Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New RNC Chairman says work is not jobs. Huh?

^^ It would seem so, wouldn't it!!

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    People need to cut Uncle Tom...I mean Steele some slack. It's got to hard being both a token & just a figurehead at the same time, while spouting the GOP's talking points.
    Somewhat off topic, but why can't a black person be a Republican without being called a sell out? Being a Republican only means you have conservative views and believe in small government.

ROFL, yeah. No, you have to take into consideration what the party stands for and who makes up its ranks and thus the actions and words it promotes.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    Somewhat off topic, but why can't a black person be a Republican without being called a sell out? Being a Republican only means you have conservative views and believe in small government.
    Like how being a Confederate only meant you supported states rights and free enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    Like how being a Confederate only meant you supported states rights and free enterprise.
    Terrible analogy.

So I guess black folks can only be democrats, independents, etc.

No, but belonging to a hypocritical party stuffed with racists, blue collar bigots and good old boys and nutjob churchies and pretending it has anything to do with you as a black person, or small government, means you're effing ridiculous.

Wtf has the Republican party done for black people in the last, oh, 100 years? You know, besides TRY TO OPPRESS THEM
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Republicans were the opposite of what they were back in the 1700-1800s than they are now you know.

Terrible analogy.

So I guess black folks can only be democrats, independents, etc.
    No, what it means is if you take one or two talking points about what a group stands for, you can swing it either way you want -- good, bad, or benign. You can reduce the Republican Party to two oversimplified but generally pleasant sounding points, but that overlooks not only everything else they've represented on paper, but what they have enacted through practice, e.g. voting against anti-discrimination acts, supporting oppression, 'cronyism,' their leadership forwarding racist e-mails, using race-baiting as a presidential campaign strategy, etc. etc.

Similarly, you can say the Confederates "only" did this and that, but that would be just as "terrible" as your original statement about Republicans standing for only X and Y.

Black folks can be anything they want. But when a person --of any color-- sides with those who cause them more harm, I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    What are you two not understanding?

I said: Hand out government issued cards that can only be used for the purchase of consumer goods.
    If someone tries to use it at Ford Motor Credit for the payment of a current auto loan....denied. If they try to use it as a downpayment for a new vehicle...accepted.

Someone tries to use it to pay a Walmart credit card bill....denied. Used for the purchase of goods....accepted.

It's kinda like FEMA. You can't use that money to pay off bills. It has to be used for the rebuilding of your prior standings and you have to show receipts.

Same goes for electric companies....they wouldn't be set up to accept the cards, therefore, electric bills can't be paid with this money.

And trust me, I know this will never happen, because the simple man doesn't matter in this country. I am just saying, nothing else seems to work, lets try something else that makes sense.
    I wouldn't buy anything I wouldn't normally buy if I got one of these cards...I would take it to Walmart and use it to buy groceries. Then I would take the money (earned income) I would've spent on groceries and pay off debt or save. There would be no net boost in spending.

However, if you sent most Americans $2600, I think you could count on at least half of it being pissed away on big-screen TV's and such. Americans are irresponsible like that.

I agree, spend the money to create jobs fixing roads and developing green energy solutions. That's why I voted for Obama, because I thought that was a great plan and that he was sincere in carrying it out. I realize we need a stimulus package yesterday, but at the same time I don't think it should be rushed and have a good plan compromised.

A black person can be a Republican, for whatever reason, without automatically being a sell-out. However, in Steele's case, he is a sell-out. You need to read up on some of Steele's views and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information