Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New low for Glen Beck: smears Obama's parents 'mother was a commie'

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I don't listen to Glen Beck. Barack Obama may say publicly that his mom was a wonderful force in his life, but he was basically raised by his grandparents starting at the age of 10. She lived with him briefly in Hawaii for a couple of years, then went back to Indonesia in 1974, leaving him with his grandparents pretty much indefinitely.
    I still don't get how that is irresponsible. She ensured that they were well cared for and loved. It's not like the kids were left home alone. Sometimes extended families help raise kids.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I still don't get how that is irresponsible. She ensured that they were well cared for and loved. It's not like the kids were left home alone. Sometimes extended families help raise kids.
    I agree that people have different philosophies on this. After all, you have certain well-off parents who send their kids to boarding schools from a really young age.

And unfortunately I don't have any specific articles to cite at the moment, but I could have sworn that I had read that there was a real strain in the relationship between Barack and his mother. One article I saw said she was barely mentioned in his autobiography. He wasn't there when his mother passed away, but was there when his grandmother passed away. Other stuff like that.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

It's not irresponsible to leave your kids with loving grandparents. It happened when he was in high school and it was his choice to stay behind while she pursued her career opportunities. I've never heard anything other than he loved and admired his mother and the fact that he married a strong, intelligent woman makes me think he's tellling the truth about his mum.

Either way, Glen Beck is a cry-baby asshole who thinks it's 'funny' to make fun of anyone's upbringing. Who wants to bet he was beaten like a red-headed step-child as a kid?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

is this really a new low for either side? when have family members ever been off limits?
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

His mother wasn't a commie. She was a virgin and she gave birth to him during a trip to Bethlehem in a manger because there was no room at the inn......oh wait, I'm mixing up my mythological backstories.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I don't remember anyone throwing stones about the raising of a politician. Hell, remember the lady who called Hilary the word that rhymes with bitch? Even then it was gentle ribbing. This is just stupid and rotten and really, teh lady is dead so let it fucking go, either way.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

It has always been bad, all the way up to the first years of American politics. Then, there was the rumor that Grover Cleveland fathering a child out of wedlock. People showed up at campaign rallies with signs that said, "Ma, Ma. Where's my pa?"

Decades ago, there was a vice presidential candidate who broke down in front of reporters after they asked him about some mental problems his wife had.

Michael Dukakis took a lot of grief about his wife's prior alcohol problems.

Bill Clinton took abuse from people in the press implying that his mom was a dumb hick, and that his dad was a compulsive womanizer.

In the infamous 'Coffin Handbills' used by supporters of John Quincy Adams against Andrew Jackson in 1828 Jackson's mother was called a prostitute, and his wife an adulteress.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I would think we've moved past this stuff but apparently the more things change, the more they stay the same.

--Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    I would think we've moved past this stuff but apparently the more things change, the more they stay the same.
    I blame "the Internets".

I blame the assholes who put this shit out there.

--Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    I blame the assholes who put this shit out there.
    In a kind of related story, when I got back from running this morning, I saw the paper had a story about Barack Obama's Indonesian catholic school. They feel a little left out because, even though Obama spent about four times as long in the Catholic school as the Muslim school ("Besuki", I think), only the Muslim school gets mentioned.

Apparently, the Muslim school had (which is located in a very affluent part of Indonesia), early in the presidential campaign, marketed itself as Barack's childhood school, hoping for some positive publicity. Then, it backfired, when a bunch of conservatives and conspiracy theorists glommed onto this as proof that Obama had attended a "madrassa" and was the Manchurian Candidate.

Elite Member

Why should it even matter? Obama's mother has been dead 15 years, and the fact that Obama isn't a Commie should be obvious to anyone with even a hint of intelligence (yes, that excludes Beck) .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information