Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Hampshire Primaries come to an end; precincts start reporting

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    Obama has that believability and hope following him. I haven't felt this way about a politician since I started voting. I remember seeing him speak at the 2004 DNC committee I was in AWE!!
    Yeah, I haven't been inspired by a politician since Bill Clinton. And the one thing that helps Obama is, like Bill, he's a GREAT speaker. They both know how to work a crowd and captivate an audience with their words. I think that's one of Hillary's biggest stumbling blocks, she tends to come off as too cold and serious.

And personality goes a long way in elections. Which is why George Dumbass Bush got elected twice because, minus all of the shady things he did, he does have personality.

But I still think the smartest thing Obama and Hillary could do is to join forces when one of them wins the party nomination. That would be a virtually unbeatable ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by nycgirly101 View Post
    they're playing it on CNN, it's on cnn.com too

right now clinton 40, obama 36
    CNN and MSNBC

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Yeah, I haven't been inspired by a politician since Bill Clinton. And the one thing that helps Obama is, like Bill, he's a GREAT speaker. They both know how to work a crowd and captivate an audience with their words. I think that's one of Hillary's biggest stumbling blocks, she tends to come off as too cold and serious.

And personality goes a long way in elections. Which is why George Dumbass Bush got elected twice because, minus all of the shady things he did, he does have personality.

But I still think the smartest thing Obama and Hillary could do is to join forces when one of them wins the party nomination. That would be a virtually unbeatable ticket.
    I am having a little tiff with Bill right now!! But, YES the best thing for them to so is to join forces, combine like Voltron and be a strong, united ticket!!
    Last edited by Tati; January 9th, 2008 at 02:29 PM.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post

so doesn't that imply we shouldn't be voting for candidates based on personality?

Romney is conceding NH to McCain.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Gold Member

That was a huge loss for him. He should have run as a moderate, he would have done so much better.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

I'm really shocked that Clinton is so far ahead at this point. I know there is plenty of time left, but the early polls showed Obama was going to be the clear winner, outside the margin of error. I am still hoping Obama pulls through, man he inspires me.

Now they are saying that Clinton is at 39%, Obama at 36%. They also said that some of the college towns hadn't been counted, and that they leaned towards Obama. So we'll see.
    Last edited by Tati; January 9th, 2008 at 02:30 PM.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Obama could absolutely still win, it's too soon to tell right now one way or the other

Clinton and Obama are about 3-4 thousand votes apart, so it could go either way. Though, I hope the trend holds.

me too lol ^^ not that I dislike Obama, I just like Hillary more.

McCain is making his winner's speech. Meh, whatever. This was like the opening act, I'm waiting for the headliners.

McCain is so cheesy, I just cannot fathom why anyone would vote for him. He reminds me of an eccentric old grandpa. "I will chase Osama even into the gates of hell!" or something to that effect - give me a break.

I would never guess McCain is 71 years-old if I didn't know better, though.

Botox?

Must be. I didn't realize until earlier how old he actually was. His trophy wife is fairly pretty though. She must be 30 + years younger than him?

it's clinton 39, obama 37 now

could really go either way

Go, go Obama! You know I'm just ribbing you guys, I hope no one takes it the wrong way that I'm cheering on Obama. I know politics can make people a little irritable, but you all know that I love ya!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information