Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Obama gets ripped a new one for doing NOTHING about the oil spill

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    One thing I would expect him to do is get down there and be seen' At least ACT like you care.
    No worries, he's having a photo op there this weekend.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I just saw his mug on the news, going friday. Whoop de doo! Too little too late. I hope the ragin cajun is there
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

I hope that crazy "Chocolate City" fucker calls him on his shit too!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post

It is a fucking disgrace and they should throw the book at BP and make the top company executives(and shareholders) go down to Mississippi and Louisiana and clean those marshes and beaches by hand!
    In pink satin jumpsuits. Not kidding. Punish AND humiliate them. Oh, but some sensitive type would feel SOWWY for them and raise a fuss.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMarsters View Post
    I'm surprised that they didn't try to clean it up with kitty litter.
    Thank you, I needed a laugh in the midst of reading all this horrible stuff. I've been sick about this spill since the news first came down, and it's bothered me terribly that most people seemed so, yes, blase about it.

Quote Originally Posted by philbert_wormly View Post
    There is an interesting article in the Christian Science Monitor about how the BP Oil Spill is messing over the the shrimpers and it is partially framed within the after affects of Hurricane Katrina...

...It is like a fair amount of the entire ecosystem of La. is going to be destroyed beyond repair....
    That whole area is just so completely fucked now. It is heartbreaking. I think people just numb out. They're like, "it's not here so who cares." To them I say: just wait. it'll get to you too.

Quote Originally Posted by travelbug View Post
    I know. I can't even bring myself to read too much about it. Just thinking about it makes me almost cry.

Travel and tourism on the Gulf Coast, fucked. Gulf seafood industry, fucked. Thousands of species of ocean life, fucked.

And the worst thing about it is how nonchalant most people seem to be about it all.
    EXACTLY. WTF, humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Oh face reality. The "a lot on his plate" crap is getting old. He knew what the plate held before he ran, if he couldn't fucking handle it then he should have kept his ass home. Also, the "magic wand" argument is also fucking tired because it's bull. Nobody is asking him to wave a magic wand, but when he does a consistent 180 on pretty much every campaign plank he ran on, SOMETHING IS WRONG. That's not a lack of a magic wand, that's an incorrect direction.

Secondly, his doucheboy Salazar has continued handing out permits to drill WITHOUT the necessary ok's from the EPA and other government departments, basically giving oil companies carte blanche to do whatever they felt like in contravention of the law.

Thirdly, 27 NEW such permits have been handed out even AFTER this insanity!

Nobody is saying he's the antichrist, but so far he's been a totally absent leader that injects himself into the fray only at the last possible minute in order to save whatever topic is at hand from total destruction.

This is not operating in a damn void, this is the impression he is giving off to most people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Yeah, he's a fucking idiot. boofucking hoo. every motherfucker who wants that job, knows what the job entails. If you can't fucking do it, don't fucking run! People wonder why the red states stay red and the blue stays blue, it's because of shit like this. This particular pile of shit floating around - millions of fucking GALLONS of this shit- sure as fuck cost him my vote. He's done diddly fucking squat! I don't care how full his fucking plate is, I don't care if he hates going to work every day - he can't call in sick on this one!

It's insane! It's bullshit! we've all been lied to once again. BP refuses - REFUSES - to follow recommendations from the EPA. What the fuck is that? EPA can't make them follow orders and our fucking president doesn't give a fucking rats ass.
    Quoted for truth, both of you, and because you made me feel like cheering!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    'cause they got obama in their ass pocket.
    I have heard that BP was a very major contributor to his campaign.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

They better get this thing capped and clean up the oil as soon as possible because they are calling for a ridiculously active hurricane season this year. All we need is a major gulf hurricane to spread the oil slick to all the beaches along the entire gulf.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    No, he is not. He's faced with a lot of shit at the moment and I don't think anyone could say that he could have predicted this spill, or solved everything with one fell swoop of his hand. Here's something I read online today:

He came into office at probably the worst moment in American history for the last 80 to 100 years. He isn't perfect and hasn't always had the perfect response but damn, he's not he fucking anti-christ either.
    Thank you.

In the end, all that seems to matter is the almighty bling bling, as well as the stuff that powers our good old cars and trucks. We go to war over this stuff.

I think, truthfully, his hands are tied. I thought the same thing for the health insurance debate. This is way over Obamas head, this is all about the money. Wouldnt it be nice if Obama could say 'Hey you, clean it up' and it gets cleaned up? Can he do that? I dont think he has that power. BP is obviously BIG MONEY. I have no doubt these guys are way above him, make his paycheck in an hour and truly call the shots. Maybe he wants to do something and is just as angry as us that he cant. Even worse, he takes all the blame for it. Ever think of that?

1) His hands aren't tied

2) He sold out the health "reform" before they even started discussing it, do your research Becky.

3) All the rest is just hilarious. Poor Pwesident is powerless.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Im not one for research, I apologize. I always failed at that respect in school . I dont know, maybe I just want to believe the mans hands are tied.

Scarlett Johansson to the rescue! Actress inspects oil spill damage in Louisiana | Mail Online
    Useless link, I know but I just wanted to post one quote from here.

President Obama has just launched criminal and civil investigations into the spill and vowed 'the full extent of the law' to hold the company responsible.
    Still not good enough Id assume.

A*O

I heard from someone who knows that BP are massively under-insured for this kind of thing so once the lawsuits start flying it could send them to the wall.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

No, it's not good enough. The oil is still spewing. BP is still in control and lying its face off about the underwater plumes that are the size of lake Erie. Not a hell of a lot is being done to collect it. Obama is letting it happen.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2G93rARJEA[/YOUTUBE]
    How about this?

What about it/ he sucks. Too little too late. Seems he has to practically be forced to seem a little angry...Comes across fake
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information