Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35

Thread: Non-US Gossiprockers, who would you vote for President if you could?

  1. #16
    Elite Member yanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,774

    Default

    I'd vote for Obama over McCain too. I doubt that McCain will run with Huckabee because I'm pretty sure that would alienate any Democrats McCain would hope to sway. That Huckabee guy is a loon!

    It's funny, I vote right wing in Greece (even though I think they suck almost as bad as the other guys) but in the US I would be so far left there would be no party for me.

  2. #17
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I don't think Europeans are crazy. I spent a lot of time over there, my dad's business had him living there on and off when I was young.

    In general, I find Europeans to be much better educated and politically astute than Americans
    My mother's French and I've spent a great deal of time in Europe; I disagree that Europeans are smarter or more politically astute.

  3. #18
    Elite Member effie2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Where it all begun
    Posts
    14,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tee-ha-ha View Post
    My mother's French and I've spent a great deal of time in Europe; I disagree that Europeans are smarter or more politically astute.
    Interesting...
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator


  4. #19
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    Interesting...
    I don't see what's interesting about a difference of opinion.

  5. #20
    Elite Member effie2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Where it all begun
    Posts
    14,175

    Default

    Well,i do,i think it is interesting.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator


  6. #21
    Elite Member crackho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Playin' up in muh pussah
    Posts
    4,057

    Default

    People are the pretty much the same in every country I have been to. Some care, some don't, some are smart, some are dumb.

    My my, didn't we all just dip our tongues in some acid today.

  7. #22
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    33,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tee-ha-ha View Post
    My mother's French and I've spent a great deal of time in Europe; I disagree that Europeans are smarter or more politically astute.

    I guess it all depends on whom you meet.

    But the Europeans I have met have been mostly intellegent, and they seem much more aware of world politics than the average Americans that I know. Just the fact that they are aware there is an entire world- not just their own country puts them ahead of the average American

    Of course there are exceptions.....but that has been my personal experience
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone


    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  8. #23
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crackho View Post
    People are the pretty much the same in every country I have been to. Some care, some don't, some are smart, some are dumb.
    That has been my experience too. I get tired of people...even Americans...assuming that Europeans are smarter. They're not!

  9. #24
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    33,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tee-ha-ha View Post
    That has been my experience too. I get tired of people...even Americans...assuming that Europeans are smarter. They're not!
    Better educated, not smarter. That's not the same thing.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone


    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  10. #25
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Better educated, not smarter. That's not the same thing.
    Explain to me how someone who is "better educated" than I am is not "smarter" than I am...without referring to anyone's intelligence.

  11. #26
    Elite Member Novice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beyond Caring, then hang a left.
    Posts
    42,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I would find it hard to participate in such a corrupt system. When your government can be bought and sold by lobbyists and corporate interests, what's the point in voting at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    I'm a resident here, but I'm not a citizen, so I can't vote.

    I don't understand the system here particularly well. Definitely not Republican. Hell no. That's my only certainty.

    I hate the idea of picking the lesser of two evils though, still it's choosing an evil.. I hate two party systems..
    Grim mentions corrupt & Hilary just RUSHES into my head. I'd never vote for Hilary because I don't like and trust her, from what I know of her.
    I'd probably vote for Obama, just because he's upset all the racists be just living.
    Again, I probably understand it reasonably well, (for as much as I'm not really interested in it), but yeah, two party system.... lesser of two evils.

    And just to re-dress the balance, I hold UK politicians in as much contempt.
    Free Charmed.

  12. #27
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    33,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tee-ha-ha View Post
    Explain to me how someone who is "better educated" than I am is not "smarter" than I am...without referring to anyone's intelligence.

    Smart is inherent.

    Education is a process.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone


    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  13. #28
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Smart is inherent.

    Education is a process.
    No, intelligence is inherent. Someone is smart due to what they know, correct? How is that not the product of education?

  14. #29
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    I would say intelligence isn't just what you know, but how you apply it.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  15. #30
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    51,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tee-ha-ha View Post
    No, intelligence is inherent. Someone is smart due to what they know, correct? How is that not the product of education?
    because the best education in the world is wasted on someone that isn't smart to begin with. whereas you can be inherently smart but still uneducated. get the nuance?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Select a US President Candidate 2008 (quiz to see who you should vote for)
    By AliceInWonderland in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: February 4th, 2008, 11:04 AM
  2. Vote for the MTV movie awards
    By greysfang in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 6th, 2007, 10:49 PM
  3. Hello Gossiprockers!
    By twitchy in forum New Members
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: November 30th, 2005, 03:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •