Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Israeli Prez. gives US gov its new marching orders: "Bomb Iran or we will"

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

^^That is scary. We do not need to be dragged into another conflict. Our unswerving support of Isreal is going to be a problem for us one day.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

One day? Thats whats gotten us into most of our messes to begin with! All based on the Bible, its absolutely infuriating.

I just hope and pray that Obama doesn't cow to this nonsense and instead reverses some of our policies in the middle east. It would be disastrous to cow to Israel (once again) in bombing Iran. Iran's commander in chief is not Ahmadinajed, its the Supreme Leader, and Ahmadinajed likes to pretend like he's a badass but all he does is shoot his mouth off, he's a mouthpiece without any power. Khamenei will never allow Iran to bomb Israel without his express consent, and that will only happen if Israel attacks first. Israel is only provoking yet another unjust war here.

Netanyahu is an absolute disgrace, and I am disgusted that he was ever elected (and for the second time!). He just gets into office and already is espousing his plans for war. A smooth as he is, if Bill Clinton knows that you are a snake and a liar, then you better believe it. He already has stated that he will expand Israeli settlements in the West Bank and is against a two state solution and any peace talks. I love how he's stirring his masses by stating that Iran is "Nazi Germany" all over again. Once again, they will conjure up the Holocaust so they can defend killing of non-Jews, and ignore the fact that they've committed their own Holocaust in the West Bank. Its such blatant hypocrisy and so evil that it stirs up the rage inside me.

We already sat back once this year and let Israel commit egregious war crimes and a blatant civilian massacre. They don't need our permission to do it again, they never do. They are testing us to see if Obama will be a Bush v.2, and will help them participate in the killing of innocent people, or not.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

There should be some kind of planetwide moratorium on ever mentioning the fucking holocaust in spurious ways again.

it's so played out. omfg.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Israel dropping a nuke on Iran would not deter some Arab nation, or terrorist group, from striking back. Hell, Hamas is right in Israel's backyard and they would have a field day retaliating against the Israelies.

Do you really think that Iran, or even a terrorist group filled with suicide bombers, wouldn't think twice about getting hold of a nuke and dropping it on Israel? As far as they would be concerned it would be the perfect justification for a Holy War/Jihad and they would get their reward in the afterlife.

And Iran would have bigger fish to fry than striking out at the Saudi oil fields if Israel sends a nuke their way.
    That's not what I'm saying. Here is what I'm saying:

No Arab country has developed a nuke. Or has access to one, as far as intelligence data shows. Which is why Israel is pissed about Iran developing one.

Israel is threatening to drop bunker-buster bombs all over Iran's sites, like Natanz, to try to forestall the enrichment and bomb-development process. Israel did this to Saddam Hussein over 10 years ago, when he was developing nuclear capacity -- they utterly destroyed the site. Israel just did it again recently to Syria at a secret site of theirs.

Iran has hinted that if Israel bombs their enrichment sites, that they will fire missiles at the Saudi's oil refineries. So, they wouldn't be retaliating against Israel so much as retaliating against the U.S. and other world powers for supporting Israel. Most assuredly, Hezbollah would start harrassment bombing of Israel from Lebanon, while Hammas would try it from Gaza. I'm not entirely sure what Israel would do at that point, but it would be a very ugly situation.

And like I said, Israel has at least 40 nuclear missiles. They could turn the capitals of every surrounding Arab country into smoldering glass within hours -- if they chose to do so.

Netanyahu is threatening the bombing of Natanz and other sites because he wants the U.S. to do something about it instead of Israel. Ultimately, I think Israel is going to back down and Iran will become a nuclear power.

Oh, geez. So much war.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    That's not what I'm saying. Here is what I'm saying:

No Arab country has developed a nuke. Or has access to one, as far as intelligence data shows. Which is why Israel is pissed about Iran developing one.

Israel is threatening to drop bunker-buster bombs all over Iran's sites, like Natanz, to try to forestall the enrichment and bomb-development process. Israel did this to Saddam Hussein over 10 years ago, when he was developing nuclear capacity -- they utterly destroyed the site. Israel just did it again recently to Syria at a secret site of theirs.
    Would that be the same intelligence data that said that Iraq had WMD's? No one can say with absolute certainty whether or not an Arab country or terrorist group can gain access to a nuke. That's why the issue of loose nukes is such a major concern.

And bombing a secret site in Syria and bombing several sites in Iran are two different things. Syria's not much of a threat in the Middle East, Iran is.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Iran has hinted that if Israel bombs their enrichment sites, that they will fire missiles at the Saudi's oil refineries. So, they wouldn't be retaliating against Israel so much as retaliating against the U.S. and other world powers for supporting Israel. Most assuredly, Hezbollah would start harrassment bombing of Israel from Lebanon, while Hammas would try it from Gaza. I'm not entirely sure what Israel would do at that point, but it would be a very ugly situation.

And like I said, Israel has at least 40 nuclear missiles. They could turn the capitals of every surrounding Arab country into smoldering glass within hours -- if they chose to do so.

Netanyahu is threatening the bombing of Natanz and other sites because he wants the U.S. to do something about it instead of Israel. Ultimately, I think Israel is going to back down and Iran will become a nuclear power.
    And Iran can hint that they'll strike out at the Saudi oil fields all they want, and they may even do it. But they've made it clear that they want to wipe Israel off the map. Any strike from Israel will lead to open war with Iran and a few other Arab nations. And Israel knows it.

Netanyahu is just posturing at this point, because he knows that Israel can't fight the entire Arab world without U.S. support. And he's just trying to pressure Obama into striking out at Iran and doing Israel's dirty work for them. But I agree with you on both counts that Israel will back down and Iran will become a nuclear power.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    There should be some kind of planetwide moratorium on ever mentioning the fucking holocaust in spurious ways again.

That racist piece of shit Avigdor Lieberman is even worse about mentioning the Holocaust. Lieberman is one sick puppy, he's even worse than Bush in his "for us or against us" mentality. At least Bush didn't want us to sign loyalty papers or lose our citizenship. How that piece of shit is even still in politics after his numerous scandals is beyond me, much less how he has any support. He's like the Ann Coulter of Israel. Words cannot describe how much he disgusts me.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post

It's kind of like a 'reverse-Godwin' isn't it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information