Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: New Hampshire Primaries come to an end; precincts start reporting

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I don't see an ounce of sincerity in Hillary. She's hard as nails - has to be married to that philandering doofus. And why has the Vince Foster Incident and Whitewater apparently been expunged from her record? Talk about a cover up. While I'd love to see a woman President, I'd like to see someone with integrity, compassion and yes, warmth, please.
    meh, call me a cynic but i don't look for sincerity, compassion or warmth in a candidate. the best politicians are smart, manipulative, ambitious and capable of getting the job done and that's what i want them to do. i don't care if they're sneaky and macchiavelian as long as they are close to my politics/vision/beliefs.
    i don't have to 'like' a candidate. i never understood people that vote for the candidate they 'like' best - i vote for a party first and foremost and what they represent, not the one i'd rather sit down and have a drink with.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

A*O

Yes but the problem is that people don't vote for the party, they vote for the candidate? Like I say, I come from a totally different electoral system where these preliminary votes to weed out the no hope candidates just doesn't happen. In my system (UK and now Australia) the party already has a leader and you vote for the whole package.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

^^^
    yeah, i like the parliamentary system better. i find it's more about the politics, less about the candidate. people forget that what's important are the people surrounding the candidate.
    unfortunately, shit like this is what gets morons like chavez and w. bush elected. i swear, people should take an IQ and general culture test before being allowed to vote.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I support hilary, and if she doesn't get the Dem ticket, it's Obama all the way....but why is it that people seem to dislike Hilary?

what is it about her that people/dislike/distrust....I'm curious.
    Talent Works, Genius Creates

A*O

^^^ See my previous post. Whitewater and Vince Foster. I'm not American so I guess I'm not entitled to any view but since the USA is so influential in whatever happens in the Rest Of The World [waves, remember us?] then I think we should be interested and engaged in what's going on with this election.
    Dame Edna Everage

I'm glad Clinton won. Makes things far more interesting now. Fields wide open, anyone's game. I love it.

Super Tuesday should be freaking great.

so, i'm not super good with politics, but is there any chance that if hilary won the nomination, would she ask obama to be her vp? or vice versa?

^^Have been wondering the exact same thing myself....and have no idea.

hilary-obama would be a dream ticket!

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    And why has the Vince Foster Incident and Whitewater apparently been expunged from her record?
    hmmm, because they were unfounded accusations (read: dirty, filthy lies) started by the Republicans to smear Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by DoveFeatheredRaven View Post
    I just scanned the link and what I read before didn't have anything to do with him being Muslim. It was about the church he belongs to having messages like "We are Black and God's Chosen." It just turned me off. If a white church had that on their website, people would have an absolute bovine FIT. I was led to the site by a reputable article about him and, if I recall, the site was his actual church site. I was investigating his church. It just came across as divisive to me.
    I think you misread their message. No where do the say “We are Black and God's chosen.” Instead, they reaffirm that they are of African heritage and believe to have been chosen to spread the word of God. (I least that's what I got from it.) I don't think they're saying that they are superior to any other race. I've heard other churches/religions refer to themselves as “God's chosen.” It's a rather typical sentiment. You can disagree but there's nothing usual about it or anymore divisive as any other church that refers to themselves in the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
    what is it about her that people/dislike/distrust....I'm curious.
    Because she's an uppity woman who doesn't show emotion...or does..or, damn I don't know why either.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    I'm glad Clinton won. Makes things far more interesting now. Fields wide open, anyone's game. I love it.
    Me too! This race just got gooood.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i like obama but i think he's a bit too 'green' for this race. hilary has the backing, the experience, the savvy...
    i might agree more with obama but i'm rooting for hilary cause i like her and i think the democrats have a better chance with her as candidate.
    anything to get the fucking republicans out of office... it's not just bad for the US, the rest of the world has to suffer the consequences of your country's poor choice.
    Yeah, I agree that Obama is a little 'green,' while Hillary has more Washington experience. But I don't think the Dems have a better shot at winning with her over Obama as the candidate. I mean, on a national level a lot of people just straight up HATE Hillary, and wouldn't vote for her if there was a gun to their head.

And while there are some people who hate Obama, for whatever reason, his big win in Iowa shows that he's got a little more clout on a national level than Hillary. I mean, the fact that a black man could win that big in Iowa, of all places, says something.

But as I keep saying, the two should just join forces, and that would be the best solution.

Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    so, i'm not super good with politics, but is there any chance that if hilary won the nomination, would she ask obama to be her vp? or vice versa?
    I can answer this. Honestly, Hell will freeze over before this happens. There is some serious bad blood between Obama and Hilary. They frankly cannot stand eachother. Unless something dramatic happens and they come to a we-cant-stand-eachother-but-its-what-is-best-for-the-party agreement, a Hilary / Obama ticket just won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by DoveFeatheredRaven View Post
    I just scanned the link and what I read before didn't have anything to do with him being Muslim. It was about the church he belongs to having messages like "We are Black and God's Chosen." It just turned me off. If a white church had that on their website, people would have an absolute bovine FIT. I was led to the site by a reputable article about him and, if I recall, the site was his actual church site. I was investigating his church. It just came across as divisive to me.

Edit- this is the link: Trinity United Church of Christ

I am sure Obama is great, but Oprah supporting him is actually a turn-off for me.
    Here's a really great response to that whole debacle, from one of my collagegues:

"First, I grew up and went to Park Manor Church of Christ in Chicago,
    which is now called Park Manor Christian Church. I went there from
    1962 to 1974. During that span of time Chicago was in racial turmoil
    and many of the Churches were the only place where many of us could go
    for not just spritual fulfilment but social connection.

Chicago -- until this century -- has always been a very racially
    segregated and down right tough place to be. The Churches of Christ
    are common on the South Side of Chicago, which is predominantly Black.
    Now, because of this, Trinity calls itself a Black Church. It is.
    It has everything from neighborhood child care to counceling for its
    members who understand the unique problems that we face even today.

Remember Barack was a community organizer in the South Side of
    Chicago. He had to be part of the community and that called for being
    in a church that was active. That's Trinity.

But to paint it as racist is down right silly and ignorant. It's like
    saying that if I go to a Jewish place of worship then I and the church
    are biased against others. Not so.

Anyone is welcome at Trinity, but it's a church that understand the
    unique problems and culture of African Americans."

Hubby HATES Hillary. Said he won't vote if she gets the nom. He said, "she already had the job for 8 years, why does she want to do it again?" HAHA.

I think if Obama and Edwards would join forces, you would have an unstopable combination. I don't think Hillary and Obama could get over the fact they hate each other.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Yeah, I agree that Obama is a little 'green,' while Hillary has more Washington experience. But I don't think the Dems have a better shot at winning with her over Obama as the candidate. I mean, on a national level a lot of people just straight up HATE Hillary, and wouldn't vote for her if there was a gun to their head.

And while there are some people who hate Obama, for whatever reason, his big win in Iowa shows that he's got a little more clout on a national level than Hillary. I mean, the fact that a black man could win that big in Iowa, of all places, says something.

But as I keep saying, the two should just join forces, and that would be the best solution.
    ^^^ Exactly! Thats what I don't get...the Democrats should play this smart. Listen, I was just talking to my mom who is a hardline Republican from way back in the day. But she's disillusioned with her choices. She's thinking of voting Obama (and if you knew her, you'd be astounded, in a good way). Its amazing that someone such as her would be backing a democratic candidate. But never in her life would she ever vote for Hillary. Obama has the power to win the Independent vote and some of the Republican vote. Hillary will struggle to gain some of the Independent vote and will never surrender any Republicans to her cause. As an Independent, I will not vote for Hillary. I won't vote, period, if she's the Democratic candidate. Promoting her means we may see yet another Republican climb into the White House. Why aren't people seeing it straight and voting for the most ELECTABLE Democrat? And even in NH people were voting for her while saying she was less electable. How smart is that? It worries the hell out of me that we'll have yet another Repub in office because the Democrats can't see the bigger picture in this election and push through the person that is the most electable.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

A*O

But as far as I can see there isn't an electable Republican candidate either?
    Dame Edna Everage

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread Information