays.

Really? Pretty sure the gays are tired of being kicked around like a fucking football to benefit either side.

Again, why is it that anti-gay freaks are to be 'included' because they have a 'valid' viewpoint, but racists, anti-semites and all the rest are, 'naturally' denounced?

Is anybody going to answer that and tell me the "smart" reason behind it?
    The reason is that many, many people of all races and socioeconomic backgrounds and religions continue to believe that homosexuality is a sin. Rather, they believe that the behavior is a sin. They don't care if you feel love for another man as long as you don't touch his pee pee.

As a woman, I share your frustrations Grimm. How often do you hear open-minded people who decry racism or anti-semitism with all their might turn around and say they think men should be the head of the household and that women shouldn't be preachers or presidents? It's all because of religion. Many of the world's dominant religions value women less than men and promote our inherent inferiority as part of their doctrine. Sure, some are progressive enough to agree we should be able to vote and bring in a paycheck (funny our money is always welcome as long as we don't outearn our men) but draw the line at issues of true equality like flying fighter jets or holding the highest position in the world. Sexism and homophobia are first cousins and you can thank organized religion and it's dogma for why so many people (even women!) think that way and don't feel they can even question what they've been told all their lives.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I'm sure the magic sky fairy and his reanimated zombie hebrew son really give a crap which hole one species of half evolved ape on a third rate world in a tiny galaxy sticks a part of itself into in another.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Well if he wants to make some consessions, have some racist shitbag up there to appeal to the rednecks and morons.

Oh but that'll never happen..

God, i want to kick his ass around the block.
    Just throw your shoes at his head, and see if he's got good reflexes like Bush. It's not like the Secret Service will mind.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    No, that's not supposed to be a shot at you, because the entire quote is :

My point being that those of us old enough were angry at Clinton the same way we're angry now. We don't hold Obama to a different set of standards than we held Clinton.

It's not all about you babe
    I was waiting for you to try this tactic again. But I'm not taking the bait. Nice try, though.

actually, right now it's all about ME.

Aight?

I'm the pissy one!

I demand placation! *stamps foot*

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Settle down Grimm. I was very disapointed with Rick Warren, but mostly because I would have preferred someone from a "real" denomination. These fakey Christian churches bug me and I think they are all baloney. I'm also an atheist and hate the involement of any church in our politics. why have an invocation at all?
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Placation for Grim.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I was waiting for you to try this tactic again. But I'm not taking the bait. Nice try, though.
    Yes, the incredibly sneaky tactic of showing my entire original quote

Cheers.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information