Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Post cartoon shows Obama as a chimp and possibly calls for his assassination

*slaps you with kaneesha*

you ruined it! ruiner!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    Aside from it being offensive or not.

Aren't we just the slightest bit hypcritical when for the past 8 years we laughed along with Bush being compared to a chimp and we fly off the handle at the consideration that the cartoon may reflect tastless humor against Obama?

Oh please. If someone had put out a cartoon of a chimp being shot in reference to Bush, they'd be sitting in Guantanamo right now waiting for Barack to let them out.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Did anyone else notice the "beware of dogs" sign hanging on the post? Add the whole threat of dogs into this conversation and I certainly can see the racial undertones. Just saying.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    No, it's not even the same thing. Bush looks like a chimp, and he's an object of ridicule for his intellectual incuriosity..but given that he's white such a label does not carry any of the obvious racist undertones.

I thought that was pretty plain.

Referring to black people as any kind of primate is inherently racist just from a historical point of view. Come on, you all know that. Don't play stupid.
    I do know that. I just can't believe in this day and age in a regular newspaper someone would run that cartoon. I said I was hoping it was unintentional, but it is hard to believe they didn't know what it meant.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Leave Obama A Loan.

Anyway, no matter the supposed intent, a political cartoonist knows it would be a shitstorm to use a dead chimp in a bit about Obama's stimulus bill----they knew what they were doing. It's either racist or attention whoring.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    No, we're not hypocritical because Dubya actually really looked like a chimp.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Plus the idiot at the Palin rally who had the toy monkey with an Obama sticker wrapped around it.
    LIES!!!!!!!! There were no mean people at the love-filled Palin rallies!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I wonder if Urban Dictionary has a LEAVE JENNIE ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! category!

Love

...they should be allowed to run it....if not, then what is the difference between this and the cartoon that the Muslims wanted pulled from the Danish newspapers because they found it offensive?.....protest by not buying their paper....do not restrict free speech even when it is stupid and/or offensive......

Quote Originally Posted by Str8_uncut-jock View Post
    Did anyone else notice the "beware of dogs" sign hanging on the post? Add the whole threat of dogs into this conversation and I certainly can see the racial undertones. Just saying.
    You picked up on that, also? It's racist. Bull Conyers dogs, primates, two white officers... There are KKK members sitting back smiling at this cartoon as I type this saying "Those damn Yankees aren't so bad after all!!"

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

For the next four years we're going have watch someone stir the black vs white pot and hear someone bitch about every action and reaction because Obama's half black.

Another example:
    Obama's picture removed from Peterson's President's Day sign | presidents, obama, commissary - Top Stories - Colorado Springs Gazette, CO

NAACP and Sharpton are going to be real busy for another 46.5 months.

People forget that hate and racism goes both ways.

It's going to be a long 4 years.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    ...they should be allowed to run it....if not, then what is the difference between this and the cartoon that the Muslims wanted pulled from the Danish newspapers because they found it offensive?.....protest by not buying their paper....do not restrict free speech even when it is stupid and/or offensive......
    the muslims objected because it depicted muhammed AT ALL. They arent allowed to represent him in any form.

btw, here's some other cartoons from this particular 'artist'

Loathsome: Ten Cartoons from Sean Delonas

Feel free to repost some, work has it blocked
    Last edited by Tati; February 18th, 2009 at 06:20 PM.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I can totally see how in poor taste this cartoon is, but I'm wondering if it has anything to do with this latest news story?

Chimpanzee attack phone tapes released | The Australian

Chimpanzee attack phone tapes released

February 19, 2009
    A WOMAN taped pleading with police to shoot her pet chimpanzee because it "ripped the face off" her friend has changed her story over whether she gave the animal mood-altering medication.
    Travis, a 15-year-old chimpanzee who has starred in TV shows and ads, so savagely attacked Charla Nash that police didn't recognise she was a woman when they responded to the emergency call of the animal's owner Sandra Herold, Associated Press reports.

On the tape, which was released overnight by police, Ms Herold cries, "He's killing my friend!''

In the background the chimp can be heard grunting.

"Who's killing your friend?,'' the emergency operator asks.

"My chimpanzee! He ripped her apart! Shoot him, shoot him!''

Once police arrive at Ms Hergold's home in Stamford, Connecticut, an officer radios back after seeing the bloodied Ms Nash on the ground: "There's a man down. He doesn't look good.''

"We've got to get this guy out of here. He's got no face.''

Ms Hergold had attempted to wrestle Travis off Ms Nash and after placing the call to police had also stabbed her pet with a carving knife and hit him with a shovel without stopping the assault.

"He looked at me like, 'Mum, what did you do?''' Ms Hergold told NBC's Today Show overnight.

"It was horrific what happened and I had to do what I had to do, but still, I'll miss him for the rest of my life.''

Eventually Travis ran off but when police arrived and tried to protect the injured woman Travis attacked them, forcing officers into their cars.

The chimpanzee ripped the side mirror off one police vehicle before opening a car door and forcing a cornered officer to shoot the animal several times.

Leaving a trail of blood Travis retreated to his living quarters where he died.

Ms Nash, 55, had gone to Hergold's home to help coax the chimp back into the house after he got out but she was barely out of her car before the Travis attacked, police said.

She remains remains in a critical condition in hospital with serious injuries to her face and hands.

Ms Hergold today denied her earlier statements that she had given Travis tea laced with the drug Xanax, which doctors say can stimulate aggression in unstable people.

After telling police she gave Travis the drug, Ms Hergold had even showed off the mug the tea had supposedly served the spiked beverage in on TV.

Police are considering laying charges.

A pet owner can be held criminally responsible if he or she knew or should have known that an animal was a danger to others.

Travis lived may years with Ms Hergold as a member of the family.

He ate and drank at the dinner table, brushed his teeth, used a remote to find baseball on TV and logged onto a computer to look at online images.

As a young chimp he starred in TV commercials and had appeared on a talkshow as well as a TV pilot.
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

well yes, of course

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity View Post
    I can totally see how in poor taste this cartoon is, but I'm wondering if it has anything to do with this latest news story?

Chimpanzee attack phone tapes released | The Australian

Chimpanzee attack phone tapes released

February 19, 2009
    A WOMAN taped pleading with police to shoot her pet chimpanzee because it "ripped the face off" her friend has changed her story over whether she gave the animal mood-altering medication.
    Travis, a 15-year-old chimpanzee who has starred in TV shows and ads, so savagely attacked Charla Nash that police didn't recognise she was a woman when they responded to the emergency call of the animal's owner Sandra Herold, Associated Press reports.

On the tape, which was released overnight by police, Ms Herold cries, "He's killing my friend!''

In the background the chimp can be heard grunting.

"Who's killing your friend?,'' the emergency operator asks.

"My chimpanzee! He ripped her apart! Shoot him, shoot him!''

Once police arrive at Ms Hergold's home in Stamford, Connecticut, an officer radios back after seeing the bloodied Ms Nash on the ground: "There's a man down. He doesn't look good.''

"We've got to get this guy out of here. He's got no face.''

Ms Hergold had attempted to wrestle Travis off Ms Nash and after placing the call to police had also stabbed her pet with a carving knife and hit him with a shovel without stopping the assault.

"He looked at me like, 'Mum, what did you do?''' Ms Hergold told NBC's Today Show overnight.

"It was horrific what happened and I had to do what I had to do, but still, I'll miss him for the rest of my life.''

Eventually Travis ran off but when police arrived and tried to protect the injured woman Travis attacked them, forcing officers into their cars.

The chimpanzee ripped the side mirror off one police vehicle before opening a car door and forcing a cornered officer to shoot the animal several times.

Leaving a trail of blood Travis retreated to his living quarters where he died.

Ms Nash, 55, had gone to Hergold's home to help coax the chimp back into the house after he got out but she was barely out of her car before the Travis attacked, police said.

She remains remains in a critical condition in hospital with serious injuries to her face and hands.

Ms Hergold today denied her earlier statements that she had given Travis tea laced with the drug Xanax, which doctors say can stimulate aggression in unstable people.

After telling police she gave Travis the drug, Ms Hergold had even showed off the mug the tea had supposedly served the spiked beverage in on TV.

Police are considering laying charges.

A pet owner can be held criminally responsible if he or she knew or should have known that an animal was a danger to others.

Travis lived may years with Ms Hergold as a member of the family.

He ate and drank at the dinner table, brushed his teeth, used a remote to find baseball on TV and logged onto a computer to look at online images.

As a young chimp he starred in TV commercials and had appeared on a talkshow as well as a TV pilot.
    Yes, it does, but that still doesn't explain the stimulus comment in the cartoon.
    Can you explain it, in connection to just having shot down a chimp, why that
    be of any significance to the signing of the bill?
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by Str8_uncut-jock View Post

The beware of dog sign was actually there when they shot the chimp I saw it on the news... I was thinking the sign should have said beware of Chimpanzees.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

This guy is just a Grade A asshole.

This guy is a total misogynistic, homophobe. Can anyone find a pic of him?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information