Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NOM's latest retard ad: GAY MARRIAGE WILL TURN OTHER PEOPLE'S KIDS GAY

Some straight guys can dress and decorate well...for others. Of course, they look like they rolled out of a dumpster and their furniture is flea market chic.

This thread reminds me of Dan Savage's comments in this video. (You might have to turn the volume up to hear him.)
    [youtube]0GPkWORrBcs[/youtube]

Actually, a lot of the gay and lesbian people I have known were either molested or raped before they decided they were same sex oriented. Rape often seems to turn women off of men, although not always that way for men. Two of the guys in my high school art class were molested, decided they liked how it felt, and that they were gay...it seems to be a complicated thing.
    ""Somebody needs to talk to Alex Castellanos: he may not be doing sex right if he thinks an Obama speech is 'like sex'."~ Rush Limbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by chattykathy View Post
    Actually, a lot of the gay and lesbian people I have known were either molested or raped before they decided they were same sex oriented. Rape often seems to turn women off of men, although not always that way for men. Two of the guys in my high school art class were molested, decided they liked how it felt, and that they were gay...it seems to be a complicated thing.
    WTF? They were born gay or lesbian, some sick fuck just happened to molest or rape them along the way. They didn't decide, they didn't have a choice in the matter...
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I should make a commercial with the heathens. They've been 'exposed' to the gay types since birth and I have yet to see any signs of gayness in them. Strangely they've been having girlfriends since early on, which could mean they're flamingly hetero or else they're really in touch with their fem side. Either way, I don't think the gays have anything to do with it. I wonder if having gay godparents will turn them?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by chattykathy View Post
    Actually, a lot of the gay and lesbian people I have known were either molested or raped before they decided they were same sex oriented.
    There it is again. We DECIDED to be gay.

Rape often seems to turn women off of men, although not always that way for men. Two of the guys in my high school art class were molested, decided they liked how it felt, and that they were gay...it seems to be a complicated thing.
    No, it's not. Nobody decides to be gay. Nobody decides to be straight.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Their words when I asked about it, not mine.
    ""Somebody needs to talk to Alex Castellanos: he may not be doing sex right if he thinks an Obama speech is 'like sex'."~ Rush Limbaugh

I seriously doubt they said "I decided to be gay"
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

No, not exactly those words, but something along those lines. It was generally either "that turned me off of men" or "then I decided I liked playing for the same side" something along those lines. In both cases, it was a decision that they made. It could be a genetic factor as well, but since they said they decided, I'm going with what they said. They decided.

It's not a decision. If they got turned off of men, then they have trauma. That doesn't mean they're gay. It would be like a gay guy getting traumatised or raped by another guy and then saying "yeah, that turned me off men, so now i'm all about the pussy". It's stupid, He's still gay, he just needs fucking therapy.

As for getting molested and liking it, 1) that's really fucked up, and 2) If they liked it, they were probably gay in the first place.

Nobody simply DECIDES to be gay or straight. These people you talked to all seem to have suffered some kind of trauma and need to see a freaking shrink to sort out their issues now.

I wasn't arguing that at all. Therapy is definitely needed.

Into the re-Neducation chamber with them!

I know two people, one male and one female, who, by their own declarations and words, "turned" gay late in life. The woman has been married twice. She claimed she decided to be gay because she was tired of the crap men put her through and she claims she was never closeted gay, but is not heterosexual now.

The man has a similar story, claiming to have been heterosexual, not denying being gay, then "became" gay and is no longer heterosexual.

Both claim their natural attractions shifted, with no latent tendencies during their original sexual orientation or the one they identify with now. They seem to genuinely believe what they say and are adamant they did not choose to be either hetero or homo, but it just changed on its own.

So ALL gays are born that way or is there a possibility some chose it, like consciously choosing to change other orientations within their life? Is it possible sexuality can change, akin to a sexuality vitiligo-like situation?

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    I know two people, one male and one female, who, by their own declarations and words, "turned" gay late in life. The woman has been married twice. She claimed she decided to be gay because she was tired of the crap men put her through and she claims she was never closeted gay, but is not heterosexual now.
    There are a few possibilities:

1) She's lying

2) She was in denial before

3) She's not really gay now and is satisfied with someone just diddling her clit who isn't a man because she's been traumatized.

4) She had bi tendencies all along.

The man has a similar story, claiming to have been heterosexual, not denying being gay, then "became" gay and is no longer heterosexual.
    Same thing, sans the clit

Both claim their natural attractions shifted, with no latent tendencies during their original sexual orientation or the one they identify with now. They seem to genuinely believe what they say and are adamant they did not choose to be either hetero or homo, but it just changed on its own.
    Yeah, see above. Deep seated denial, repression, bisexuality etc.

So ALL gays are born that way or is there a possibility some chose it, like consciously choosing to change other orientations within their life? Is it possible sexuality can change, akin to a sexuality vitiligo-like situation?
    No, I don't think it changes. I think it just depends on what their minds are doing, what kind of societal fear programming they have. A lot of sexuality can be suppressed or molded in a way, but the core remains. Now, where these people fall on the whole sexuality sliding scale is another question.

I do not buy the whole "i chose women cuz men were mean to me' crap, nor do i buy the "oh, it just changed" crap either. Chances are it was always in there, something just loosened up enough for it to be let out.

Gays can't choose any more than straights can. I know straight guys who dabbled (got a BJ from one, BOOYAH! ) and would most likely return if drunk and comfy enough.. but for 90% of their lives they have the straight thing going.

I tried to understand both of my friend's position, but argued that as a straight female, I could consciously choose to ignore the attractions my innate tendencies manifested, but I would still be straight, but choosing to live a gay life. I think they believe what they say, but they can not understand what they believe isn't true.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information