Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Rev. Wright remarks leave Barack Obama wounded (Hillary Clinton up +9 in Indiana)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Whyy would you vote for McCain? Just don't vote, or spoil your ballot. You don't HAVE to vote for any candidate.
    Yes, I DO have to vote. Otherwise, I feel guilty when I bitch about them later. And, to me, I wanted Joe Biden, I will settle for Clinton, but the more I hear Obama, I find myself agreeing more with McCain. I'm a fiscal conservative and none of the candidates lines up with my economic views.

but McCain is just a Bush clone! He's also fucking nuts, and doesn't know anything about economics, all he says is "deregulate! let business run themselves! more tax cuts for rich bastards!", and how well has that worked for the last 10 years?.. he also doesn't know anything about Iraq! He can't even tell the difference between a Shi'ite muslim and a Sunni one, or who's fighting who.

he's also in his damn 70's!

*boggled*
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    Yes, I DO have to vote. Otherwise, I feel guilty when I bitch about them later. And, to me, I wanted Joe Biden, I will settle for Clinton, but the more I hear Obama, I find myself agreeing more with McCain. I'm a fiscal conservative and none of the candidates lines up with my economic views.
    I've always like Joe Biden myself....he's smart, and I wished he would have gotten more media support...he would be an excellent candidate
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

To Grimm: So, get a list of superdelegates, kidnap their pets, and hold them for a vote-for-Clinton-or-your-hamster-dies ransom. I said I would vote for Clinton.

McCain might be crazy as a shithouse rat, but he has shown what kind of stuff he is made of....Obama has not, at least, not to me.

McCain won't have the luxury of cutting taxes on anyone. If elected, he will inherit an economy in recession on the edge of depression. He won't have many fiscal alternatives.

To Witchcurlgirl: Agree, I've talked to people who never even knew he ran. The media decided early who was "important" and who wasn't....frustrating....
    Last edited by cynic; April 30th, 2008 at 01:28 PM. Reason: I gotta type faster....said in response to Grimm

Great post Cynic.

What kind of stuff has McCain showed? LOL

As he's done is parrot Bush, created this fake "maverick" persona when behind the scenes he goes along with Bush policy anyway, he's shown he knows nothing about the economy and he's shown he can't even piece together the very basics about Iraq.

If we can do that and he can't, wtf does that say about his ability to lead? The guy left his mind back in the Hanoi Hotel and has such a massive case of stockholm syndrome with Bush that it makes me retch.

DO YOUR RESEARCH, BECKY!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

A) McCain is not much of a flip-flopper, he might be crazy, but he is consistent.
    B) The fact that he kept his campaign going when everyone said he should give up impressed me a great deal. Of all the things I hated about Bush and liked about Bill Clinton, following polls wasn't one. We vote for President once, not constantly throughout their term. Another reason I'm still firmly behind Hillary Clinton, she is still going after the brass ring as hard as she can. Obama seems disinterested. I know he isn't, but he comes across to me as too meek and mild.
    C) The best fiscal presidents didn't know jack about the economy, but chose good people who did. That is all I ask. No one can do everything alone, but if you can choose good people to work with you, you can accomplish anything.
    D) He's actually said less about his religion than either of the Democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Calimoonchild View Post
    I like what Andrew Sullivan had to say about this:

'Obama Divorces Wright
    29 Apr 2008 02:25 pm

That was a very impressive, clear and constructive re-framing of the core message of his candidacy; and a moment given to him by Wright. No one will ever be able to say that Obama threw his father-figure and pastor under the bus. We all know that the reverse happened. We also know that this clear repudiation of Wright's toxic, indeed "ridiculous" views on AIDS, 9/11 and permanent immiseration of people of color could not have happened unless Wright had made it necessary. Skeptics may wonder whether Wright actually deliberately did Obama a favor. I doubt it. But a favor it unintentionally is.

Maybe God does bring good out of bad. Maybe these racial and cultural divides can help us understand how better to move beyond them. Cynics may scoff - and certainly will. They will parse every nuance and try to paint Obama as another cynical, positioning pol. I don't believe it. He has more sincerity and integrity than the vast majority of politicians, more honesty, and more resilience in a very tough spot.

And today, we found that he can fight back, and take a stand, without calculation and in what is clearly a great amount of personal difficulty and political pain. It's what anyone should want in a president. It makes me want to see him succeed more than ever. It's why this country needs to see him succeed more than ever.'

The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan

The part in bold makes me laugh. What he should be saying is that "Today we found that once the truth is exposed and it may hurt Obama he will denounce what his spiritual leader has to say." Too little, too late.

A) Oh yes he is. That 'straight talk express' bus he's riding? FUELED BY LIES. How about torture? How about '100 years in iraq'? how about McCain's evil homophobe preacher? How about Karl Rove working on his campaign? How about "Campaign finance reform" when the guy is knee deep in having broken campaign finance law? How about not taking money from lobbyists, when his damn campaign is run by them? I could go on.

B) he got the nomination because the other choices were worse. No repuke is thrilled with this guy. I wouldn't be either, for one he's a complete idiot and 2 he's a liar. 3 he's crazy.

c) He has Karl Rove working for him and all the same economic retards who work for Bush. That says it all. Having a basic, tyro's grasp of the economy is a good idea, and he doesn't even have that.

d) that's because he doesn't need to. The repukes have fallen into line behind him, but the Dems have to prove their Jesusness to the rest of the drooling idiots who care about that sort of stupidity.

Okay, so I guess you aren't going to sneak across the border and vote for McCain.

I've got a while before I have to decide, maybe Obama will say something that will change my mind.

I would sneak across to throw a pie at him.

A PIE OF NAILS

If it makes you feel any better, I'm not fond of the Canadian government nor their subsidies of their industries either......they take more money from my pocket than U.S. taxes.....

PFFT, don't even start on the softwood lumber thing, it's ridiculously undervalued in the US. So is our water, which keeps California existing, and our hydroelectricity which keeps the eastern seaboard lit.

Without us, the US would dry up and go dark

On the Wright issue, I would like to see all the assholes that defended this guy with the arguments:

"have you heard his whole sermons"....

"they're only playing sound bites"....

"this is what the black chuch's history is"

apologize, as this hate monger did prove himself to be what people were saying he was
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    but McCain is just a Bush clone! He's also fucking nuts, and doesn't know anything about economics, all he says is "deregulate! let business run themselves! more tax cuts for rich bastards!", and how well has that worked for the last 10 years?.. he also doesn't know anything about Iraq! He can't even tell the difference between a Shi'ite muslim and a Sunni one, or who's fighting who.

he's also in his damn 70's!

*boggled*
    Darling Grimm, McCain is not a Bush clone. Instead of believe the typical partisan rhetoric, go do some unbiased record comparisons between the two, focusing on the past eight years. You will find that McCain and Bush may have a few things in common, but they are miles apart.

Why do you think a HUGE number of conservatives aren't voting for McCain?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information