Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mormon shitbags going after civil unions in Illinois now

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

you can't vote on citizens' civil rights.

Sexual orientation is a not a civil right. Unlike skin color, you can't tell about orientation just by looking at someone. Marriages are for the individual states to decide on. It got banned in California, but passed in Massachusetts.
    ""Somebody needs to talk to Alex Castellanos: he may not be doing sex right if he thinks an Obama speech is 'like sex'."~ Rush Limbaugh

How about the right to be treated equally regardless of sexual orientation? That is a civil right, and what we were talking about before you started deflecting. And who cares if you can tell by looking or not? It doesn't change the issue.

Dead yet?
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

Quote Originally Posted by chattykathy View Post
    Sexual orientation is a not a civil right. Unlike skin color, you can't tell about orientation just by looking at someone. Marriages are for the individual states to decide on. It got banned in California, but passed in Massachusetts.
    So you only have civil rights if you look different? You're missing something there.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

It's already illegal to discriminate against someone due to sexual practices. If they had worded the bill, do you think same sex couples should be entitled to being on the partners insurance, taking care of their kids, and inheriting their property, it more than likely would have passed. Sexual orientation is not a civil rights issue, it is a marriage issue, hence should be decided state by state.
    ""Somebody needs to talk to Alex Castellanos: he may not be doing sex right if he thinks an Obama speech is 'like sex'."~ Rush Limbaugh

Oh my... waiting for the responses to this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

It's already illegal to discriminate against someone due to sexual practices.
    You're generalizing quite a bit there. You can be fired from your job in several states, such as Utah, for being gay.
    If they had worded the bill, do you think same sex couples should be entitled to being on the partners insurance, taking care of their kids, and inheriting their property, it more than likely would have passed. Sexual orientation is not a civil rights issue, it is a marriage issue, hence should be decided state by state.
    We're not discussing "sexual orientation" here. We're discussing discrimination. The discrimination that occurs in many states against those who are gay. Duh.

Sexual orientation is a not a civil right. Unlike skin color, you can't tell about orientation just by looking at someone.
    But like skin color, it is not a CHOICE. Being discriminated against because of something that is indelibly you as much as skin color is called discrimination and bigotry.

Marriages are for the individual states to decide on. It got banned in California, but passed in Massachusetts.
    Ridiculous patchwork quilt of stupidity. Is segregation still allowed, state by state?

Buffoonery!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Sexual orientation is not a civil rights issue, it is a marriage issue, hence should be decided state by state.
    Wow, i had no idea that sexuality was defined by whether you could get married or not.

*bangs head on desk*

God this is fucking stupid.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Sexual orientation is not a civil rights issue, it is a marriage issue, hence should be decided state by state.
    *blinks*... are you for real?

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

My boyfriend lived in Utah for quite some time and I've heard him make mormon jokes all the fucking time; they're like aggie jokes... but really funny.

You can't tell a person's sexual orientation by looking at them? Then what the fuck is all this talk about gaydar???
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

You can't help your skin color or your sexual preferences. I don't recall waking up one morning & saying "I think I'll be a hertosexual",I just AM. I don't think gays got a choice either!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

we most certainly did not.

For the last damn time no one wakes up and declares themselves gay. People are BORN gay, discrimination is discrimination period. I am sick and tired of people defending this type of shit. THERE IS not a damn excuse for it. It really upsets me that people are this ignorant STILL, it is a civil rights issue, and I seriously wonder about anyone that would make a statement that it is not. Seriously, wtf? I DON'T GET IT.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information