Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: In New Memoir, Hillary Clinton Asks Why People Hate Her So Much

People hate Hillary more for staying with Bill than they do Bill for cheating.

Untrue. I hate Slick Willy just as much. My hatred for him has numbed a little because I rarely see him around anymore.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Hillary Clinton’s media tour has begun, and on Sunday she sat down with CBS’ Jane Pauley to discuss her memoir, What Happened, and her own reactions to the 2016 presidential election. “I’m good,” she told Pauley. “But that doesn’t mean I am complacent or resolved about what happened. It still is very painful. It hurts a lot.”
    Although she does take responsibility for her loss — “I couldn’t get the job done, and I’ll have to live with that for the rest of my life” — she also parsed a few theories as to why it happened. And one, she said, is because her opponent appealed overwhelmingly to a certain demographic.

“He was quite successful in referencing a nostalgia that would give hope, comfort, settle grievances, for millions of people who were upset about gains that were made by others,” she said. Pauley: “What you’re saying is millions of white people.”

Clinton: “Millions of white people, yeah. Millions of white people.”

She also mentions other factors that dented her campaign: Russian interference; her own use of a personal email server while Secretary of State and the ensuing coverage; James Comey’s pre-election letter about the email investigation; and her failure to tap into the economic anxieties of Americans the way her primary opponent, Bernie Sanders, did.

“I think in this time we’re in, particularly in this campaign, you know, maybe I missed a few chances,” she concluded. And, despite some speculation that’s sprung up around her book tour, she has no plans to revive her candidacy. But she won’t be disappearing any time soon. “I am not done with politics because I literally believe that our country’s future is at stake,” she said.

[From The Cut]

Cele|bitchy | Hillary Clinton: ?Millions of white people? loved the crap Donald Trump was selling
    Kittylady likes this.

I was a Bernie supporter who wrote in a vote for Joe Biden in the election.

I find Hillary Clinton to be an insincere panderer. She's a consummate politician, I'll give her that.
    greysfang, joebob and Lalasnake like this.

What are nearly all politicians but insincere panderers of varying degrees? That argument doesn't make sense to me.
    *Kat*, Kittylady, czb and 2 others like this.

The ones that are winners manage to come off as not fake.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

If Hillary Clinton Had Won: The New Yorker Cover

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/co...w-yorker-cover
    stella blue and panic like this.

I will never understand our distain for people who seem competent. If she is over prepared, we think she is fake. If she seems educated on the topic, then she is an elitist. After my first interview for the job I currently have, I was told by one of the people on the interview team that folks thought I was "too prepared", that I seemed fake because my answers to their questions were "too perfect." I am not kidding...at least one person in the room didn't like me because I cam prepared for the interview and I did my research on the organization and their needs. As a society we really have a problem with people who seem too polished.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information