Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama to ensure no federal money pays for abortions, giant loser pussyface wuss

Those most fiercely against abortions and their immorality will be the first in line wanting to teabag against tax dollars going toward "welfare babies."

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    deny government funding for elective abortions, yet cover all forms of contraception and pick up the tab for dispensation. If a woman were to become pregnant while utilizing birth control, and be able to prove so, the abortion would be covered due to contraception failure.
    How exactly will one prove contraception failure? Pure fucking genius to deny funding of abortions for people who are too fucking stupid to use birth control properly.

One thing that really bothers me is Obama rescinded the Mexico City Policy; so it's okay for the rest of the world but not the U.S. This is fucking bullshit.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

^Obviously with condoms, it can't be proven easily, but hormonal birth control use can be proven, as can tubal ligations and vasectomies. Pure fucking genius those methods leave evidence of their presence and do fail.

It's naiveto think there won't be a fight against government funding of abortion. This is another issue for which there seems there will either be a compromise, of some sort, or it won't happen, as abortion is, technically, an elective procedure unless the mother is in danger. Pro-life will want no part of it and even some pro-choice will not want to see their money funding it.

I don't agree with completely denying coverage for abortion, especially if the mother's life is in danger. I can also understand why pro-lifers don't want their money funding abortion and why pro-choicers may not want to see their money being squandered on people who are irresponsible or just don't care because the government will foot the bill. Not every person is like that, but there will always be system abusers.

Personally, I could accept a compromise. For instance, deny government funding for elective abortions, yet cover all forms of contraception and pick up the tab for dispensation. If a woman were to become pregnant while utilizing birth control, and be able to prove so, the abortion would be covered due to contraception failure.
    ^Obviously with condoms, it can't be proven easily, but hormonal birth control use can be proven, as can tubal ligations and vasectomies. Pure fucking genius those methods leave evidence of their presence and do fail.

It's naiveto think there won't be a fight against government funding of abortion. This is another issue for which there seems there will either be a compromise, of some sort, or it won't happen, as abortion is, technically, an elective procedure unless the mother is in danger. Pro-life will want no part of it and even some pro-choice will not want to see their money funding it.
    What utter bullshit. A litmus test (using birth control) to qualify for a legal medical procedure (abortion)? Why don't we just disallow cancer treatments for smokers who couldn't quit? Or deny insulin to diabetics who couldn't lose weight and eat more vegetables? Or better yet, why don't those who are "against abortion" mind their own damn business.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    Medical assistance, and planned parent hood have been paying for abortions for years... All was needed was a Medical assistant card... and you got an abortion.

So, someone's a bit late!
    True. I know a number of people who have had abortions just providing a card.

Also, tubals are covered currently but the restrictions are crazy. IIRC, it was 6+ children with the mother being over the age of 35. That being said, all forms of birth control are covered. People need to try using it.

Abortions that are paid for by Medicare are funded at the state level, and only in 17 states.

Federal funding for abortion is prohibited by the Hyde Amendment. This healthcare plan would have been exempt from the Hyde restictions, so they had to specifically create an amendment to the healthcare plan to prevent abortion funding.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Abortions that are paid for by Medicare are funded at the state level, and only in 17 states.

Federal funding for abortion is prohibited by the Hyde Amendment. This healthcare plan would have been exempt from the Hyde restictions, so they had to specifically create an amendment to the healthcare plan to prevent abortion funding.
    NYS funds "medically" necessary abortions. That being said, I know someone who has had multiple abortions convered and not once was it "medically" necessary. Very easy to work that system I suppose.

Quite honestly, I don't support tax payer funded elective abortions. I'm 100% pro choice but I believe if it's something you want done electivelly, pay for it. Birth control is free, take advantage of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    NYS funds "medically" necessary abortions. That being said, I know someone who has had multiple abortions convered and not once was it "medically" necessary. Very easy to work that system I suppose.

Quite honestly, I don't support tax payer funded elective abortions. I'm 100% pro choice but I believe if it's something you want done electivelly, pay for it. Birth control is free, take advantage of it.

NY has the most pro-choice laws in the US. Abortion was legal here before Roe V. Wade. Our terminology of 'medically necessary' is intentionally loose so that it can apply in most cases. I don't disagree with it at all. I don't believe in penalizing the poor and forcing them to have children, when an abortion can be given.

The states, and if they follow Hyde, or fund on their own are listed here:

State Funding for Abortion under Medicaid

Funding under Hyde Amendment Only: Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, and Wyoming.

Hyde Amendment and Additional Health Circumstances: Indiana (physical health), Iowa (fetal abnormality), Mississippi (fetal abnormality), Utah (physical health and fetal abnormality), Virginia (fetal abnormality), and Wisconsin (physical health).

All or Most Health Circumstances: Alaska, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Montana, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Vermont, Washington, and West Virginia.

Noncompliant with the Hyde Amendment: South Dakota (life endangerment only).

National Abortion Federation: Public Funding for Abortion: Medicaid and the Hyde Amendment

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I just cannot wrap my mind around the mentality that a person who does not properly use birth control should just have to deal with it and hopefully come up with the funds to pay for an abortion. What are the chances of a person who wants an abortion but cannot get one paid for taking care of their health and a future child's health? Getting knocked up is not like getting a speeding ticket and you just have to suck it up and pay the fine; there's the potential of bringing another life into the world that may not be wanted. We should lock them up in special wards and secure them to gurneys pumping nutritional fluids into their bodies until their unwanted children can be harvested.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Elite Member

I don't believe in penalizing the poor and forcing them to have children, when an abortion can be given.

I don't believe in forcing the issue either. However, birth control is FREE (under Medicaid, from Planned Parenthood, etc) and easy to use. There's many kinds, for those afraid of needles, can't swallow a pill, etc. IMO, there's little to no excuse for unwanted pregnancies in this day and age.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    I just cannot wrap my mind around the mentality that a person who does not properly use birth control should just have to deal with it and hopefully come up with the funds to pay for an abortion. What are the chances of a person who wants an abortion but cannot get one paid for taking care of their health and a future child's health? Getting knocked up is not like getting a speeding ticket and you just have to suck it up and pay the fine; there's the potential of bringing another life into the world that may not be wanted. We should lock them up in special wards and secure them to gurneys pumping nutritional fluids into their bodies until their unwanted children can be harvested.

Popping the pill each day isn't that hard. I've been on them for over 16 years now. I've yet to get pregnant unintentionally. I use backup when necessary. Seriously, it's not that hard.

This is what it boils down to for me. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I really dislike the idea of someone having multiple abortions paid for by me. One, two "whoops" pregnancies, ok. But multiple accidents? Come on.

IMO, there's little to no excuse for unwanted pregnancies in this day and age.
    IMO, there's no excuse for obesity, but we'll be funding heath issues related to that. What's the diff?

Elite Member

IMO, there's no excuse for obesity, but we'll be funding heath issues related to that. What's the diff?
    I'll agree with you on that and I'm a fat chick. However, it's apples and oranges to me.

Everyone is responsible for their own body. You don't want to get pregnant, use the preventive measures in place. Don't just let things happen and expect it to be taken care of with no questions asked. There's no sense of self-responsbility anymore.

I'd say it's pretty responsible to get an abortion instead of popping out another mouth to feed that you can't afford
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I'll agree with you on that and I'm a fat chick. However, it's apples and oranges to me.

Everyone is responsible for their own body. You don't want to get pregnant, use the preventive measures in place. Don't just let things happen and expect it to be taken care of with no questions asked. There's no sense of self-responsbility anymore.
    Not apples and oranges at all.

If everyone is reponsible for their own body, then not funding medical treatment for obesity related illness is exactly the same as not funding abortion.

Don't just let yourself get obese and ill and expect it to be taken care of with no questions asked. After all, if you had eaten properly and gotten exercise - preventive measures- you wouldn't be obese.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information