Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Rev. Wright remarks leave Barack Obama wounded (Hillary Clinton up +9 in Indiana)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    here's some Obama fapping for you on the subject of Obama throwing Wrighty under the bus..

that makes even ME barf.
    Wright has been making the AIDS claim for a while now. It isn't a recent thing. He even claimed that crap in the no-famous YouTube rant.

SSDiva, I just don't get staying with a church where you disagree with the preacher. It is the preacher who sets the tone and overall character of the church. That church has become what Wright has preached it to be. If you don't like the message, walk. It sounds simple, yes. And some may struggle with that. But it isn't as if there aren't other churches out there that are still Christian (or whatever) where one can fit in. And I can speak from experience... I left a church when it became the opposite of what I knew to be Christian and in the service of Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    Wright has been making the AIDS claim for a while now. It isn't a recent thing. He even claimed that crap in the no-famous YouTube rant.

Yes, it's only now that Obama finds that claim "outrageous".....

And this nonsense from the Americablog post kills me:

"Good. Because Wright truly crossed over into cuckoo-land yesterday, saying that our government created AIDS, among other things. That's insane conspiracy talk, and it's race-baiting (white people created AIDS to oppress minorities? - give me a break). Obama really blasted him this time. Good. I appreciate the position Obama is in. It's difficult to see someone you once respected turn into a crazy man. A craven politician, Hillary comes to mind, would turn on that person (or constituency) in a flash. A normal person, a good Christian, would struggle with the fact that the now-crazy man has done good in his life as well. How do you reconcile the two? Politicians don't. Real men - and real Christians - do."

Even when an issue is about errors Obama has made, the biased pundits still find a way to insert Hillary Clinton into it......total bullshit.......
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

aww, i loved that bit
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Clinton Closes To Within 5 Of Obama: In a Democratic Primary in North Carolina today, 04/29/08, one week till votes are counted, the 10-point lead that Barack Obama has had for two months is halved, to now 5 points, Obama 49%, Clinton 44%, according to SurveyUSA's 7th tracking poll, conducted exclusively for WTVD-TV Raleigh. In SurveyUSA last four polls, over the past two months, Obama has led by 10, 8, 10, and 9 points. Today: 5. White voters are key. Since January, Clinton had led among Carolina whites by 14, 19, 17, 22 and 23 points. But today, suddenly: 31. In the Research Triangle, Clinton is up 9 points, week-on-week; Obama is down 3; a net swing of 12 points to Clinton. Among unaffiliated voters, Clinton has overtaken Obama for the first time in 2008, though the difference is small and within the sub-group's margin of sampling error. The two tie among Moderates. Obama leads slightly among Liberals. Clinton leads slightly among Conservatives. There is enough cross-current in the political waters that SurveyUSA's final pre-Primary poll, next week, may show more movement -- though in which direction it is impossible to know. Filtering: 2,100 NC adults were interviewed 04/26/08 through 04/28/08. Of them, 1,796 were registered to vote. Of them, 727 were determined by SurveyUSA to be likely to vote on or before the 05/06/08 Primary. Unaffiliated voters are allowed to vote in the NC Democratic Primary. One-stop early voting began on 04/17/08 and continues through 05/03/08. At this hour, 2% of likely voters tell SurveyUSA they have already voted. The primary is on 05/06/08. 115 delegates will be awarded SurveyUSA Election Poll #13811

Eli

The fact that his name is Jeremiah leaves faith to others that he is evil.
    Note I said faith, not proof.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Rev. Wright got caught ridin dirty this time! YouTube - Jeremiah Wright - "Ridin' Dirty"

Obama gave Wright a national platform and I think it just went to the guys head.
    I child-proofed my house but they keep getting back in!

Hit By Ban Bus!

What has Rev. Wright recently said that wasn't already revealed in his infamous youtube snippets all of which were supposedly taken out of context?

[QUOTE=SSDiva;1177714]Until you walk in a persons shoes who go to a church, who have formed bonds with members of a certain church..then you don't know the HURT involved in it. The preacher isn't the church, it's the members. When you decide to join a church you put yourself there on a personal level. You go to church to worship God, not the pastor...so some, maybe a lot will feel exactly as you do...but others know it isn't that easy. You have people who children were molested by Priest, they stayed with the Catholic Church, even through all the cover-ups, because of their faith. You have gays, and lesbians who stay in churches who attack the very person they were born to be, simply because of their love of God. At the end of the day Obama is a human being who probably felt if he left the church that brought him to his faith, he'd be turning his back on that very faith. Maybe, to those same folks he is to human..to much like us to be our President...but I'd rather have a President who had a problem with a pastor, than one who has a problem with humanity. QUOTE]

Very well said. I just wish Obama had distanced himself earlier. Sorry you had a similar experience Diva.

I like what Andrew Sullivan had to say about this:

'Obama Divorces Wright
    29 Apr 2008 02:25 pm

That was a very impressive, clear and constructive re-framing of the core message of his candidacy; and a moment given to him by Wright. No one will ever be able to say that Obama threw his father-figure and pastor under the bus. We all know that the reverse happened. We also know that this clear repudiation of Wright's toxic, indeed "ridiculous" views on AIDS, 9/11 and permanent immiseration of people of color could not have happened unless Wright had made it necessary. Skeptics may wonder whether Wright actually deliberately did Obama a favor. I doubt it. But a favor it unintentionally is.

Maybe God does bring good out of bad. Maybe these racial and cultural divides can help us understand how better to move beyond them. Cynics may scoff - and certainly will. They will parse every nuance and try to paint Obama as another cynical, positioning pol. I don't believe it. He has more sincerity and integrity than the vast majority of politicians, more honesty, and more resilience in a very tough spot.

And today, we found that he can fight back, and take a stand, without calculation and in what is clearly a great amount of personal difficulty and political pain. It's what anyone should want in a president. It makes me want to see him succeed more than ever. It's why this country needs to see him succeed more than ever.'

The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan

Wright's views about AIDS, 9/11, etc. are not anything new. That's why Obama cutting the cord now is pointless. He had a chance a few months ago. Hell, even years ago... and didn't.

Not buying it.

Yes, I scoff.....he sat in that church for years listening to messages that were obviously of hate and not of love.....why did he stay?.....and Obama didn't get righteous when Wright was slamming the white population...he only got indignant when Wright slammed him.....

scoff, scoff, scoff

I'm beginning to feel that if I can't vote for Hillary, I'm voting for McCain.....

A real christian wouldn't be at a church where the pastor was saying "God Damn America" or at a church where the pastor was clearly racist.

Whyy would you vote for McCain? Just don't vote, or spoil your ballot. You don't HAVE to vote for any candidate.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Nice try Obama......

20 years too late.....

He actually used Wrights words as his book title "The Audacity of Hope"....now he expects people to beleive that he had no clue this Rev held these positions....

It strains credulity

As for Andrew Sullivan, it wasn't too long ago he was a huge Bush supporter, and he was all for the Iraq war, even referring to those of us who opposed it as "Traitors", so he's half full of shit anyway......
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information