Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Supreme Court Justice announced: Sonia Sotomayor

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    Clarence Thomas is one of several people I can think of who have shown internal issues with being black. Thomas thinks he is better than what being black could ever be and has distanced himself as far as his skin will let him from the being black.

He is a douchebag, the douchebaggery being his issue with what he is, what he seems to want to be, and what even the Michael Jackson route can not provide.

Isn't there a post regarding closeted gay politicians who hate what they are so much, they work against the very people they are in no way different from? Different trait despised, same bullshit, having an issue with who you are.
    They're still gay...even if they're full of self loathing and closeted it doesn't change that fact. No one would say they aren't gay.

Black and white are skin color, not ideology. That's why we are all equal, because it's not the external that matters. There are as many different points of view as there are minds.

You can hate yourself, but it doesn't change what you are.

Thomas is a prick, but he's black.

And not as a response to your post, but I wish to add that whoever made up the term Uncle Tom as it's now used clearly never read the book. Uncle Tom was a good man, far superior in morals to his masters, and in the end he is beaten to death by his masters for not disclosing the whereabouts of the two girl runaway slaves. He gives his life to protect them.
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; May 27th, 2009 at 11:56 AM.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I knew it wouldn't be long until the Republicans would start saying it was an 'affirmative action pick' Oh yeah, and she's a racist.

And somehow, yet, they're waiting for 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    They're still gay...even if they're full of self loathing and closeted it doesn't change that fact. No one would say they aren't gay.

Black and white are skin color, not ideology. That's why we are all equal, because it's not the external that matters. There are as many different points of view as there are minds.

You can hate yourself, but it doesn't change what you are.

Thomas is a prick, but he's black.

And not as a response to your post, but I wish to add that whoever made up the term Uncle Tom as it's now used clearly never read the book. Uncle Tom was a good man, far superior in morals to his masters, and in the end he is beaten to death by his masters for not disclosing the whereabouts of the two girl runaway slaves. He gives his life to protect them.
    Precisely.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information