Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31

Thread: MSNBC's anchor's Chelsea Clinton comment angers Hillary Clinton

  1. #16
    Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    you already know.
    Posts
    44,442

    Default

    omg chelsea is older than me! i think she can take this kind of shit, oh wait, i forgot she's a national treasure jeebus!


    damn only children, soooooo coddled and spoiled.

  2. #17
    Elite Member crumpet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!
    Posts
    7,751

    Default

    I see your point, Crumpet.

    Thanks. All I really meant to say was that his language was too casual and crass for that venue. I took a wrong turn somehwere!

    damn only children, soooooo coddled and spoiled.
    Yes, we are. We can't help it!!!!!

  3. #18
    Elite Member darksithbunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    14,539

    Default

    Hillary pimping Chelsea out? I think Chelsea is old enough to do that herself so that remark was uncalled for.

  4. #19
    Silver Member LastLook's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    563

    Default

    Another example of vitriol disguised as "reporting."

    This is how the conservatives plan on beating Hillary. No doubt they're pumping money into Obama's campaign.

    Think it's odd that, in light of 9/11, terrorism, and how much it's been exploited for gain in the last two elections, that there's been basically NO mention of Barack's middle name, or supposed muslim connections? (I mean, we ARE talking about politics here. It ain't pretty, reasonable, or fair). Ever notice how the media (even CNN, the supposedly "liberal" news station) heavily downplays anything positive in Clinton's campaign and takes every opportunity to subtly give anything related to her a negative connotation? And with Obama, it's as if the media coronated him months ago, in an effort to engender a "Hey, let's get on this purely positive bandwagon! No more negative politics! This guy's alright!" sentiment in the electorate.

    The "liberal" media is a myth that (if memory serves) was fostered by the Nixon administration in an attempt to cover its own ass in respose to Watergate. Honestly, who do you think controls the dissemination of "information" (read: propaganda)? The guys with the big bucks, the corporations...guys like Rupert Murdoch, who owns Fox News and the Wall Street Journal. There is almost no real journalism anymore, what we are getting is a highly focused message disguised as reporting. How do you think Bush has gotten such a free pass?

    I think these hard-core conservatives hate Hillary so passionately because they genuinely fear her. Obama has star power, but I think they see him as naive politically, and are willing to hedge their bets on that. Once the primaries are over, all the "golden boy" stuff would end, the gloves would come off, as well as the muslim/hussein etc. issues....Hillary's experienced at fighting them. He's not. And I suspect, in their eyes, even if he somehow does win, they are likely to regain the presidency in 2012, because it will be difficult for anyone to clean up the mess Bush has created. The public has a short attention span, and the conservative machine is very good at twisting reality. I don't doubt that whoever gets into office will somehow be at fault for all the things that have happened in Iraq.

    Sorry if this post sounds overly negative or bitter, that's not my intention! I just get so frustrated because sometimes it feels like 8 years ago all over again. I'm not sure why others don't see it.
    Burt Johnson: I don't drink because drinking affects your decision-making.
    Arthur: You may be right. I can't decide.

  5. #20
    Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    you already know.
    Posts
    44,442

    Default


  6. #21
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LastLook View Post
    Another example of vitriol disguised as "reporting."

    This is how the conservatives plan on beating Hillary. No doubt they're pumping money into Obama's campaign.
    I don't think the conservatives have to pump money into Obama's campaign or use vitriol disguised as 'reporting' to beat Hillary. Obama is doing a good enough job of beating Hillary all by himself.

    Quote Originally Posted by LastLook View Post
    Think it's odd that, in light of 9/11, terrorism, and how much it's been exploited for gain in the last two elections, that there's been basically NO mention of Barack's middle name, or supposed muslim connections? (I mean, we ARE talking about politics here. It ain't pretty, reasonable, or fair). Ever notice how the media (even CNN, the supposedly "liberal" news station) heavily downplays anything positive in Clinton's campaign and takes every opportunity to subtly give anything related to her a negative connotation? And with Obama, it's as if the media coronated him months ago, in an effort to engender a "Hey, let's get on this purely positive bandwagon! No more negative politics! This guy's alright!" sentiment in the electorate.
    Why would anybody make an issue out of Obama's name? The man couldn't control the fact that his middle name is Hussein and that his last name sounds like Osama. Besides, the name thing and the alleged Muslim connections have already been mentioned, more than once, by the media.

    And I find it funny that you mention how the media seems to have coronated Obama, when the fact of the matter is up until a few months ago, Hillary was the annointed front-runner. What's happened is that Obama has started to kick Hillary's ass in the primaries, and the media sees that Obama is the more electable candidate.

    Now, I'll admit that there is some media bias toward the Clintons, but that bias was still there when Hillary was being hailed by the media.

    Quote Originally Posted by LastLook View Post
    I think these hard-core conservatives hate Hillary so passionately because they genuinely fear her. Obama has star power, but I think they see him as naive politically, and are willing to hedge their bets on that. Once the primaries are over, all the "golden boy" stuff would end, the gloves would come off, as well as the muslim/hussein etc. issues....Hillary's experienced at fighting them. He's not. And I suspect, in their eyes, even if he somehow does win, they are likely to regain the presidency in 2012, because it will be difficult for anyone to clean up the mess Bush has created. The public has a short attention span, and the conservative machine is very good at twisting reality. I don't doubt that whoever gets into office will somehow be at fault for all the things that have happened in Iraq.
    Conservatives have hated Hillary for a variety of reasons since the early 90's. I don't think it's because they fear her. They just don't like her.

    And I'm sure if Obama gets the nomination the gloves will come off. But if anybody tries to make an issue out of his name or the alleged Muslim connections then it's going to blow up in their faces, because NEITHER is a relevant issue.

    And it wouldn't matter if the Democratic candidate facing Hillary was Obama or anybody else. The conservatives hate her so much they would NEVER vote for Hillary. But don't forget, part of the mess that Bush created was the war in Iraq, which Hillary voted for. And Hillary also wants us to have permanent bases in Iraq, even though we illegally invaded the country.

    Quote Originally Posted by LastLook View Post
    Sorry if this post sounds overly negative or bitter, that's not my intention! I just get so frustrated because sometimes it feels like 8 years ago all over again. I'm not sure why others don't see it.
    I agree it does seem like eight years ago again. You have Hillary trying to ride into the White House on her last name, because she feels an entitlement to the presidency because a family member already held the job. Just like George W. Bush.

  7. #22
    Hit By Ban Bus! pacific breeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    in the wild blue yonder
    Posts
    15,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LastLook View Post
    Another example of vitriol disguised as "reporting."

    This is how the conservatives plan on beating Hillary. No doubt they're pumping money into Obama's campaign.

    Think it's odd that, in light of 9/11, terrorism, and how much it's been exploited for gain in the last two elections, that there's been basically NO mention of Barack's middle name, or supposed muslim connections? (I mean, we ARE talking about politics here. It ain't pretty, reasonable, or fair). Ever notice how the media (even CNN, the supposedly "liberal" news station) heavily downplays anything positive in Clinton's campaign and takes every opportunity to subtly give anything related to her a negative connotation? And with Obama, it's as if the media coronated him months ago, in an effort to engender a "Hey, let's get on this purely positive bandwagon! No more negative politics! This guy's alright!" sentiment in the electorate.

    The "liberal" media is a myth that (if memory serves) was fostered by the Nixon administration in an attempt to cover its own ass in respose to Watergate. Honestly, who do you think controls the dissemination of "information" (read: propaganda)? The guys with the big bucks, the corporations...guys like Rupert Murdoch, who owns Fox News and the Wall Street Journal. There is almost no real journalism anymore, what we are getting is a highly focused message disguised as reporting. How do you think Bush has gotten such a free pass?

    I think these hard-core conservatives hate Hillary so passionately because they genuinely fear her. Obama has star power, but I think they see him as naive politically, and are willing to hedge their bets on that. Once the primaries are over, all the "golden boy" stuff would end, the gloves would come off, as well as the muslim/hussein etc. issues....Hillary's experienced at fighting them. He's not. And I suspect, in their eyes, even if he somehow does win, they are likely to regain the presidency in 2012, because it will be difficult for anyone to clean up the mess Bush has created. The public has a short attention span, and the conservative machine is very good at twisting reality. I don't doubt that whoever gets into office will somehow be at fault for all the things that have happened in Iraq.

    Sorry if this post sounds overly negative or bitter, that's not my intention! I just get so frustrated because sometimes it feels like 8 years ago all over again. I'm not sure why others don't see it.
    Excellent post, and you have nothing to be sorry about. After more than 20 years in journalism, it's getting harder and harder to be proud of my profession. But there are good journalists out there doing good work, and I try to teach responsible journalism.

    On another note, Barack will never have to face the "journalistic" comments of someone like Rush Limbaugh whose most trenchant contribution to the discussion of why Hillary Clinton should not be elected was that "America will have to watch a woman growing old."

    I think that speaks volumes as to conservative "thought" processes.

  8. #23
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,483

    Default

    The conservatives would be stupid to pump money into Obama's campaign. They should be pumping money into HILLARY'S campaign; she polls worse against McCain than Obama does. Most conservatives I know want Hillary to win the Democratic nomination, and I know about a dozen who plan to vote for her in Texas's upcoming Democrat primary. They're scared shitless of Obama.

  9. #24
    Elite Member *DIVA!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,742

    Default

    Well, I don't see anything wrong with what he said, he was just stating the truth!! A lot of people feel that way, but that was neither the time or place for him to say it..that's something you'd whisper to Keith Olberman...or say out loud to friends. The Clinton's are only reacting this way because it is true, and they don't want it brought to the attention of the voting public!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

    I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

  10. #25
    Elite Member nycgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    Well, I don't see anything wrong with what he said, he was just stating the truth!! A lot of people feel that way, but that was neither the time or place for him to say it..that's something you'd whisper to Keith Olberman...or say out loud to friends. The Clinton's are only reacting this way because it is true, and they don't want it brought to the attention of the voting public!!
    I think it's wrong because he's supposed to be unbiased and professional. He's a "journalist," not a commentator on Best Week Ever.

  11. #26
    Hit By Ban Bus! pacific breeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    in the wild blue yonder
    Posts
    15,479

    Default

    ^^I don't think it is "true."

  12. #27
    Elite Member *DIVA!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    ^^I don't think it is "true."
    No, he said it. I just don't think it should've been this big stink about it. There were a lot of things said about the Bush twins during Bush's re-election that were far worse. I think if it was another candidate's kid it wouldn't have been blown out this much. True he is a journalist, but he wasn't lying!!

    Quote Originally Posted by LastLook View Post
    Another example of vitriol disguised as "reporting."

    This is how the conservatives plan on beating Hillary. No doubt they're pumping money into Obama's campaign.

    Think it's odd that, in light of 9/11, terrorism, and how much it's been exploited for gain in the last two elections, that there's been basically NO mention of Barack's middle name, or supposed muslim connections? (I mean, we ARE talking about politics here. It ain't pretty, reasonable, or fair). Ever notice how the media (even CNN, the supposedly "liberal" news station) heavily downplays anything positive in Clinton's campaign and takes every opportunity to subtly give anything related to her a negative connotation? And with Obama, it's as if the media coronated him months ago, in an effort to engender a "Hey, let's get on this purely positive bandwagon! No more negative politics! This guy's alright!" sentiment in the electorate.
    The fact that any conservative who is completely aligned with the values of this current administration donating money to someone who swings further to the left than Hillary is absurd. I don't see what his name have to do with 9/11. The fact that there are people that believe that proves that the repukes have already started their crap. The insinuation that he's a muslim, or somehow has an affiliation with terrorism is complete fear propaganda, and nobody with a valued research system will mention this because it will backfire, since it is well known of his background and religious affiliation. I don't know what shows on CNN that you are watching, because they were and are Pro Hillary 24/7. They have just started doing the same for Obama, so I guess it is to much airtime for him!

    Quote Originally Posted by LastLook View Post
    I think these hard-core conservatives hate Hillary so passionately because they genuinely fear her. Obama has star power, but I think they see him as naive politically, and are willing to hedge their bets on that. Once the primaries are over, all the "golden boy" stuff would end, the gloves would come off, as well as the muslim/hussein etc. issues....Hillary's experienced at fighting them. He's not.
    They don't fear her, they just hate her with a passion. And trust me they will run Hillary through the mud worse than him, all they have to do is align her with the right enough, bring up the Lincoln bedroom scandals, remind folks of her dealings with whitewater, her lobbyist friends, and she's dead where she stands!

    The fact that the only people that have gone negative in this election season are the Clinton's and the Republicans...that says a lot!! Why do you have to drag someone through the mud with lies that in the end will make that person and their campaign look like idiots...like when Clinton's campaign brought up Obama's drug use on the sly!!
    Only crooks and cheaters have to go dirty..especially win they are being beat badly fair and square!!
    Last edited by *DIVA!; February 13th, 2008 at 03:20 AM.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

    I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

  13. #28
    Hit By Ban Bus! pacific breeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    in the wild blue yonder
    Posts
    15,479

    Default

    I don't believe that Hillary has "pimped out" -- what a disgusting expression -- her daughter, no matter what idiot waste of space who happens to call himself a journalist thinks.

  14. #29
    Elite Member Chilly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Trolltopia
    Posts
    29,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    And Hillary also wants us to have permanent bases in Iraq, even though we illegally invaded the country.
    That's not true.

    Press release from Nov 2007:

    Washington, DC Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton called on President Bush today to clarify the recently signed Declaration of Principles for a Long-Term Relationship of Cooperation and Friendship Between the Republic of Iraq and the United States of America to confirm that the United States does not plan to place any permanent bases within Iraq and instead plans to begin the phased redeployment of U.S. troops. In a letter to the President, Senator Clinton expressed great concern that the Declaration of Principles did not explicitly indicate that the United States will not seek and will not maintain permanent military bases in Iraq, despite the clear will of Congress and the American people.
    "The President must make it crystal clear that the United States will not maintain permanent bases in Iraq," Senator Clinton said. "They would damage U.S. interests in Iraq and the broader region, and I will continue to strongly oppose them."
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-



  15. #30
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    51,873

    Default

    ^^^
    that makes sense. i didn't support the war but now that the damage is done, the US can't just pull out at once and leave the country they invaded and destroyed to implode. they broke it, now they have to stay and tough it out and fix it the best they can. a phased approach makes more sense.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Chelsea Clinton
    By celeb_2006 in forum Just Plain Scary
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: January 6th, 2008, 06:56 PM
  2. Chelsea Clinton’s second rate seat at Starbucks
    By DontMindMe in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: December 6th, 2007, 12:41 PM
  3. Hillary Clinton parts with Bill Clinton on Social Security crisis
    By JamieElizabeth in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: October 16th, 2007, 04:06 PM
  4. Chelsea Clinton at the Winter Ballet Ball [2/15/2006]
    By muchlove in forum Photo Archive
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: February 16th, 2006, 08:30 AM
  5. Chelsea Clinton @ United Nations event
    By SVZ in forum Photo Archive
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: November 20th, 2005, 05:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •