Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: New Hampshire Primaries come to an end; precincts start reporting

^^ Me, too. He's an astounding speaker.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

What a fantastic speech. I have goosebumps. Seriously, he brings tears to my eyes, he makes me feel passion for politics for the first time in a looooong time.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Hell, that gave me goosebumps and I'm not even an Obama supporter.

I'm interested to see Hillary speak and see what she has to say.

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    What a fantastic speech. I have goosebumps. Seriously, he brings tears to my eyes, he makes me feel passion for politics for the first time in a looooong time.
    Me too. I was supposed to go spend a week in Nevada working for him next week and I am sooo bummed that I cant because of work. He makes me want to postpone my life and work to help him change the world.

I know that sounds so cheesy but its how I feel.

Its cool, Cali, thats how I feel too. Before I couldn't even be bothered, I was so disillusioned. My husband is laughing at me and how cheesy I am being. He sat down and watched him speak the other day and was like "okay, I'm in, where do I sign up?" Unfortunately he can't vote because he's not a citizen, just a legal resident. But I told him that for the first time I feel MOVED. I believe him when he speaks, and normally I'm so cynical!

Are we seeing the real-time projections, or do the campaigns have more accurate and up-to-date numbers? Because these are just projections, and Obama is still gaining on her, its back to 37% to 39%. Do they ever call it wrong?

As more precincts report, the percentages may be narrow, but the vote numbers may widen. Like right now Hillary is 7,000 votes ahead, but the percentage is smaller or the same than when she was only 4,000 votes ahead.

Cali, I love you! But I think they have very qualified analysts, I think this one is shot. I do think that someone can overtake a projected winner, but it would have to be an act of God. I seriously don't think its possible at this point.

Laurent, what did you think of Hill's speech?

Cali, I love you! But I think they have very qualified analysts, I think this one is shot. I do think that someone can overtake a projected winner, but it would have to be an act of God. I seriously don't think its possible at this point.
    I love you too! I'm just sitting here listening to her unexciting victory speech and staring at her ugly suit and wondering. She's not drawing me in, and she's bringin' back the cynic in me.

Cali, just our of curiosity, will you vote for Clinton if she is the next Democratic candidate? You don't have to answer if you don't want to.

Laurent, what did you think of Hill's speech?
    She's no Obama in the public speaking department.

But, you know I agree with her politics for the most part, and that's about as good as it gets. There's no one I agree totally with, or trust completely, but Hillary lines up about as closely as I'm likely to get.

In other (more important ) news, Bill looks like he's lost a shit load of weight. Chelsea looks really good - great actually. I wonder if she's nipped and tucked a tad, or if she's just grown into her looks.

Cali, just our of curiosity, will you vote for Clinton if she is the next Democratic candidate? You don't have to answer if you don't want to.
    No way. Not a chance in hell. That was easy.

And am I the only one who found her 'crying' to be SO fake??? My god, why is she getting so much credit for being 'authentic'? I think that was so contrived and it insulted me because I'm like, oh so now you're trotting out the tears? have you no shame and do you not realize that people cannot be manipulated by your focus-group-tested song and dance?

Laurent I'm glad you have a candidate that you are pleased with, no joke, I'm not saying that to be condescending either.

Cali, I didn't think her crying was fake, I just wasn't swayed one way or the other regarding it. Are you an Independent as well? This is what concerns me. Because quite frankly I want to see a Democrat in office next year, and I don't see Hillary as able to pull in the Independent vote. She alienates way too many people. In my hometown, people are being urged to vote AGAINST her, regardless of who she runs against - that shows how much she is disliked, however stupidly. I worry that she's so polarizing that she'll have some people come to the polls solely to vote against her, something I cannot see happening in other candidates. Like I said, she won't ever win my vote, I guess I would just stay home. But its a shame.

I doubt the "tears" were why she won though. I think independent voters who were going to vote for Obama got overconfident because of all the votes and may have crossed over to the Republican side (and voted for McCain). Apparently Hilary did really well with female voters and better with young voters than expected.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information