Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MSNBC: who shouldn't be blamed

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    Both bills were horrible. Full of pork that had nothing to do with the economic crisis. And with the majority of the American public opposed to the bailout, this ended as it should.

Why and the world should any US citizen and taxpayer bail out foreign banks? Screw that.
    That is the biggest problem with Congress. Happens constantly and needs to be addressed. This "Yeah,I'll vote for your bill,just let me add on this extra bridge in my state. Won't add more than a few hundred million & we'll both be happy"
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

it was not full of pork. she got 2 bills confused.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

The first one was chock full. The second one not so much, but still a bad bill overall.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

no, i thought we had cleared that up. The bills you were thinking of were 2 seperate ones.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Both bills were horrible. Full of pork that had nothing to do with the economic crisis. And with the majority of the American public opposed to the bailout, this ended as it should.

Why and the world should any US citizen and taxpayer bail out foreign banks? Screw that.
    You keep saying that, but I can't find anything in the House bill that isn't related to the crisis. The only expenditures I see mentioned are the $250 Billion initial payment, the $100 Billion followup payment, and the $350 Billion payment that is subject to congressional action. All of the other expenditures that you have repeatedly mentioned do not show up in this bill.

I'll admit that I haven't read all 109 pages of the bill in detail, but I have searched the bill for all dollar amounts and there are no mentions of other expenditures, just various limits and a modification to the limit on public debt (since the bill would push the US over the current limit).
    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...

Quote Originally Posted by albatross View Post
    You keep saying that, but I can't find anything in the House bill that isn't related to the crisis. The only expenditures I see mentioned are the $250 Billion initial payment, the $100 Billion followup payment, and the $350 Billion payment that is subject to congressional action. All of the other expenditures that you have repeatedly mentioned do not show up in this bill.

I'll admit that I haven't read all 109 pages of the bill in detail, but I have searched the bill for all dollar amounts and there are no mentions of other expenditures, just various limits and a modification to the limit on public debt (since the bill would push the US over the current limit).
    The first bill had 100M earmarked for ACORN. Hell to the no. It was eliminated from the revised bill.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

uh, i thought that was also already debunked, like 3 times.

Ah yes, here it is:

The ACORN canard

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

The first bill had 100M earmarked for ACORN. Hell to the no. It was eliminated from the revised bill.

Perhaps you are confused on the meaning of pork. Putting together money to help others in financial straits is very different than sticking onto the end of the bill a tricky little sentence or two to fund a Bridge to Nowhere or a Hardon Collider or give more to Israel. Wouldn't know pork if it bit you on the ass.

Have you ever actually bothered to READ either bill in their entirely you should have seen there was no pork, just a lot of ill advised power grabs for Paulson. P.S. The bills are available online. It is free to stay informed and easier than just listening to Fox Noise.

How do you know that? Bills are not available to the public until they get out of committee and are released to the floor. Only then are they published. So, anything you've read is rumor.
    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Yeah, the republicans had their feelings hurt (not like they havent been bashing Dems for 20 years, saying vastly more horrible things) so they voted out of SPITE?

Are you for fucking real?

and people are defending that? they're defending 100 something adults acting like children having a tantrum?

wtf are people smoking and where can i get some
    That about sums it up. Fucking sad.

Oh yeah and ACORN is the fucking antichrist; helping communities and shit just burns my ass. ACORN: About
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

No it wasn't. The first bailout bill, offered by Bush/Paulson was THREE PAGES. You are confused. There was no pork, just power, and it would have all gone to one person.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information