Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Obama to ensure no federal money pays for abortions, giant loser pussyface wuss

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I'd say it's pretty responsible to get an abortion instead of popping out another mouth to feed that you can't afford
    Yeah, but be even more responsible and not get knocked up in the first place.

yeah, but that doesn't happen 100% of the time. That's reality.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    yeah, but that doesn't happen 100% of the time. That's reality.
    That is true. I can accept it if it's passed with that provision, though it seems highly unlikely. I'm all for a national health care system. No person should go without coverage, not in this country or in any other. So, if I there are things in there, such as this that I don't agree with, I'll getr over it.

I also believe all those wanting an abortion should have open access to that as well. If I have to "pay" for it, I have to "pay" for it. I just wish that people, in general, would be more proactive in controlling their reproduction.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    IMO, there's no excuse for obesity, but we'll be funding heath issues related to that. What's the diff?
    Actually, I was reading an interesting article in the Sunday paper about this topic. The author was of the opinion that if healthcare reform passes, that there will finally be attention on the policies that support unhealthy food production because "health insurers will no longer be able to evade much of the cost of treating the collateral damage of the American diet."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/10/opinion/10pollan.html

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    Actually, I was reading an interesting article in the Sunday paper about this topic. The author was of the opinion that if healthcare reform passes, that there will finally be attention on the policies that support unhealthy food production because "health insurers will no longer be able to evade much of the cost of treating the collateral damage of the American diet."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/10/opinion/10pollan.html
    I read that too, and thought it was interesting enough to post on my facebook. Got zero comments, though.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    I don't believe in forcing the issue either. However, birth control is FREE (under Medicaid, from Planned Parenthood, etc) and easy to use. There's many kinds, for those afraid of needles, can't swallow a pill, etc. IMO, there's little to no excuse for unwanted pregnancies in this day and age.
    No form of birth control is 100%. I know of a case where the wife had her tubes tied and the husband had a vasectomy. They got pregnant just as their (current) youngest child was getting ready to graduate from high school.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    No form of birth control is 100%. I know of a case where the wife had her tubes tied and the husband had a vasectomy. They got pregnant just as their (current) youngest child was getting ready to graduate from high school.
    I'm not disputing that contraceptives don't have a small failure rate. My issue is with people having multiple abortions rather than try out some birth control. Or responsibly take their bc. Most failures are caused by user error.

I have a family member who is a mother of 6 at 33. She refuses to use any sort of birth control and has had at least 5 (that I know of) taxpayer funded abortions. She speaks openly of her dislike of pills, shots, patches, condoms, etc. She is almost eligilble for tubal and has already stated she won't be having one of those either. Guess who provides the necessities for her children? You and I and every other taxpaying citizen.

These are the circumstances/people I'm talking about.

BTW, my best friend is a result of a vasectomy gone wrong. Her father had a second set of recessed tubes.

I'd rather someone have multiple abortions than multiple kids that they neglect or abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    I'd rather someone have multiple abortions than multiple kids that they neglect or abuse.
    Great point
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information