Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: National Enquirer story this week- Track and Bristol Palin drama

Maybe Cindy McCain was Track's dealer

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

I just can't believe some of this stuff. I hope they can prove it. They need a 60 minutes or dateline undercover talking to their friends. It's all going to fall apart.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    The Enquirer better have some solid back-up for this or they're gonna get hung out to dry ... one major difference between Repubs and Dems is the kind of lawyers they have ....

well, Edwards *was* an attorney and that didn't stop them. I was an Edwards supporter all the way, I voted for him in his senatorial elections and I was proud he was my senator, and supported him in both primaries, but I have to say that since it happened this way his story was the perfect set up for this one because the repubs can't claim partisanship with regard to the Enquirer (I just think that Elizabeth Edwards is the one that suffered in this and that is a travesty). I think they know the drill, they know the public figure has to prove malice, the pics of Bristaholic's posing with booze are all over the internet, the whole town and now the country knows that Track was given a choice between the army or jail. Trust me, the Enquirer had this in the bag before they even printed it.

Rove isn't stupid and I think they chose this candidate because she is in fact so flawed. Because the righties that mouth all the talk about morality are also tremendously flawed, none of them can walk their talk but they aren't astute or brave enough to figure out they should just give up the whole charade and get real. So they can relate to a first class hypocrite like S-aryan better than they can a straightforward type like Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    Mooselini!!! hahaha

Ok, I'm not up to snuff on all the drugs, so to speak. People SNORT and smoke Oxycontin?? I thought it was pure pill-popping!
    Quite a lot of pills are snorted. The mucus membranes in the nose allow faster absorption = quicker high. Smoking pills is similar to smoking anything other drug (minus pot).
    Tin foil + lighter + drug = 1 brain cell.
    The companies that manufacture Oxy are now creating 'crush proof pills.' The pills are supposed to turn to jelly when the pills are crushed.

I know way too much about pharmaceuticals....purely through research....honestly....don't look at me like that.

I thikn this is true, but it will not matter to the fundies! Keep in mind the old tale of the "preachers kids." History has shown that the preachers kids are the "worst" in the neighborhood. Religious fundies are accustomed to forgiving "good parents" for having "bad kids." They will just brush this off...like they do with everything else that makes them look bad. Remember, God forgives...all you have to do is ask.

I better not ever run for office. The skeletons in my closet would make those kids look like angels. BTW - My mom was great. My rebellion had nothing to do with her parenting.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by Str8_uncut-jock View Post
    I thikn this is true, but it will not matter to the fundies! Keep in mind the old tale of the "preachers kids." History has shown that the preachers kids are the "worst" in the neighborhood. Religious fundies are accustomed to forgiving "good parents" for having "bad kids." They will just brush this off...like they do with everything else that makes them look bad. Remember, God forgives...all you have to do is ask.
    Exactly.. the only people that care about this are the Dems. The Repubs will say "Oh..he was on drugs but he joined the army to turn his life around..he's really trying to straighten up". Yadda..yadda.

And until I get something more than hearsay from a 17 year old kid who alledgedly knows Track and Bristol..I'm not buying it. Everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame.

It's actually sad that the Enquirer is running this. Not that I had respect for them as a newspaper before.

Elite Member

I'm no fan of Palin, but I'd have to say that her mothering skills have little to do with her ability to govern. The most damning thing that can be said is that she let her career take precedence over taking care of her family, but that's sexism, y'all.

even if it's true it means she has as much control over her 17 and 18 year old kids as most parents....which is to say none......

You can raise children well and they can still turn out to be trouble.....as anyone that's ever seen a family with a troubled kid would know...same parents raise a few kids, all the same way, and some turn out good and some don't.......that's life

Joe Biden's daughter was arrested for assaulting a police officer a couple of years ago during a drunken college brawl.....I wonder if the people condemning Palin's parenting feel that way about Biden's.....

You can do your best with kids, but when they they reach a certain age they make their own choices and decisions, and being young sometimes they don't make the best ones

None of the candidates children's actions have any bearing on the candidates ability to do the jobs they are running for
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    I'm no fan of Palin, but I'd have to say that her mothering skills have little to do with her ability to govern. The most damning thing that can be said is that she let her career take precedence over taking care of her family, but that's sexism, y'all.
    they are related. some people are not cut out to be mothers, she is obviously one of them, and for the intelligent people out there who are astute enough to realize this about themselves, she has no stinking right to deny them access to abortion, just because she's too stupid to realize what a crappy parent she herself is. No wonder she thinks there is nothing wrong with making a 12 year old bear her rapist father or uncle's child; kids, including her own, are not real to her, they are just objects of narcissistic reflection (typical symptom of a borderline personality parent) and serve no purpose that doesn't relate to the parent.

edit: also re: Bristol Palin I absolutely believe her actions are related to her mother's policies and it's naive to claim otherwise. Mom only believes in abstinence-only education and she has a pregnant teenager to show for it. Statistics show that abstinence only programs not only don't work but they produce teen pregnancy and spread venereal disease. It's a perfect visual aid for what Sarah Palin's vision for America is.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by ymeman View Post
    they are related. some people are not cut out to be mothers, she is obviously one of them, and for the intelligent people out there who are astute enough to realize this about themselves, she has no stinking right to deny them access to abortion, just because she's too stupid to realize what a crappy parent she herself is. No wonder she thinks there is nothing wrong with making a 12 year old bear her rapist father or uncle's child; kids, including her own, are not real to her, they are just objects of narcissistic reflection (typical symptom of a borderline personality parent) and serve no purpose that doesn't relate to the parent.

edit: also re: Bristol Palin I absolutely believe her actions are related to her mother's policies and it's naive to claim otherwise. Mom only believes in abstinence-only education and she has a pregnant teenager to show for it. Statistics show that abstinence only programs not only don't work but they produce teen pregnancy and spread venereal disease. It's a perfect visual aid for what Sarah Palin's vision for America is.
    Agree 100% on the abortion part! I'm pro-choice and don't believe anyone should have a say of what you do with your body. Esp. in cases on incest and rape!

But..what about the other million teenagers that get pregnant who have had the birds and the bees talk with their parents?? Teenagers are going to do what they're going to do regardless... In fact, I think I read something like about 22 percent of teens who give birth became pregnant on purpose. Scary stuff.

I blame Palin for a lot of things.. but this is still not one of them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information