Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: New Hampshire Primaries come to an end; precincts start reporting

Yes, she did very well with females.

Oh, and I think you hit the nail on the head as to what happened. Because I was curious as to how McCain acquired so many votes as well.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    She alienates way too many people. In my hometown, people are being urged to vote AGAINST her, regardless of who she runs against - that shows how much she is disliked, however stupidly. I worry that she's so polarizing that she'll have some people come to the polls solely to vote against her, something I cannot see happening in other candidates.
    This is exactly what I see as well. I have family and grew up in TX and saying you like Hilary is grounds for being stoned (not really but nearly). Yet Obama has a surprising amount of support there.

And the same is true in CA, only less Hilary hate.

The thing with Hilary is that no one hasn't already made their mind up about Hilary. They either love her, or hate her and not much in-between. She just cannot win a national election. The Republicans think she's the second coming of Satan and will pull out every single dirty trick in the book to make sure she doesnt win. And she just doesn't appeal to people who were uninvolved with the political process, like Obama does.

Because I was curious as to how McCain acquired so many votes as well.
    I've said for awhile now that McCain is the sleeper canidate. He's very well-qualified to be President, and though he's a Republican, I'd feel very comfortable with him in charge, even as much of a flaming liberal as I am.

Laurent I'm glad you have a candidate that you are pleased with, no joke, I'm not saying that to be condescending either.
    I appreciate that - thanks. And you know, I'm one of those that'll flip and vote for Obama if he's the candidate, so you never know. I do think you're right that Hillary is polarizing. I can't deny she is, but I think some of it has to do more with people's feelings about Bill and about her being female, than about her and her politics. The rest she's come by in her own right, but I think she's got more than her record working against her. And to me, that sucks.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Gold Member

I like Hillary. I don't see her as being a fake. NH in general votes for experience. That's why McCain and Clinton won. Obama is fresh and young and very inspirational, but he doesn't know anyone in Washington and it does concern some voters.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

^^I like Hillary very much and always have. She is my first choice. Any other democrat would be my second. Britney would get my vote before I would ever vote republican.

My my, didn't we all just dip our tongues in some acid today.

Quote Originally Posted by crackho View Post
    ^^I like Hillary very much and always have. She is my first choice. Any other democrat would be my second. Britney would get my vote before I would ever vote republican.
    Oh, I love you, CrackHo! I'm with you. Hillary is my first choice, but I will back Obama in a heartbeat if he's the candidate.

I really like Obama.

I agree about voting for Obama if he's the candidate. But Obama supporters are going to have to vote for Hillary if she's the nomination (in the general election) if they want a democrat as president, otherwise a Repub will take her out.

I'm not surprised that Hillary won, even though I thought Obama would win in NH. But the fact that Obama soundly beat her in Iowa and then N.H. was a tight race is a sign that Hillary isn't as clear a front-runner as people thought she was last year.

Although the cynic in me thinks that Hillary's choking up on camera may have gotten her some sympathy votes in N.H.

Hey Dove (and anyone else who cares),
    I just wanted to let you know that your issue's with Obama's church are actually relating to some smear campaign thats been going on the past few days. Thank you for bringing that to my attention, I looked into it and it turned out there was an email circulating among conservative groups about this. Its all false and misinterpretation. I'm not sure of the exact nature of it yet, I've just read the sensationalized emails so far. I work as a volunteer publicist for ObamaLA, and the national campaign is aware of it and they will be posting a response / fact correction in reference to this exact issue on his national website shortly, here: BarackObama.com | Archive

It isn't up yet, but it will be. I can link you to a whole line of communication regarding this, or I can post it here. I dont want to start drama or perpetuate rumors. There is actually some question as to whether that website actually belongs to his church. I'm not sure yet.

Oh election drama. It starts now.

i like obama but i think he's a bit too 'green' for this race. hilary has the backing, the experience, the savvy...
    i might agree more with obama but i'm rooting for hilary cause i like her and i think the democrats have a better chance with her as candidate.
    anything to get the fucking republicans out of office... it's not just bad for the US, the rest of the world has to suffer the consequences of your country's poor choice.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

A*O

I don't see an ounce of sincerity in Hillary. She's hard as nails - has to be married to that philandering doofus. And why has the Vince Foster Incident and Whitewater apparently been expunged from her record? Talk about a cover up. While I'd love to see a woman President, I'd like to see someone with integrity, compassion and yes, warmth, please.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Yay for Hillary! I don't have a big problem with Obama, only that I don't really like his smile (crazy female instinct talking) and I objectivelly think he's too young for this and needs to wait a bit. But Hills has just won me over. I wish I could vote. I mean, you USians practically run the whole world, you should let the rest of us vote too.

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Calimoonchild View Post
    Hey Dove (and anyone else who cares),
    I just wanted to let you know that your issue's with Obama's church are actually relating to some smear campaign thats been going on the past few days. Thank you for bringing that to my attention, I looked into it and it turned out there was an email circulating among conservative groups about this. Its all false and misinterpretation. I'm not sure of the exact nature of it yet, I've just read the sensationalized emails so far. I work as a volunteer publicist for ObamaLA, and the national campaign is aware of it and they will be posting a response / fact correction in reference to this exact issue on his national website shortly, here: BarackObama.com | Archive
    I just scanned the link and what I read before didn't have anything to do with him being Muslim. It was about the church he belongs to having messages like "We are Black and God's Chosen." It just turned me off. If a white church had that on their website, people would have an absolute bovine FIT. I was led to the site by a reputable article about him and, if I recall, the site was his actual church site. I was investigating his church. It just came across as divisive to me.

Edit- this is the link: Trinity United Church of Christ

I am sure Obama is great, but Oprah supporting him is actually a turn-off for me.
    “Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?” George Carlin

A*O

It comes to something when a media personality, albeit an extremely wealthy and powerful one, can influence people's perception of particular candidates. I'm assuming that Oprah is bankrolling Obama's campaign?
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

I don't know if bankrolling is the word, but I am sure she is contributing and Oprah's endorsement alone is worth money as any author can tell you.
    “Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?” George Carlin

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information