Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Rev. Wright remarks leave Barack Obama wounded (Hillary Clinton up +9 in Indiana)

If Obama had any sense he'd send scientologists to silence this douche
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    If Obama had any sense he'd send scientologists to silence this douche

I wonder how Wright's followers will react to the war of words? And will Obama lose some of the black vote?

I bet the Clinton camp is eating this all up right now.

The clinton camp invited this guy to speak
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I watched his speech, and the commentary afterwards, and members of the church were sending in messages saying that they were siding with Obama. Screw the politics of this all, but I do know what it is like to let go of a church and even a religion that you have been apart of and have formed bonds with for great period of time in your life.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    The clinton camp invited this guy to speak

Yes, that's today's internet rumor........Even so, so what? If your competition makes an error, than it's up to you to capitalize on it. That's just smart politics.

He's a press whore who couldn't wait to get his face out there.....he's revelling in the attention....loving every second of it

Don't blame the Clintons for this....

This is a grown man spouting his opinions, those opinions were not given to him by anyone else. He loves Farrakhan, hates Jews, thinks America should apologize for Hiroshima (and we will, as soon as the Japanese apologize for Pearl Harbor)

This was Obama's error, period, end of story. He joined this church 20 years ago, and could have left at any time. Church membership is voluntary.

Was Obama that unsophisticated that he had no idea this would be an issue in the campaign? If he didn't know then he is definitely unfit to be a leader.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Hit By Ban Bus!

Tuesday April 29, 2008 14:36 EDT
    Why the Jeremiah Wright story deserves more attention
    I think the most important thing to note about the Jeremiah Wright Story is that we're a Nation plagued by exceedingly few significant problems; blessed with a quite healthy political culture and very trusted political and media institutions; composed of a citizenry that is peacefully content with its Government and secure and confident about their future; endowed with a supremely sturdy economic foundation free of debt and other grave economic afflictions; vested with the ability to command great respect and admiration from the other nations of the world; emancipated by the burdens of war and intractable conflicts which have toppled and destroyed so many other great nations of the past; and, most of all, we're becoming freer and more prosperous by the minute.
    Not only that, but we have an extremely impressive, serious and honor-bound ruling imperial class devoted to the preservation of all of these blessings.
    So it isn't as though we really have anything else to talk about besides Jeremiah Wright. There are some countries in the world -- probably most -- which have so many big problems that they could ill-afford to devote much time and energy to a matter of this sort. Thankfully, the United States isn't one of them. I believe it's critical that we keep that in mind as we discuss him for the next seven months.
    -- Glenn Greenwald

Glenn Greenwald l Salon

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    I watched his speech, and the commentary afterwards, and members of the church were sending in messages saying that they were siding with Obama. Screw the politics of this all, but I do know what it is like to let go of a church and even a religion that you have been apart of and have formed bonds with for great period of time in your life.
    Well I don't think Obama is letting go of his religion, just the perversions associated with it through Wright.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Yes, that's today's internet rumor........Even so, so what? If your competition makes an error, than it's up to you to capitalize on it. That's just smart politics.

He's a press whore who couldn't wait to get his face out there.....he's revelling in the attention....loving every second of it

This is a grown man spouting his opinions, those opinions were not given to him by anyone else. He loves Farrakhan, hates Jews, thinks America should apologize for Hiroshima (and we will, as soon as the Japanese apologize for Pearl Harbor)

This was Obama's error, period, end of story. He joined this church 20 years ago, and could have left at any time. Church membership is voluntary.

Was Obama that unsophisticated that he had no idea this would be an issue in the campaign? If he didn't know then he is definitely unfit to be a leader.
    I find it more laughable that now, FINALLY, Obama is trashing Wright. He wasn't smart enough to distance himself from the man (Wright) who has not changed his positions in the past year. If isn't smart enough to do that, is he really savy enough to handle world dictators and such? Sheesh.

Abandoning for political expediency rarely works. If Obama pulled an Oprah and did this years ago it would have been better. But now, its closing the barn door after the horse got out.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post

Until you walk in a persons shoes who go to a church, who have formed bonds with members of a certain church..then you don't know the HURT involved in it. The preacher isn't the church, it's the members. When you decide to join a church you put yourself there on a personal level. You go to church to worship God, not the pastor...so some, maybe a lot will feel exactly as you do...but others know it isn't that easy. You have people who children were molested by Priest, they stayed with the Catholic Church, even through all the cover-ups, because of their faith. You have gays, and lesbians who stay in churches who attack the very person they were born to be, simply because of their love of God. At the end of the day Obama is a human being who probably felt if he left the church that brought him to his faith, he'd be turning his back on that very faith. Maybe, to those same folks he is to human..to much like us to be our President...but I'd rather have a President who had a problem with a pastor, than one who has a problem with humanity.

Wright is out for blood, revenge, and power at the moment. I don't have any clue as to why, but I do have my suspicions.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Hell even Oprah walked away from Rev Wright years ago.
    I was wondering about this, did she do it publicly or just on the down low?

NATIONAL PRESS CLUB: WRIGHT EVENT NOT ARRANGED BY CLINTON CAMP

REYNOLDS PITCHED WRIGHT 2 YEARS AGO

National Press Club president Sylvia Smith responded today to a Daily News article reporting that club member Barbara Reynolds, a Hillary Clinton supporter, organized yesterday’s breakfast talk with Dr. Jeremiah Wright Jr.

Smith said by phone this morning that she still doesn’t know if Reynolds supports Clinton, and doesn’t care either way.

“Reverend Wright is newsworthy, period,” Smith said.

But Wright wasn’t as newsworthy two years ago when Reynolds first pitched Barack Obama’s controversial pastor as a potential speaker for the press club, according to Smith.

At that time, the speaker’s committee—of which Reynolds is now a part of, but wasn’t at the time—didn’t move forward with selecting Wright.

“He wasn’t newsworthy then in the broader context,” Smith said.

An ordained minister, Reynolds, teaches at Howard University School of Divinity, and knows Wright personally. So she was the ideal contact person for Wright when the controversy broke in mid-March.

Smith said that Reynolds pitched Wright again as a speaker, and the speakers committee wanted him because he was far more newsworthy than two years earlier. Reynolds became the point person.

For each speaking event, one member of the organizing committee is assigned as the main contact. That person performs various tasks, from choosing who sits at the head table to drafting the NPC president’s introduction, according to Smith. And Reynolds was the point person for
    Ben first spotted the Reynolds connection, and noted last night what she said about Obama last month, which is supportive of Wright.

"[i]t is a sad testimony that to protect his credentials as a unifier above the fray the Senator is fueling the media characterization that Rev. Dr. Wright is some retiring old uncle in the church basement instead of respecting Wright for the towering astute father of progressive social and global causes that he is."

I’ve put out calls and emails to Reynolds and will update with her response.

Michael Calderone's Blog - Politico.com
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Why do we give people like this so much media attention and press? Can't they see this guy is eating up the publicity and controversy and loves to see himself on tv and the media? Why stroke his ego like that?

Quote Originally Posted by ingi View Post
    I was wondering about this, did she do it publicly or just on the down low?
    She left when she started believing in the alignment of the stars with the solar system!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

This is exactly why I love it when politicians bring their religion into their politics.....sometimes it reaches up and bites them in the ass....and why they should leave their religious beliefs out of the public arena.....

Ministers are just like rock stars....they do it for the attention....not only for the "love of music"......

here's some Obama fapping for you on the subject of Obama throwing Wrighty under the bus..

Good. Because Wright truly crossed over into cuckoo-land yesterday, saying that our government created AIDS, among other things. That's insane conspiracy talk, and it's race-baiting (white people created AIDS to oppress minorities? - give me a break). Obama really blasted him this time. Good. I appreciate the position Obama is in. It's difficult to see someone you once respected turn into a crazy man. A craven politician, Hillary comes to mind, would turn on that person (or constituency) in a flash. A normal person, a good Christian, would struggle with the fact that the now-crazy man has done good in his life as well. How do you reconcile the two? Politicians don't. Real men - and real Christians - do.

AMERICAblog: A great nation deserves the truth
    that makes even ME barf.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information