Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Now that a Democrat will be President, corporate media vows to ask tough questions

Yes, I still find it amusing that most of the US gov went along with the stupidity of Iraq, despite there being either no evidence, or cooked evidence.. and tons of evidence for the latter which was blithely ignored.

Again, the rest of the planet knew it was a total crock, yet somehow ALL these people were "misled"... i call serious bullshit on that. THey just didn't want to stand up and be shouted down as being 'unpatriotic'
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Bush had shown he was pre-disposed to doing something to Saddam from the time of the 9/11 attacks, when he was almost convinced Iraq was behind that. To a certain extent I think that our own intelligence agencies were looking for any kind of evidence to invade, rather than dispassionately looking at what was there and saying, "well, do we really have justification?"

I believe that the idea of "patriotism" was abused in the run-up, and in the aftermath of the invasion. Right-wing commentators, especially Limbaugh types, were constantly questioning the patriotism of anyone who questioned the purpose or conduct of the war. It was reprehensible and continually reminds me of that saying, "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel".

I don't think Bush was convinced Iraq was behind it.. he just used 9/11 as a cover and made up a bunch of bullshit to justify it.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

All presidents should be asked tough questions.

It will be nice to have someone who sounds like they know what the question is at all unlike Bush who would stare blankly at the camera before making up words. DURRRR

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    All presidents should be asked tough questions.

It will be nice to have someone who sounds like they know what the question is at all unlike Bush who would stare blankly at the camera before making up words. DURRRR
    It will be a real paradigm shift, that's for sure. As I was looking at Bush clips last night, I noticed that he could be pretty cruel to some of the reporters. He is an a-hole.

One reporter thanked him for having the radio reporters there, and before he could get his question out, Bush said, "You have a face for radio." Then, the guy said, "That's the second time you've said that to me." He should have replied, "And you Mr. Bush have a voice for silent films." But it wouldn't have been very conducive to getting his questions answered.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Bush said, "You have a face for radio." Then, the guy said, "That's the second time you've said that to me." He should have replied, "And you Mr. Bush have a voice for silent films." .
    HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    It will be a real paradigm shift, that's for sure. As I was looking at Bush clips last night, I noticed that he could be pretty cruel to some of the reporters. He is an a-hole.
    Do you remember back when he was running the first time and he got caught on the open mike saying to Cheney:

"There's Adam Clymer -- major league asshole -- from the New York Times,"

"Yeah, big time," returned Cheney.

You can't fucking make this shit up...

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^I remember that!

Elite Member

Anyone else notice that at all of Obama's post election press conferences that Fox has not been allowed to ask a single question? Paybacks are a bitch.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information