Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New poll out today, 64% of Republicans say that they want Sarah Palin to run in 2012

I hope she runs too. The entertainment value of this would be priceless. I kind of miss her already.

This woman is scary. As a woman,I looked forward to the day there would be a serious woman candidate. Hillary got bumped off,McCain had so many good ,solid,brilliant women to choose from and he does this. He insulted every woman by selecting a dimwit,surpassed only by his own stupidity for not checking her out. It is almost painful to me for making sport of another woman,but this one is totally off the charts. Now appears we can add something akin to shoplifting to her pathetic resume,if this wordrobe investigation turns up more.
    There are so many decent women candidates that are more in-touch with issues in the Republican party-and McCain squashed every one of them for this twit. I feel he is aware just how stupid that move was,now.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Gold Member

This just in: a new poll suggests than 100% of Democrats want Sarah Palin to run in 2012.

Palin is popular with the conservative base of the Republican party, but she wouldn't attract moderate and independent voters. The idea of making her the Republican nominee is a non-starter, imo.

As a woman, I like to see females have political power, but Sarah Palin sets our cause back. She is totally unfit to lead this country. I only want a woman President if she is qualified for the position.

600 dumbasses. Big whoop. And this was taken before all the press about her shopping sprees, and towel flashing and all that stuff.

"This national telephone survey of 1,000 Likely Republican Voters was conducted by Rasmussen Reports November 5, 2008."

I think the Repub party is so downtrodden and beaten, and is in such disarray, that anyone who isn't Bush looks like a shiny new penny in the gutter.

Elite Member

good I hope so then I can count on a 2nd term for Obama

These same 64% of Rethugs are the ones who, also, need to be commited.

I believe if she DOES run, she more than likely won't make it past the primaries. I don't think we have anything to worry about.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by purple rain View Post
    This just in: a new poll suggests than 100% of Democrats want Sarah Palin to run in 2012.

Bring it on! Obama might set history by winning all 50 states, even Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by nancydrew View Post
    This has to be a joke. I mean, really, people cant not be that ignorant.
    Sure they can!

Someone needs to send Cheney to Alaska on a "special hunting trip."

REAL Republicans are horrified by Palin, give me a break.

Bronze Member

If Sarah Palin is the GOP’s best hope for 2012 then they are in big trouble. She was great at firing up the ultra conservative wing of the GOP reading from her scripted speeches, but MOST of the country rejected her and sent her lieing, arrogant, self-righteous, hate sprewing racist ass packing right back to Alaska along with her redneck husband.

This is a person who can’t put a coherent sentence together without a teleprompter, and some people think she’s capable of leading the United States. Damn unbelievable! She‘s being HYPED UP by the media because she‘s the only lingering thought the GOP can hang onto since they lost this election, and once the media stops covering her, hopefully the name Sarah Palin will be forgotten. Glad that hag is gone back to to Alaska and I hope she stays there!

^^The girl's got plans. We'll be seeing more of her. I'm all for a woman in the highest office, but can we please get a qualified one? So far, Palin's not shown me anything that indicates the ability to lead this country effectively or competently. Another mean spirited, intolerant "fundie" (which I think she is although not all these people are mean spirited and intolerant and in quotes because I believe Bush is religious only for political purposes) would be catastrophic to the social fabric of this country. She's too polarizing a figure - I wish the Republicans would get some sense and muzzle her for good.

Elite Member

I'm not at all a fan of Palin, but I think it's sad her 'people' are now throwing her under a bus. The irony is you just know that had McCain won, they would have been extolling her virtues and how she's more than up for the job. How hypocritical are they all to have led us to believe she was capable of the second most important job in the Nation, to now making jokes about her intellect and concerns they had behind the scenes. They all led us on...not just Palin. And I think McCain's a dumbass for not knowing more about Palin's history before naming her. They're now trying to push everything on her, but ultimately, McCain's to blame here.

Quote Originally Posted by AsiaBlue View Post
    This is a person who can’t put a coherent sentence together without a teleprompter, and some people think she’s capable of leading the United States. Damn unbelievable!
    well, bush was in power for 8 years and i'm still not convinced he can even read properly. maybe that's why laura was so into promoting literacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    I'm not at all a fan of Palin, but I think it's sad her 'people' are now throwing her under a bus. The irony is you just know that had McCain won, they would have been extolling her virtues and how she's more than up for the job. How hypocritical are they all to have led us to believe she was capable of the second most important job in the Nation, to now making jokes about her intellect and concerns they had behind the scenes. They all led us on...not just Palin. And I think McCain's a dumbass for not knowing more about Palin's history before naming her. They're now trying to push everything on her, but ultimately, McCain's to blame here.
    it's politics. who was it that said that in politics, there are no real friends. only real enemies.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I refuse to believe even Republicans are this stupid. But can you imagine Obama debating Palin? Talk about swatting a gnat with a Buick.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information