Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nutjob at town hall calls himself "proud right-wing terrorist", GOP congressman claps

I wonder if these right-wing zealots represent the majority of the GOP, or are a small but very vocal group of extremists.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

If that guy were a Muslim, he'd already be in a soundproof dungeon being "interrogated" with a pair of pliers, a battery and a black hood over his face.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    I wonder if these right-wing zealots represent the majority of the GOP, or are a small but very vocal group of extremists.
    I don't think the right-wing zealots represent the majority of the GOP, but they're the vocal group that has controlled the party since the 90's.

But what makes the extremists so dangerous now is that Republican politicians are actively using them for political purposes, because the GOP has nothing else to offer but fear tactics. And when you're a nutjob, a public figure bringing your beliefs into the mainstream seems to validate them.

Now what the GOP politicians haven't figured out yet is that the right-wing nutjobs/militia groups don't trust anyone in government, so at some point they'll turn on the GOP, too.

Elite Member

Things have changed since the 90s. The big difference is that there's no one in the GOP leadership acting responsibily. They are following the lead of Limbaugh and Beck, who are egging on the crazies.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I don't think the right-wing zealots represent the majority of the GOP, but they're the vocal group that has controlled the party since the 90's.

But what makes the extremists so dangerous now is that Republican politicians are actively using them for political purposes, because the GOP has nothing else to offer but fear tactics. And when you're a nutjob, a public figure bringing your beliefs into the mainstream seems to validate them.

Now what the GOP politicians haven't figured out yet is that the right-wing nutjobs/militia groups don't trust anyone in government, so at some point they'll turn on the GOP, too.
    I agree. The nutjobs are in the minority, thankfully but they are the loudest and get the most media attention.

The nutjobs control the party platform though. The GOP ain't going anywhere but insanity in the near future. They don't want to be moderated.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post

That's alarming and reassuring at the same time.

Why does the GOP allow itself to be lead by Jerry Springer guests?
    Their platform is based on fear and hate.
    If Hitler were alive today, they'd be all over him.

Lately, it's been backfiring on them. They need to reinvent themselves. They're dinosaurs.

The demographics of America will continue to change to be more and more multicultural.

In the meantime, I hope that diligence and technology will keep Obama safe.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    That's alarming and reassuring at the same time.

Why does the GOP allow itself to be lead by Jerry Springer guests?
    Their platform is based on fear and hate.
    If Hitler were alive today, they'd be all over him.

Lately, it's been backfiring on them. They need to reinvent themselves. They're dinosaurs.

The demographics of America will continue to change to be more and more multicultural.

In the meantime, I hope that diligence and technology will keep Obama safe.
    The big mistake the GOP made was allowing the right-wing evangelicals to hijack their party years ago. And since they managed to alienate just about everyone else they have only the far-right evangelical nutjobs to appeal to.

Plus, the GOP hasn't figured out yet that the reason they keep losing elections is because they've gotten too conservative. Instead of getting less conservative they think the answer is to get more conservative and shift more to the right. But that works in the Dems favor because as long as they stay center-left they can appeal to a broader range of people.

Right now, the nutjobs feel like they're losing 'their America' and they blame anyone that's different. The changing demographics are what's really scaring them. And in their minds Obama is the physical threat to 'their America' which is why they're losing their minds.

Thanks Kingcap. Very enlightening.

If the GOP continues along this path, hopefully they will implode.

You need to be teaching political science or running for office.

The GOP continues to implode and hopefully they'll splinter off into two smaller parties.

And my political science & history teachers used to flip out when we had debates because I never backed down. They would really flip if I actually started teaching either subject. Thanks for the compliment, though.

I hope they split too. Both halves would be better off for it.

^^Exactly. Maybe the moderate Republicans can form a party with the sane conservatives, and the right-wing nutjobs can move to a compound.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information