Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Obama picks anti-gay Prop 8 pusher for invocation at inauguration - gays apoplectic

That might be true. But considering that a liberal state like California passed Prop 8, it's still a big assumption to think that Republicans will back repealing the ban on gays in the military. It doesn't benefit Republicans financially to support that.

Oddly, finances have nothing to do with that decision one way or another. I mean, gays being or not being in the military.. what possible financial incentive is there one way or another?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Exactly. That's why I don't agree with the idea that Republicans will vote their wallets instead of their Bibles. Because there's no financial upside or downside to it.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Wasn't there talk that Obama was going to pick an openly gay person for the Secretary of the Navy?
    Yes, that rumor came up this past week. Obama hasn't picked anyone for that post yet.

do I think its a poor choice? yes. But its just an invocation. Its not like he's inviting him into his cabinet.

It's the gay equivalent of inviting a neo nazi up there to give a prayer. That's what it's like. That's what it represents. He is legimitizing this guy's prejudice. He's giving him a national stage to promote his bigotry. That's why it's a big deal.

He's also a mysogenist, anti-choice, and told jews they're going to hell. Point blank.

This is "inclusive" ?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Monday, Dec. 22, 2008 10:39 EST
    Melissa Etheridge meets Rick Warren

Not everyone is that upset about the choice of Rick Warren to deliver the invocation at President-elect Barack Obama's inauguration. Melissa Etheridge, a longtime advocate for gay rights who is herself a lesbian, recently spoke with Warren, and -- judging from a blog post about the conversation written by Etheridge's wife -- she seems ready to forgive and forget.

An excerpt from Tammy Lynn Michaels' post, which I've left un-edited:
    so honey met rick warren last night. well, she spoke to him on the phone beforehand, giving us insight into the man the media has made our latest "HE HATES YOU!" target. if i sit real still and think about it.. it's almost like reverse smear-the-queer... at times, it seems that the media presents us with target after target to smear, as if to say to us, "THIS IS THE GUY HOLDING YOU BACK!! GO GIT 'IM!!!" and it does seem that my lovely gay family is so bruised and bettered and ready to fight back (myself included), that we attack and deem someone ANTI-GAY, and ready to SMEAR, simply when they don't want the word "marriage" brought into our gay ceremonies. now, if the person doesn't want gays AT ALL, then i'm gonna chase that one down. but, i'm starting to think that there are indeed some people... some well-meaning and loving people... who are not at all ANTI-GAY, that's not why they don't want the word marriage used... they are merely RELIGIOUS. and for religious (archaic) reasons, they want to stay safe and respectful to WHAT THEY'VE BEEN TAUGHT.

let me try to differentiate the two.

let's say i am wearing a baseball cap. now what if i want to call it a yamaka? you know- it's basically the same thing, but one is missing the sun visor. i don't call my caps yamakas... cuz that is a religious name for a hat that is worn by religious people. now if i apply that thinking to this situation.... i would like to think of it as.... if they afford us the EXACT SAME RIGHTS, then who cares what it's called? ... joel and hanna can have a piece of paper with the word MARRIAGE on it, and all 1200 rights... and i can have a piece of paper with who-cares on it, and all 1200 rights. the word marriage is a religious, holy, word that people who go to church on sundays are told belongs to them. like yamaka, menorah, or matzo.

rick is not a televangelist. rick is not falwell. rick spoke of some "stupid" things he's said (his word, not mine), some missquotes that were given, and lots of ammunition from the media. all excellent points. (we're all war-minded right now, you know. it's easy for the media to distract us by throwing us into our own verbal wars here at home.) ) what to do, what to do.... the rest of the public is given an animation of rick warren... and then my wife meets the man behind the projections, the quotes, the "OTHER SIDE". and he is warm, caring, effusive, and LOVES gays. since he nearly swallowed honey when he hugged her, i tend to believe him. he wants our gay marriages to be just as respected and embraced as the straight marriages. he just wants to wear his yamaka, and me wear my hat.
    ― Alex Koppelman

Melissa Etheridge meets Rick Warren - War Room - Salon.com

This is the guy who was a major player in pushing Prop 8. He equates homosexuality with incest and pedophilia. They have him ON VIDEO SAYING THESE THINGS.

Wtf is she smoking? His stupid website for his (snicker) Saddleback Church says 'unrepentant gays' (ie ones who won't be 'cured') aren't welcome in his congregation. The media also needs to shut up about how he's a friend of he gays because he helps AIDS sufferers in Africa.. 99% of the people suffering from AIDS in africa are heterosexual, buddy. They're the 'innocent' victims, according to him which means gay victims are the "guilty" ones.

Seriously, this bitch needs to go to the back of the bus and sit down because she's a tard.

Separate is not equal. Marriage is NOT a religious word. God i want to slap her stupid dyke mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    This is the guy who was a major player in pushing Prop 8. He equates homosexuality with incest and pedophilia. They have him ON VIDEO SAYING THESE THINGS.

Wtf is she smoking? His stupid website for his (snicker) Saddleback Church says 'unrepentant gays' (ie ones who won't be 'cured') aren't welcome in his congregation. The media also needs to shut up about how he's a friend of he gays because he helps AIDS sufferers in Africa.. 99% of the people suffering from AIDS in africa are heterosexual, buddy. They're the 'innocent' victims, according to him which means gay victims are the "guilty" ones.

Seriously, this bitch needs to go to the back of the bus and sit down because she's a tard.

Separate is not equal. Marriage is NOT a religious word. God i want to slap her stupid dyke mouth shut.

so is she paying her CA taxes or not this year? Sounds like Warren put some witchin' down on her.

I can't tell if that's Tammy Lynn's writing (or a quote from Melissa); she's not very well-respected by some groups of lesbians who follow or somehow associate themselves with (???) that scene, apparently she's been regarded as a bit psycho for some time now, which might explain some things.

oh, also someone needs to tell her that when a middle-aged straight dude paws a lesbian it's not always because he 'loves gays'.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I don't agree with Obama picking Warren, but he could've done much WORSE and picked Jesse Jackson, Jeremiah Wright, Al Sharpton or Louis Farrahkan instead.
    Since the detractors acknowledge that he is the messiah (how ironic) they better be glad he didn't resurrect Huey P. Newton.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread Information