Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: New York Post cartoon shows Obama as a chimp and possibly calls for his assassination

Sweetie, I wonder if the NAACP can help you at all to get you the, "white privilege" they're always spouting off about?
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Part of my white privilege was a black woman, with no experience whatsoever, getting a job over me.

If that's white privilege I will kiss your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Aella View Post
    Nope, it just means that all other factors (social, economic, gender) being equal, you would have an advantage over somebody non-white in the same situation.

I don't know why people are having such trouble grasping the context. But then again, the luxury of ignoring institutionalised racism is part of white privilege.
    I2I. That is exactly what I was saying. People can twist my words and mock me all they want to, but there is a truth to it, whether people like it or not.

That is exactly what I was saying. People can twist my words and mock me all they want to, but there is a truth to it, whether people like it or not.

I have worked hard for everything that I have nothing has ever just been handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    I2I. That is exactly what I was saying. People can twist my words and mock me all they want to, but there is a truth to it, whether people like it or not.
    There is, but if it's in-depth discussion you're looking for here, you're in for a disappointment.

It's a post-racial society, or something. It's why most people 'accidentally' shot by the cops just happen to be black, and why Hollywood can cast an all-white cast for the adaptation of the (Asia-based) Avatar cartoon because the scary brown and yellow people don't sell (it's colourblind casting! And by 'colourblind' we mean 'white is the default).
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    That is exactly what I was saying. People can twist my words and mock me all they want to, but there is a truth to it, whether people like it or not.

I have worked hard for everything that I have nothing has ever just been handed to me.
    I don't recall saying that anything has been handed to you. Neither have I. I am a person of color and I haven't benefited from AA, or specific scholarships, or whatever people say that minorities have to get an upper hand. I've worked my ass off for everything I have as well. You want a cookie? I have Chocolate chip and Oatmeal.

But to deny that whites do NOT have an advantage over people of color is a falsehood.

Like I said, we'll just have to agree to disagree, because I'm not here to change anyones mind, just giving a different perspective.

ok, so whites have an advantage .. does my advantage increase with my blue eyes and blonde hair or do I max out at white?
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Um, my last manager was younger than me, and black. The people immediately above me now, are asian, west indian, and other miscellaneous races. Our director is Indian.

When does my advantage kick in? I'm a white male age 18 to 45, EVERYBODY should be listening to me and giving me shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    ok, so whites have an advantage .. does my advantage increase with my blue eyes and blonde hair or do I max out at white?
    No, white is the default. There are various levels of white, like a car line. You're like the Lexus of whiteys.

I think I'm some sort of entry level white Honda. The Cracka.
    Last edited by Tati; February 20th, 2009 at 02:30 PM.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    No, white is the default. There are various levels of white, like a car line. You're like the Lexus of whiteys.

I think I'm some sort of entry level white Honda. The Cracka.
    I have dark brown eyes almost black, and brown hair. I'm on the lowest level... A Buick, maybe?

No, you're definitely American... I'd say a 1987 Ford Tempo.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

That is just mean, Grimm!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    maybe they stuffed your white privilege in the pussy privilege and they both got waylaid at a lesbian meeting

Quote Originally Posted by Aella View Post
    Nope, it just means that all other factors (social, economic, gender) being equal, you would have an advantage over somebody non-white in the same situation.

I don't know why people are having such trouble grasping the context. But then again, the luxury of ignoring institutionalised racism is part of white privilege.
    Thank you.

People can go on and on about how they lose jobs to minorities and so forth, but that same thing has been happening in reverse for years and it still does. Hell, I've gotten passed over for a promotion at my job three times in favor of young white males fresh out of college with less experience and seniority than I had. But, hey, that's life.

Sometimes, there are advantages that whites have over minorities, and then there are times when minorities have advantages over whites. In a perfect world all things would be equal and there would be a level playing field, but we don't live in a perfect world.

if we did, my ass would own a tropical island.

And I would be richer than Bill Gates and Oprah combined.

Goptrah!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread Information