Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Post cartoon shows Obama as a chimp and possibly calls for his assassination

I am sure Grimm will love these pictures...

Well, a jihad on him.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hack.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    For the next four years we're going have watch someone stir the black vs white pot and hear someone bitch about every action and reaction because Obama's half black.

Another example:
    Obama's picture removed from Peterson's President's Day sign | presidents, obama, commissary - Top Stories - Colorado Springs Gazette, CO

NAACP and Sharpton are going to be real busy for another 46.5 months.

People forget that hate and racism goes both ways.

It's going to be a long 4 years.
    So are you saying that there is not a long history of white people calling African-American people monkeys, apes and chimpanzees? Are you saying there is not a long history of white people mocking the appearance and intelligence of black people? Are you saying that there is not a long history of white people hunting down black people and killing them?

You're acting like it's just a harmless joke. Well if you want to be able to call a black person a monkey and get away with it, I would have to ask why that is so important to you.

I also ask you why it doesn't matter to you that someone is publicly insinuating that killing the POTUS is a good thing. Especially when threats against a white President were taken very very seriously.

Bronze Member

This is for suede. Some more harmless friendly jokes about Obama being a monkey that those hypersensitive libtards are freaking out about::

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity View Post
    I can totally see how in poor taste this cartoon is, but I'm wondering if it has anything to do with this latest news story?

Chimpanzee attack phone tapes released | The Australian

Chimpanzee attack phone tapes released

February 19, 2009
    A WOMAN taped pleading with police to shoot her pet chimpanzee because it "ripped the face off" her friend has changed her story over whether she gave the animal mood-altering medication.
    Travis, a 15-year-old chimpanzee who has starred in TV shows and ads, so savagely attacked Charla Nash that police didn't recognise she was a woman when they responded to the emergency call of the animal's owner Sandra Herold, Associated Press reports.

On the tape, which was released overnight by police, Ms Herold cries, "He's killing my friend!''

In the background the chimp can be heard grunting.

"Who's killing your friend?,'' the emergency operator asks.

"My chimpanzee! He ripped her apart! Shoot him, shoot him!''

Once police arrive at Ms Hergold's home in Stamford, Connecticut, an officer radios back after seeing the bloodied Ms Nash on the ground: "There's a man down. He doesn't look good.''

"We've got to get this guy out of here. He's got no face.''

Ms Hergold had attempted to wrestle Travis off Ms Nash and after placing the call to police had also stabbed her pet with a carving knife and hit him with a shovel without stopping the assault.

"He looked at me like, 'Mum, what did you do?''' Ms Hergold told NBC's Today Show overnight.

"It was horrific what happened and I had to do what I had to do, but still, I'll miss him for the rest of my life.''

Eventually Travis ran off but when police arrived and tried to protect the injured woman Travis attacked them, forcing officers into their cars.

The chimpanzee ripped the side mirror off one police vehicle before opening a car door and forcing a cornered officer to shoot the animal several times.

Leaving a trail of blood Travis retreated to his living quarters where he died.

Ms Nash, 55, had gone to Hergold's home to help coax the chimp back into the house after he got out but she was barely out of her car before the Travis attacked, police said.

She remains remains in a critical condition in hospital with serious injuries to her face and hands.

Ms Hergold today denied her earlier statements that she had given Travis tea laced with the drug Xanax, which doctors say can stimulate aggression in unstable people.

After telling police she gave Travis the drug, Ms Hergold had even showed off the mug the tea had supposedly served the spiked beverage in on TV.

Police are considering laying charges.

A pet owner can be held criminally responsible if he or she knew or should have known that an animal was a danger to others.

Travis lived may years with Ms Hergold as a member of the family.

He ate and drank at the dinner table, brushed his teeth, used a remote to find baseball on TV and logged onto a computer to look at online images.

As a young chimp he starred in TV commercials and had appeared on a talkshow as well as a TV pilot.

Well that's what I was referring to in my earlier post. Let's see, out of all the things a cartoonist can do to caricature someone or something political, they SO happen to choose, out of all the millions of species known to mankind, a chimpanzee, to represent someone (or some group? naaaa) associated with the stimulus bill.

IF it's not racist it must be the greatest f**king coincidence in the history of recorded human kind.

Considering the 'track record' of this particular cartoonist who obviously loves to offend, sorry but no buy any bull shyte that comes from him or the paper regarding "no racist intentions."

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    it IS the new york post.. not the apex of journalistic class and integrity
    yep... the post is pure trash, the only thing good things about it are sports and page six. Even if this isn't about Obama or intentionally racist, it's insensitive- they should have realized what people would say before going to print.

Quote Originally Posted by nycgirl View Post
    yep... the post is pure trash, the only thing good things about it are sports and page six. Even if this isn't about Obama or intentionally racist, it's insensitive- they should have realized what people would say before going to print.
    Yeah, but if it gets them more attention, it's free publicity for them. That may be why they post such cartoons.
    "Oh! I've been looking for a red suede pump!"
    - Marie (Carrie Fisher), When Harry Met Sally

Elite Member

The Post is a disgraceful rag.

I hope I didn't come across as making excuses, I wasn't sure if everyone was aware of the news story. I thought maybe it was to do with that and maybe that was their line of thinking and they didn't realise the other connotation. I have no idea who the 'artist' is or their track record. Having a stuffed head isn't helping me think clearly either.

Now I'm much clearer about it, yes it is shameful and this person needs to be fired since it's not the first time they've pushed it way too far. And don't get me started on the other monkey pictures pertaining to Obama! Disgusting!
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

sorry sweetie, it's 'a lone'.
    if you want to do a kaneesha, you have to do it right.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Im 26 and from the northwest part of the country and currently L.A. and i didn't even know that blacks used to be referred to as chimps/monkeys or whatever. I never got the Blacks and watermelons reference either. so to me, it seems like "wtf?! how is this racist" .....

on another note though; i can see how Obama resembles a monkey though! his ears and the shape of his features (like how Bush resembled one too, only a much dumber one) so again, i wasn't offended when someone said that was supposed to be Obama except that they're shooting him and that pisses me off and is un-called for. But also, i didnt know that was (supposed to be) Obama either until someone else said it ....

yes, im ignorant i guess. or maybe its time to leave those things in the past and give everyone an equal start. If you can call Bush a monkey why can't we call Obama one. political cartoons have always been like this! look into their history if you dont take my word for it.

Is it racist?
    Yes 50%
    No 50%
    Total Votes: 83,005

tmz.com poll
    Last edited by AliceInWonderland; February 19th, 2009 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    Im 26 and from the northwest part of the country and currently L.A. and i didn't even know that blacks used to be referred to as chimps/monkeys or whatever. I never got the Blacks and watermelons reference either. so to me, it seems like "wtf?! how is this racist" .....

on another note though; i can see how Obama resembles a monkey though! his ears and the shape of his features (like how Bush resembled one too, only a much dumber one)

yes, im ignorant i guess.
    Well I think that quite sums it up nicely. If you don't understand the racial connotations referring to a black man as a monkey due to the history of racism and degradation in this country, I really don't know what to tell you...

SMDH

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yeah I dont; i dont get it all! ^ but you can tell me about your name; the conotations surrounding that aren't exactly positive now are they, but its your name. ok then.

I demand Miley Cyrus to come out and make a public apology for this!!!
    "The most important question in all of human kind is..... would you hit it or not?" ~potato_chips

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information