Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mormons baptised Pres. Obama's mother after she died without his consent

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    Don't care if it's a ceremony, if they threw her name in fire, sacrificed a virgin republican....If she wanted to become a mormon before she died, she would have, and her family didn't ask this of them in her death...then it's rude and ignorant. This goes for everyone they do this to. In America we have the right to choose a religion, or to not choose one...not have some whackados come along and induct you into their cult with some sacrificial ceremony after you've been dead for several years! They are worse than the Witnesses...
    By Witness, I assume you mean the Jehovah variety and not the LeBron James variety - because I am all about witnessing Bron's glory!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    all religions are cults, and you're saying that the mormon baptism isnt a real baptism while supposedly some other baptism IS real.. there's no such thing, both are just imaginary hoodoo rituals. Neither is more real than the other
    I never said any other baptism was real. Please show me where I said that.
    Read the definition of baptism and you will understand why this isn't/wasn't a baptism. It has nothing to do with me fighting between two religions.

bapĚtism
    Pronunciation: \ˈbap-ˌti-zəm, especially Southern ˈbab-\
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English baptisme
    Date: 14th century
    1 a: a Christian sacrament marked by ritual use of water and admitting the recipient to the Christian community b: a non-Christian rite using water for ritual purification c: Christian Science : purification by or submergence in Spirit
    2: an act, experience, or ordeal by which one is purified, sanctified, initiated, or named
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Was she there, no, so has was she purified.

how does watrer purify anything in a baptist church? It's all the same handwaving mysticism that means zip
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Couldn't tell you, I've never been to a baptist church.

Real Baptism is total immersion in water for the remission of sins in Jesus name, according to the bible which most people here dont believe in
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

They don't believe in mormon beliefs either, but for some reason they seem to believe in this baptism.

The Obama name will really lead people to believe in a lot.

I see he just cancelled the National Day of Prayer tomorrow at the White house. Watch the fireworks over this
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    I see he just cancelled the National Day of Prayer tomorrow at the White house. Watch the fireworks over this
    Again with this stuff? We are not a religious nation. The White House is a symbol of our nation of laws, it should NEVER be associated with any specific religion or any religion at all.

^ I don't think it should be used to celebrate Mexican holidays either, but it was.

Im just saying it is another thing for the conservatives to use against him. I could care less if he cancels it. Again with what stuff?
    Rip Mom

I hope they baptize me after I die. The more time they spend doing the Mormon rain dance, the less time they have to abuse their child wives.

Those are the fundamentalist Mormans. My sister is a Morman to 1 husband, and they dont agree with polygamy, or underage wives
    Rip Mom

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    I was raised Catholic; when my father was in the hospital dying, one of my uncles (his brother), who had several years before become a born-again Christian, asked one of my brothers if we would like his pastor to come in and see my dad. My oldest brother, a staunch Catholic himself, said no, we will have a priest of our own religion come in. The next day as we arrive at the hospital, we hear voices in my dad's room; my uncle went ahead and brought in his pastor, as well as a few ither members of his church, to pray around my dad's bedside. Needless to say, my brother was pissed. I realize my uncle meant no harm, but the bottom line is he asked, the family declined, but he still did it anyway.
    THIS is exacltly why I get pissed at Christians. Jews never would do this, or buddists, or even Muslims I'm guessing.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information